Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-05-2018, 02:35 AM
Guide

What are happy things?

Hello :)

I have been on this path for a while and it seems that I have grown and learned a lot. There was a lot of karma that I had to work through as I am sure I have much left to do but at this point in my life I feel, happy and I am moving into greater understandings of this happiness. As I was monitoring my thoughts throughout the day I know that my negative thoughts all though quite minimized now are still quite negative. My guardians are always on point when my thoughts turn slightly negative or counter productive to remind me of the truth.

I know the BIG secret of the universe now with every being of my heart so it is easier to return to those states of love. There is even a change within my aura that shows this :) I was so surprised when I took an aura picture... I really liked it and for it to be that way after just getting off work too. Anyways...

Watching my thoughts I realize that my analytical, and cautious mind tends to easily visualize and say negative or self destructive things. I want my mind to go first to the positive and loving things first and to easily visualize and feel these things before anything else.

But what are happy things to think off?

lol it seems soo easy to be walking across the street and to think and imagine accidentally loosing foot and slipping and being destroyed by a car or truck...... It seems so easy to be randomly attack by a stranger or ghetto black person..... It seems soo easy to be shot randomly during the day..... lol...

The funny thing is that I am a big black person myself.... I know that these things are what media puts into our mind to control how we think of things.. but why is it so easily visualized? Could this be a indication of telepathic communication from a negative being trying to instill fear? I am not afraid of any of these things but at the same time my life experiences have shown me these things in the past....... When does wisdom and surrendering meet in this regard? ... nice meditation id say........

Maybe this is a good talk for the lower self because sometimes I am not aware of something mentally but my body or lowerself is reacting to the stimulus of the surrounding which then reaches my mind which then creates a ripple affect in the physical world........ I want to love and think of love....

When it comes down to it.... what are happy things?..... finding money in the streeet? Enjoying the surroundings as you go about your day....? or maybe to not think and just be, would be the best route?

Let me know what you think.... I want to make some more changes and redefine and solidify who I am and want to become.

I have all ready made the changes and realized who I am but now to display this physically...... lol Words.. are soo limiting...... smh..

Thank you for reading
:)
Old 02-05-2018, 03:25 AM
Master
"What are happy things?"

"Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things"
Old 02-05-2018, 04:41 AM
Master
In my opinion things are neither “happy” or “sad,” things are neither “positive” nor “negative” as these are but assignments given to things by our mind. Mother Teresa worked in Calcutta, India with the poorest of the poor; the most impoverished and downtrodden, and experienced love while doing such.

The duality of the human mind will always classify things as positive or negative, and this is based on whether these things bring us joy or sorrow. Yes, it is true that our world, or society, bombards us with negativity but what I have found is that inner silence is much better than going from the negative pole to a more positive polarity.

Another phrase for inner silence is inner peace, and inner peace guides me true; not being bothered by thoughts, either positive or negative. When I was in the work-a-day world, as I am now retired, I would go into the bathroom and sit in a stall to do some quiet meditation on my 10-minute breaks, and also go outside and meditate on silence during my lunch break. This along with doing regular quiet meditation in my home nurtured inner silence.

I have found that building the presence of silence up inside of you can bring a lot of genuine joy that can radiate from you, without you saying a word, and be infectious to others. We do not need a reason to be happy, and looking for “happy things” is like saying here is my reason to be happy. These things bring me happiness. When in truth happiness is an inside job and has nothing to do with our situation or other “things.”

Close down your mind and nurture inner silence and then when you need your mind you will be better able to use it, instead of letting your mind use you. If we let our mind run free, it will come up with all sorts of things, mostly related to our environment and what we have been exposed to. Take every opportunity to build up inner silence and that silence will grow and come forth with a very rich and thick presence; beyond positive and negative.

As a child we must learn how to walk, this is learning how to use our physical body, and later in life, we need to learn some emotional control. Well we also need to learn how to use our thinking machine, or mind, and one of the best ways to do this is turn it off, or make it very quiet when you do not actively need it. This takes time and constant practice, just like learning how to handle your emotions, but the results can be extremely rewarding.
Old 02-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
Hello :)

I have been on this path for a while and it seems that I have grown and learned a lot. There was a lot of karma that I had to work through as I am sure I have much left to do but at this point in my life I feel, happy and I am moving into greater understandings of this happiness. As I was monitoring my thoughts throughout the day I know that my negative thoughts all though quite minimized now are still quite negative. My guardians are always on point when my thoughts turn slightly negative or counter productive to remind me of the truth.

