Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 17-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
You talked about shifting vibes. This is a new age jargon thing about people vibrating and the frequency of vibration being high when things are good and low when they're evil.... or so it goes.

Frequency is just the rate of vibration. I presume, to its users, a high vibration (sometimes they call it a high vibrational level) means a high frequency. Frequency, put simply, is the number of times a regular vibration occurs in one second, otherwise called cycles and indicated by Hz (Herz, after Heirich Herz who provided the first proof of electromagnetic waves).

2GHz means 2 billion cycles per second - a very high frequency (Bluetooth devices work at around that frequency).

So really I was trying to be a bit satirical about the new-ageist appropriation of the term "vibration" without rhyme nor reason except for the Beach Boys' famous song.

Can you tell me how many level of vibrations there are?
Old 17-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm thirty and single so I still prefer Miss :).
Old 26-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Master
The word Madam does sound to me like the owner of a brothel--of which I was in one lifetime. However, add an E to the end of it, and my vision quickly changes to that of an elegant, graceful, poised woman of middle age or older.

Madame sounds so much more classy when you add that E!

I get called Ma'am a bit more often nowadays, but up until very recently, I was called "Miss" quite a lot. That's saying a lot since I'm 37 haha