Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Knower

Question Why Do I Care About Self-Image if I am Nobody?

I think I have traced one of the triggers that cause my depression. I think my depression stems from personality disorders. It seems I am highly sensitive personality due to anxiety and panic attacks and obsess about insignificant things that normal person would just forget about. When these things happen I feel bad about myself because know I would behaved differently were it not for above symptoms that cause me to make irrational choices sometimes. I assume victim and ruminate about event.

I ruminate because somehow I care about my self-image in that situation. Should I behaved stupidly, I would recall and think my behavior over and about other choice I should have taken that would prevent me from behaving in a certain way. But that would make me feel better only temporary since it's in the past.

I am not sure why as I am not a celebrity or important person that newspapers would write all over for their every action. I am wondering why do I care so much about self-image. Does anyone know? Is there anyone who resonates with my behavior?

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windbreeze
I think I have traced one of the triggers that cause my depression. I think my depression stems from personality disorders. It seems I am highly sensitive personality due to anxiety and panic attacks and obsess about insignificant things that normal person would just forget about. When these things happen I feel bad about myself because know I would behaved differently were it not for above symptoms that cause me to make irrational choices sometimes. I assume victim and ruminate about event.
I ruminate because somehow I care about my self-image in that situation. Should I behaved stupidly, I would recall and think my behavior over and about other choice I should have taken that would prevent me from behaving in a certain way. But that would make me feel better only temporary since it's in the past.

I am not sure why as I am not a celebrity or important person that newspapers would write all over for their every action. I am wondering why do I care so much about self-image. Does anyone know? Is there anyone who resonates with my behavior?

Thanks.

Why do you think you are a nobody ? I am sure you are very much loved by your family and friends.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Knower

Ego is the root of all evil, and self image is rooted in
an egoic perspective & delusions. Never compare yourself to
another, because truth be told, it's all an illusion.
We all are ultimately one & the same - & every being
on every level of existence has their own 'flaws & defects'
if you are viewing life through those specific lenses.
Don't. It's not only self destructive (if you still maintain
the self) it's soul destructive - or anything it will stop you
from evolving.

Never act from your ego, rather your soul.
Your actions should always be rooted in what
will benefit the whole - of you, humanity, animal
kingdom, the world, and the Universe.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Ego is the root of all evil, and self image is rooted in
an egoic perspective & delusions. Never compare yourself to
another, because truth be told, it's all an illusion.
We all are ultimately one & the same - & every being
on every level of existence has their own 'flaws & defects'
if you are viewing life through those specific lenses.
Don't. It's not only self destructive (if you still maintain
the self) it's soul destructive - or anything it will stop you
from evolving.

Never act from your ego, rather your soul.
Your actions should always be rooted in what
will benefit the whole - of you, humanity, animal
kingdom, the world, and the Universe.

I don't think ego is the root of all evil, used with wisdom it can be very beneficial to yourself and others.
I do think that egotism is the root of all evil, it's based on the delusion that we are separate from others and that can make you competitive.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Master

maybe because being judged by others is important to us. self image may help not be judged or to be judged, idk?
Old 03-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Guide

The ego is not the root of all evil, what a load of b#&@ s#£&@!

Im seeing two different issues that you are struggling with (correct me if im wrong)

1. Problems with anxiety - which I can relate to. I remember finding an amazing quote one day about this and it put it all into perspective for me.....

"If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present."
Lao Tzu

Maybe you will find it useful too.

2. You also say you are concerned about how others see you.....let me let you into a little secret.......we all are even those who say they don't care! We are social animals by nature, it's simply part of your makeup, the key here is to realise that others feel just the same way you do, we aren't so different after all.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
"If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present."
Lao Tzu

Snow Goose - I find your post to be particularly thoughtful and helpful to those suffering with depression and anxiety. The quote by Lao Tzu hits the nail dead center on the head.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:09 AM
Master
I've kinda not been chasing a woman who had some issues with depression and this has gotten me quite interested in the subject. My dad was a depressive for years and took lots of anti depressants, not a good look, and watching him, wondering why he was where he was, intuitively I learnt to keep away from depression as my own sensitive nature became apparent. So with this woman I'm not chasing I've been able to watch her and also be somewhat on the sidelines and throwing titbits her way that I've learned along the way.

Now without getting too telly, telly, as I don't think that helps, first off depressives are usually very intelligent except thought patterns aren't as useful as they could be and that's because they're normal thought patterns and normal thought patterns don't suit intelligent people.

Creative though is better, and therein creative outlets are a good start... not because you make artworks, have finished products... that in itself might bestow a little confidence but it's really the kind of meditative process that helps, seeing and creating patterns, finding patterns etc, making connections between ideas, thats the stuff that works then with that its quite simple to realise what mindfulness is. Starting to see how thought patterns work for and against us.

Then diet. Diet is really quite important and diet is about knowing what healthy food is and how it promotes good body chemistry through having a healthy gut...

With all of this going ones intuition should start happening to lead to even better choices, as it were, which when this gets going the inner trust is happening... and that is really what it's almost always about. Trust.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:54 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I've kinda not been chasing a woman who had some issues with depression and this has gotten me quite interested in the subject. My dad was a depressive for years and took lots of anti depressants, not a good look, and watching him, wondering why he was where he was, intuitively I learnt to keep away from depression as my own sensitive nature became apparent. So with this woman I'm not chasing I've been able to watch her and also be somewhat on the sidelines and throwing titbits her way that I've learned along the way.

Now without getting too telly, telly, as I don't think that helps, first off depressives are usually very intelligent except thought patterns aren't as useful as they could be and that's because they're normal thought patterns and normal thought patterns don't suit intelligent people.

Creative though is better, and therein creative outlets are a good start... not because you make artworks, have finished products... that in itself might bestow a little confidence but it's really the kind of meditative process that helps, seeing and creating patterns, finding patterns etc, making connections between ideas, thats the stuff that works then with that its quite simple to realise what mindfulness is. Starting to see how thought patterns work for and against us.

Then diet. Diet is really quite important and diet is about knowing what healthy food is and how it promotes good body chemistry through having a healthy gut...

With all of this going ones intuition should start happening to lead to even better choices, as it were, which when this gets going the inner trust is happening... and that is really what it's almost always about. Trust.

What diet do you favor, Mr Interesting?
Old 09-11-2017, 02:54 AM
Master
Bone broths I got into for a while. It was either Deer neck chops or Turkey legs and lots of veges, both root and green leafed, which I'd make and would last me days. Snack wise it's sour dough rye with various cheeses, often quite old and going amniotic, and sauerkrauts. Then I did a drink thing for a bit which was bananas, yoghurt, lsa (linseed, sunflower and almond) powder and that mexican green powder (I can't remember the name of) and kelp powder all stuck in the blender then added to orange juice... it all depends on what's available cheap and what tends to be craved... I'm pretty easy at the moment and have whatever is stuck in front of me but I've a feeling I'll be doing a bone broth soon as I'm getting a bit creaky.

Oh, a while back I suddenly figured borage leaves and pumpkin seeds were really good and I ate heaps, I was having trouble with my eyes and the area around them getting inflamed and turns out my kidneys needed cleansing and borage and pumpkin did it... though I didn't find out 'til later these two are quite good for that... so it's all as intuitive as I can be, just tending towards certain foods, did brazil nuts everyday for a few weeks... then just forgot.