I know the BIG secret of the universe now with every being of my heart so it is easier to return to those states of love. There is even a change within my aura that shows this :) I was so surprised when I took an aura picture... I really liked it and for it to be that way after just getting off work too. Anyways...

Watching my thoughts I realize that my analytical, and cautious mind tends to easily visualize and say negative or self destructive things. I want my mind to go first to the positive and loving things first and to easily visualize and feel these things before anything else.

But what are happy things to think off?

lol it seems soo easy to be walking across the street and to think and imagine accidentally loosing foot and slipping and being destroyed by a car or truck...... It seems so easy to be randomly attack by a stranger or ghetto black person..... It seems soo easy to be shot randomly during the day..... lol...

The funny thing is that I am a big black person myself.... I know that these things are what media puts into our mind to control how we think of things.. but why is it so easily visualized? Could this be a indication of telepathic communication from a negative being trying to instill fear? I am not afraid of any of these things but at the same time my life experiences have shown me these things in the past....... When does wisdom and surrendering meet in this regard? ... nice meditation id say........

Maybe this is a good talk for the lower self because sometimes I am not aware of something mentally but my body or lowerself is reacting to the stimulus of the surrounding which then reaches my mind which then creates a ripple affect in the physical world........ I want to love and think of love....

When it comes down to it.... what are happy things?..... finding money in the streeet? Enjoying the surroundings as you go about your day....? or maybe to not think and just be, would be the best route?

Let me know what you think.... I want to make some more changes and redefine and solidify who I am and want to become.

I have all ready made the changes and realized who I am but now to display this physically...... lol Words.. are soo limiting...... smh..

Thank you for reading
:)

Just be free from attachment and conditions.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:26 AM
Newbie ;)

I think, first and foremost, it is important to feel grateful for what you have. That probably sounds a bit glib. But being grateful makes you realise what the good stuff is. Sure, like most people, I've had a fair amount of bad stuff happen in my life, but I've also been lucky enough to travel, I have a wonderful wife, family and friends, my health is generally good, I have enjoyed numerous spiritual experiences - in fact, I've led a very interesting life. And I am very grateful for that, and I try to say so every day. I try not to focus on the negative (although let's face it, there's enough of that going around), I don't watch or read the news (the British media just want to scare people), and I have no interest in keeping up with the Jones'. So for me, the happy things are those that I'm grateful for. What has led you to question SkyGodWarrior? Do you ever wonder why your path has led you here? Lessons? I've had a few myself and wondered what was going on at the time, but looking back they are like big red flags! They needed to happen to allow me to move on. Maybe you're at stage where you're ready to make a big leap. Could explain your current situation?
Old 02-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
When one sees the immense largeness of living beings in Creation, one sees the rareness of a human incarnation.
In my reasoning, Life is much about doing something beautiful with the rare occasion of being a humanbeing.

In my opinion, the less reason happiness has, the more stable the happiness is.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:04 AM
Guide

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments :) To tell you the truth I think loving thoughts probably 70% of the time now lol and my mind is pretty silent and it takes some effort to actually think thoughts lol. Its just when I start to get in a playful mood my little satire mind starts to take over lol. I want to write some books and etc so i think thats why I think that kind of way sometimes. I was also sick the past week too.... I think I was displaying to my lower self that I was depressed because I started to eat a lot for no real reason. I just have some habits I have to release...

I called out my lower self and spoke with him heart to heart. I told him that everything is all good and that we are doing great. I told him about the love for the universe and that my guardians and universe has me within their heart and to go forward with what I am doing and not to worry. Right way I started to feel better and I lost my illness basically over night.

I am so happy and grateful to be in such a world and to know all of you and to be living this life. I know that there were times in my past that sucked but I wouldn't change any of it...... I am happy because of all that is..... Love you all :) you all are what make me happy. I just have to open my eyes wider to take it all in. :)

Gooooood night.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Master
A happy thing for me is being joyfully present In the Eternal Now and relishing in the perfection of the Cosmos that goes beyond the thinking mind's ability to comprehend. Another would be recognizing the entire Universe in the infinite space between thoughts and the sacred Silence in between breaths... There is a pure sublime joy as I leap into the air with complete abandon with the wind blowing through my hair...

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Guide

Hi

A happy thing is a quite simple thing. As silence.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Guide

:) Thanks guys.... its interesting to see a correlation between happiness and spirituality? I wonder if all things that make one happy would be described in a spiritualistic way? It would make sense too since the root of spirituality is unconditional love!? Its nice to see your ideas too!! I recently had a bush of Roses seeming pop up out of the bloom. no pun intended haha. They are very beautiful and they are some crimson red. :)

This is an interesting idea to meditate on :)