Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 01-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Knower
Anyone know resorces on woad symbols and meanings?

Not relay sure where to put this so so i will try a couple of places.
And to start of with yes, i do actually have Celtic ancestry; Specifically from pre-saxon Briton.

So the situation...
I have been designing a tattoo for myself to serve is a kind on anchor to self during ritual. I sometimes use a small amount of my own blood when i feel that a ceremony is of particular importance. In my case it helps me feel a stronger link to the earth and acknowledges my ancestors who gave their own blood trying to defend their homes. It has also become somewhat symbolic of healing old wounds.
so for this i need a strong anchor that I can always access. Up until now i did not plan to put an woad markings in the tat, and i had thought that my design was nearly complete but i keep having dreams about the woad that wont leave me alone.

What i am looking for;
a resource, ( be it web site or book) that shows a few basic markings and their meanings, and which does not have 'Hollywood' stamped all over it. If such a thing exists.
i would prefer something that show Briton markings specifically (again if such a thing exists), and the markings in need my relate more to spiritual practice then warfare.
So the golden question is does anyone know of anything that may help? I have been attempted several searches with rather frustrating results. If so pretty please post a reply or send me a message.
Many thanks.