Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 16-04-2018, 01:34 AM
Knower

Is the weight lifting/supplement industry safe?

Having lifted weights throughout the majority of my adult life, I've noticed how unsafe the industry has become. Lifting some weights to get healthy is great, but being led to believe that you will discover fulfillment in life taking supplements that are not only unregulated, cause severe damage to the chakra system. Especially the sacral region.
Old 16-04-2018, 02:40 AM
Master

From the threads I noticed you keep starting, you seem to see "damaging" in a lot of external things, ... :)

Why don't you just ignore them? In the big scheme, life is not out to get you. It is only up to you to build your reality.

I exercise, including with dumbbells, every day, and I take daily a half dose of whey protein supplement. I picked one of the brands that includes the essential amino acids, and that has no sugar, or other additives.

"Regulated" doesn't mean safe. Look at the medicines' side effects!

Also, buy only reputable brands of supplements, if you want better quality for your money.
Old 16-04-2018, 03:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturewalker24
Having lifted weights throughout the majority of my adult life, I've noticed how unsafe the industry has become. Lifting some weights to get healthy is great, but being led to believe that you will discover fulfillment in life taking supplements that are not only unregulated, cause severe damage to the chakra system. Especially the sacral region.

Which particular supplements are you talking about?
Old 17-04-2018, 05:16 AM
Master
It is noticeable that some guys take this entire thing to extreme levels. I see them take supplements and some will pose in front of the mirror for many minutes.
This is all vanity. It's good to keep our bodies healthy, it doesn't seem good to get all infatuated by it though. I keep myself far away from supplements, nothing beats real food. There's much shady business going on with supplements, often unregulated as you said.