Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Space_Man

Healing from self-injury

This is intended to be a place for those who are effected by self-injury to gather for support....
Old 24-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Poppies

Uuuh... that would be me...

I'm around if anyone wants to talk...
Old 25-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Space_Man

Well, I didn
Old 25-01-2006, 10:51 AM
imported_devolution

Why is it that the most gentle people, the spiritual people, creative people seem to be those most at risk of hurting themselves... ??
I've damaged myself in the past several times - because of despair in broken dreams and love...

It's almost as if the pain is too much to bear inside any longer, that the only way to quell the feelings of desperation is too slight the body... The prison of the soul... :?:
Old 25-01-2006, 02:47 PM
Poppies

Spacey... I'd love to hear anything you have to say about the links between SI and your "spiritual" side... I'd be very interested to explore that side of things with you... it interests me..... But I'm not 'pushing'.... just when (and if) you're ready....

devolution - I don't know whether to say "good to see you here" or "sorry to see you here"....

but I'm glad that you felt you could join us here!

Quote:
It's almost as if the pain is too much to bear inside any longer, that the only way to quell the feelings of desperation is too slight the body... The prison of the soul... :?:

I would never be able to give just one single reason for my SI... but I can really identify with what you say there... emotional pain terrifies me..... somehow it seems easier to deal with when it becomes physical...
Old 26-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Enlightener

The best way to deal with emotional pain is to not let it happen in the first place.
You can train your mind to change your current thought patterns, and simply live your life as if it were not a struggle. This is what the Master does, life is not a struggle, it is a blessing. Every moment becomes a blessing to the Master, for she sees that all life's "struggles" are placed in front of her for a reason and that none were meant to hurt her.

Every challenge is a blessing, I say. And every struggle a chance to heal yourself.

Nothing matters in life apart from the matter you give it. comprehende?

Enlightener.
Old 26-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
The best way to deal with emotional pain is to not let it happen in the first place.
You can train your mind to change your current thought patterns, and simply live your life as if it were not a struggle. This is what the Master does, life is not a struggle, it is a blessing. Every moment becomes a blessing to the Master, for she sees that all life's "struggles" are placed in front of her for a reason and that none were meant to hurt her.

Every challenge is a blessing, I say. And every struggle a chance to heal yourself.

Enlightener.

Hmmmm..... respectfully....

I accept that it might be possible to "train your mind to change your current thought patterns, and simply live your life as if it were not a struggle." - but doesn't this turn someone into an uncaring, unfeeling sort of 'robot'?

Quote:
Emotional pain is as real as physical pain. Is it possible to 'not let' physical pain happen in the first place?

Quote:
Every moment becomes a blessing to the Master, for she sees that all life's "struggles" are placed in front of her for a reason and that none were meant to hurt her.
I accept that we are able to learn and to grow from the struggles/suffering/problems/obstacles that we come across.

Quote:
Sorry... could you explain that further please?
Old 28-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Ancestral

Since I have to deal with other people's emotions on top of my own I would have to strongly disagree with you Enlightener. I cannot train mind to not feel because I am for one empathic which makes me not normal to begin with. Feeling emotions is a part of nature that helps us to more then a empty shell. I enjoy feeling every emotion that is mine alone others not so much. But the pain I have felt in my lifetime has made a better person and I would not for one want to not feel anything at all. I hope that I did not offend you in anyway Enlightener because that was not my intention.
Old 28-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestral
Since I have to deal with other people's emotions on top of my own I would have to strongly disagree with you Enlightener. I cannot train mind to not feel because I am for one empathic which makes me not normal to begin with. Feeling emotions is a part of nature that helps us to more then a empty shell. I enjoy feeling every emotion that is mine alone others not so much. But the pain I have felt in my lifetime has made a better person and I would not for one want to not feel anything at all. I hope that I did not offend you in anyway Enlightener because that was not my intention.

Ancestral... just to clarify here... can I ask why being empathic makes you 'not normal'... I'm not challenging you - I'm curious....

Is being told that you are empathic (is it empathic or empathetic? :? ) unusual then? I've been told that I am empathic/etic, but I just assumed that was because I've a tendency to be particularly 'super-sensitive'........... For me there is a direct link between this thread, and the Healing from Child Abuse thread. I know that as a child I constantly watched my father for any sign of a change in his mood - and I have always assumed that this is why I'm particularly sensitive to people's emotions now..... I know I still do it now - constantly watching people for the slightest indication of a change in their moods... I don't know if I'm making sense, but I see a direct link between the two...... I worry and stress if I know that someone 'isn't right'.... but I reckon that comes from my own 'fear' of emotions... rather than being particularly 'different' in a 'spiritual' way...........

Anyway... basically I agree with what you're saying... if a life without emotional pain means a life with any emotions or emotional struggle... I'll vote for the emotional pain!

But please come and talk some more Enlightener! We're not out to 'get' you!!!!! :)
Old 29-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Ancestral

Well Poppies. Normal to me has a different meaning then for most people and for me it is normal but to other whom do not understand it is not normal. I understood what you meant because there is a connection between abuse people that I really cannot explain but I shall try. People whom have had experience a trauma some how know without saying a word when someone else has also experienced a trauma. I actually feel the cause and exact emotion they do like grief if someone else around me is grieving I begin to cry if they are crying and so forth. It makes me different from others but hey we all are different it is just someone people do not accept difference's. Hope I did not confuss you if so let me know. :)
Closed Thread