Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM
star-child

Attempting to see my aura but seeing different things?

I have been trying to see my aura in the mirror, the first time I tried my physical body started to disappear or as if it was being replace by a strong white light, this only happened for a second before I stopped. Apparently I was seeing my higher self.

I tried a second, third and forth time to see my aura (I relax then look at the space around my self where it should be in the mirror) but all that happens is my face distorts and appears to change shape, not when I'm looking directly at it but I can see it happening and then my eyes become really dominant and piercing.

I am actually starting to wonder if this is an eye site problem!

But could it be something else?

When my face distorts I feel like if I concentrated longer on the area outside my body I would start to disappear again.

I'm just really curious as to why my face is changing shape.

Thanks, Sophie.

Just found this online

Quote:
On a few rare occasions and only for a split second when, for lack of a better word, I was “out”, that is to say completely void of conscious thought, my body turned a bright golden white, which of course caught my attention immediately and brought my conscious mind back online and consequently lost it.

On several occasions of prolonged and deep concentration I have noticed that my face ceases to be identifiable as mine. It is difficult to explain but my face appears to change to another version of myself. That is to say, it’s me but it’s not, I have the feeling of familiarity that yes this is my face but physically it only bears some resemblance. After consulting several resources I was told that this may be a form of past life regression, so I would be seeing the faces of my bodies in former lives. I’m not sure but that explanation resonates with my experience. Also there is another mirror meditation which essentially uses similar methods for past life regression. An interesting coincidence, but at this point in my life I am not terribly interested in exploring past lives so I never pursued it further, if you desire to do so, please be my guest!
- http://growingeveryday.com/index.php...cles&Itemid=41

That is basically what happens to me.

Is this dangerous in any way? I'm very new to all this but I don't want to be vulnerable to anything.

Last edited by star-child : 09-10-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM
rus11

I don't think you have and danger to be concerned about.

If you do not like that distraction try looking at your hand or fingers when trying to see your aura, instead of the mirror at your whole self. Unless you want to explore this experience with face changing (I've noticed it myself on occasion). Also try different shades for the backdrop, whether it is a dark wall or light wall behind your hand may make a difference when starting out.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:55 AM
twitch

Well that was interesting but wait untill you look long enough and see several different faces wow
Old 12-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Michael Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
I have been trying to see my aura in the mirror, the first time I tried my physical body started to disappear or as if it was being replace by a strong white light, this only happened for a second before I stopped. Apparently I was seeing my higher self.

I tried a second, third and forth time to see my aura (I relax then look at the space around my self where it should be in the mirror) but all that happens is my face distorts and appears to change shape, not when I'm looking directly at it but I can see it happening and then my eyes become really dominant and piercing.

I am actually starting to wonder if this is an eye site problem!

But could it be something else?

When my face distorts I feel like if I concentrated longer on the area outside my body I would start to disappear again.

I'm just really curious as to why my face is changing shape.

Thanks, Sophie.

Just found this online

- http://growingeveryday.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60:mi rror-meditation-seeing-auras&catid=29:original-articles&Itemid=41

That is basically what happens to me.

Is this dangerous in any way? I'm very new to all this but I don't want to be vulnerable to anything.

Hi. Learning to see Auras not that hard if you are ready. :) As stated different backgrounds are good, as you might be able to see better in one color than another at first. Also do not look directly at the foot or hand, look off to the side in sort of a blurred gaze. This should help you to not get as distracted. In time if you stay with it you should be able to see a person Aura quickly with almost any background. I would recommend looking at your foot only because you are likely to be more comfortable propping it up without feeling the need to move it. :) As for the other stuff I agree with other post that there's no real danger there. However having said that you could do a health clearance or grounding after. That too never hurts. Good luck BB Mike