Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Further reflections.

At times what may be considered a weed may spring up in the garden.

Was told once that a weed is simply that which is unwanted.

... But, some may prefer a more wild/natural look. May discover what was once thought to be a weed, offers wonderful flowers and added scent. A seed blown in by the wind. At first unknown, unrecognized. Left to grow, perhaps out of curiosity found to be a great addition to garden.

What was thought a weed/unwanted becomes a welcomed guest. Helping to attract other visitors to the garden. Thus, the perspective of the garden expands.

So, the garden reflects and shows how I may open my mind and realize not all which may be thought unwanted holds a threat. Not all block out the light. Not all take away from another.

Sometime the unexpected/unknown can hold a gift that adds to the garden and opens the mind and senses to a new experience.

At times may need to clear away the clutter and open space for that which is desired to grow to prosper. While at other times may leave space for that which may blow in and give it time to reveal the gift it may hold and what it may attract.

Welcome insights and thoughts as always.
Reminded me of a person who had 'contract'ed AIDS thought and felt that the ex-peer-ience had been a MAJOR 'blessing' - which had 'opened' him to truly appreciating and loving what LIFE was really about, which 'opening' he thought and felt might possible not have occurred otherwise!

Not that I (therefore) don't support efforts to 'weed' 'out' such dis-ease factor, mind you!

Paul's comment: "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing 'unclean' of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean." also came to mind in this regard.

Last edited by davidsun : 28-05-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 28-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Reminded me of a person who had 'contract'ed AIDS thought and felt that the ex-peer-ience had been a MAJOR 'blessing' - which had 'opened' him to truly appreciating and loving what LIFE was really about, which 'opening' he thought and felt might possible not have occurred otherwise!

Not that I (therefore) don't support efforts to 'weed' 'out' such dis-ease factor, mind you!

Paul's comment: "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing 'unclean' of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean." also same to mind in this regard.

What you share brings back the memory of a friend of mine who died of cancer.

Before he died we had a wonderful conversation about gratitude. He was in the process of writing a book about it.

This has stuck in my memory and brings the awareness that it is how one lives life that creates the character of the person.

Sometimes it is facing ones own mortality here and appreciating what is given in the brief time here. Atleast for me at times.

Not always easy and what one may go through can be a rough road.

Each does what each is able and willing to do, I suppose. Sometimes, just go on faith without knowing what may be around the bend. To leave this life with peace in myself and be able to say "Well did what I could and thank you for the opportunity" To recognize the love given and what has grown and blossomed.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Master
Hello,

Posting these thoughts here.

What is the difference between a garden, a meadow, or a forest?

This question popped into my mind as a metaphor of sorts. So, adding the thoughts here.
Welcome to add your own if felt.

A garden is a place selected to select what is planted, what is preferred, what is nurtured, and what is collected.

A meadow or forest grows as it was established, not by me, but by the conditions with in nature. I had nor have no choice in this.

So looking at these two lines of thoughts, reflecting upon my own place here upon this existence.

My mind in a way is like a garden. Ideas, thoughts perspectives, take seed. Those given attention seem to grow and expand. While others seem to drift by upon the winds of consciousness. I seem to focus upon that which is preferred, that which nurtures (in a way), and feed what may grow and/or be noticed.

I have some choice in this, although some may drift in or be planted by another experience, person, or occurances

It seems to be formed by my creation and perspective as to how it may be envisioned and/or interpreted.

Nature and creation of itself seem to be of its own. It adapts, grows, expands according to the changes that may occur and what has been established with in itself. A meadow or Forrest ( for example), has its synchrenism with all that is with in it.
I don' t control this, yet can enter it and feel the rhythm and while there am part of it.

It takes care of itself and no thinking with in itself is involved. (Atleast, in the way of trying to be this way or that).

So, where am I going with this? Suppose relating to being here in this realm and finding ways to relate that are living with in it all and looking to nature as the guide.

May be wordy in relaying the thoughts, but find most times words are not needed. It is all there to be lived. Whether as a garden (preferred/selected)or as a wild Forrest/meadow (allowed to do what it will)
Seem both are experienced in life.

Any thoughts/reflections are welcomed

Thanks for reading this