Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-08-2014, 08:43 PM
nhrob

Raven Poet
This is just me, but I think darkness exists only in this physical realm.............
I think it's important to balance our time spent on both sides. But it's also important to know how to move out of the darkness. There have been times I've felt trapped in the gooey quagmire of darkness and had a really difficult time dragging myself out. Fortunately I had caring friends and family who were there to help me get out of it. So while I recognize the importance of the dark side, I am also very respectful of how powerful it can be and not wade in too deep, given my own weaknesses. I won't fool myself into thinking I can get myself out of a deep darkness easily and all on my own. Raven Poet

Thank you Raven Poet that is well put. I feel slightly different from this, that the sprite is to the left and the physical is to the right and the coconsciousness is the world that we perceive it to be within the middle(Balance). I also feel that we are creator and are creating much more than we understand it to be.Were the dark is within it I feel is difficult for me to put my finger on, as the light I feel has a contrast as the physical dose. One side cannot be without the other and we cannot live without them both.
And thank you Raven Poet for your last paragraph which I found beauitful.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
This is just me, but I think darkness exists only in this physical realm. I believe that the negativity in this universe is tied to this physical plane only. When our spirits are finished here and travel back "home", that place is pure light and love.

The darkness of grief and sorrow, anger and jealousy, fear and anxiety. They all have things to teach us about ourselves as humans and as spirits, and about growing toward the light - not in avoidance of the darkness but to learn and grow from our time spent there.
The Light is an archetype for all that we consider as being 'good', the dark is an archetype for all that we consider as being 'bad'. This is why people perceive Spirit as Light. We can 'see the Light' and even 'become the Light' but those are ways for the human mind to grasp the concept of an all-encompassing consciousness. We are polarised consciousness, polarised in a 'grey area' between what we call light and dark. Perhaps we haven't shaken off the time when we were prey animals, that's why we're still afraid of the dark. But if it is dark it's because we have chosen not to shine our Light in there, we don't have to worry about sabre tooth tigers any more. The dark has just as much reason for it's existence as the Light, as you have alluded to.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 PM
nhrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The Light is an archetype for all that we consider as being 'good', the dark is an archetype for all that we consider as being 'bad'. This is why people perceive Spirit as Light. We can 'see the Light' and even 'become the Light' but those are ways for the human mind to grasp the concept of an all-encompassing consciousness. We are polarised consciousness, polarised in a 'grey area' between what we call light and dark. Perhaps we haven't shaken off the time when we were prey animals, that's why we're still afraid of the dark. But if it is dark it's because we have chosen not to shine our Light in there, we don't have to worry about sabre tooth tigers any more. The dark has just as much reason for it's existence as the Light, as you have alluded to.

That for me hits the nail on the head. Thank you Greenslade .We grow between, let us grow tall.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrob
That for me hits the nail on the head. Thank you Greenslade .We grow between, let us grow tall.
You're welcome, nrob, and as they say if you can't hit the nail on the head don't use a hammer.

To go back to your original question, people are afraid of the dark and too much in love with the light but the dark is their own creation. We learn and grow from that which we call 'dark', the times of fear and all those other 'low frequency' vibrations. 'Bad things happen to good people,' yes they do but it's those 'bad things' that help us grow Spiritually. Even in very human terms, enduring or coming through the other side of the 'bad things' is character-building. Dark times can often motivate people towards understanding their circumstances and they can also be the place where we 'learn the lessons', etc. It is where the seeds of creation are planted or where we stand when all of our old beliefs have been stripped away to make room for new understandings.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:09 PM
nhrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You're welcome, nrob, and as they say if you can't hit the nail on the head don't use a hammer.

To go back to your original question, people are afraid of the dark and too much in love with the light but the dark is their own creation. We learn and grow from that which we call 'dark', the times of fear and all those other 'low frequency' vibrations. 'Bad things happen to good people,' yes they do but it's those 'bad things' that help us grow Spiritually. Even in very human terms, enduring or coming through the other side of the 'bad things' is character-building. Dark times can often motivate people towards understanding their circumstances and they can also be the place where we 'learn the lessons', etc. It is where the seeds of creation are planted or where we stand when all of our old beliefs have been stripped away to make room for new understandings.

Thank you Greenslade. For me we grow in our creation of belief/dark bringing light though ourselves and the light/trust is our home everything our centre of creation. With Love
Old 04-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhrob
What has the dark ever done for us(sorry I could not resist it)and what has the light ever provided for us.

I think this is the general point, darkness has never done anything at all. It basically is the oneness that so many seeks, the silence that captivate us; the nothingness we fear. Yet rather they seem to seek towards the light in hope they get blinded Light is the force of both life and destruction. Light is the force that separates things; in the light we have to learn to accept and embrace the diversity of life in order to create oneness - though many seek towards the promise of a world where only what they deem good exist.

To answer the question, I think many are too much in love with a romanticized version of light. Not saying it is bad it actually can be a good foundation for growth!
Old 07-09-2014, 09:52 AM
nhrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamedes
I think this is the general point, darkness has never done anything at all. It basically is the oneness that so many seeks, the silence that captivate us; the nothingness we fear. Yet rather they seem to seek towards the light in hope they get blinded Light is the force of both life and destruction. Light is the force that separates things; in the light we have to learn to accept and embrace the diversity of life in order to create oneness - though many seek towards the promise of a world where only what they deem good exist.

To answer the question, I think many are too much in love with a romanticized version of light. Not saying it is bad it actually can be a good foundation for growth!

Thank you Megamedes that was beautifully put and I feel that with Greenslade thread and yours for me we cannot go to much further in understand and once you come to a place that gives you rest within and without it is time just to grow and absorb that from where we are for this is all that really matters. With Love