Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 28-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Animal Empathy

Is it possible for animals to feel human emotions...such as pain...and rush to comfort us?
Old 28-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator
I had a Jack Russell once who did exactly that! And it was not as a result of observing my facial expression or anything I said, etc.
I once took him for a short walk in the night. It's pitch-dark where I live, no streetlights. He was on a leash, and walking ahead of me along the track. I felt emotion suddenly about something which made me sad. But I didn't do anything, or make any sound, or walk any differently.
He suddenly stopped, turned round and jumped up against my legs again and again, making a big fuss. I feel he was trying in his own way to lift me out of what he sensed from me.
Old 29-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Henri77

Just as humans react to grief,sadness, instinctively , through the oneness, so do some animals. I've certainly heard this of cats too.
If this is manifestation of divine love being expressed , or something more primal-organic, who can say,
We've also heard of dolphins defending humans or saving them from drowning.

What they actually experience-feel we can probably only guess.
But animal psychics likely have much to say on this.
Old 29-12-2012, 03:26 AM
Mr.Whitmore

animals, especially dogs, hear frequencies inaudible to humans....we are electric beings...which give off frequencies......aka sound.

Sound =emotion

Its why some songs create a "feeling" inside you.....the soul connection
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 AM
LBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Whitmore
Is it possible for animals to feel human emotions...such as pain...and rush to comfort us?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
animals, especially dogs, hear frequencies inaudible to humans....we are electric beings...which give off frequencies......aka sound.

Sound =emotion

Its why some songs create a "feeling" inside you.....the soul connection
^
You obviously have some understanding here so I am surprised that you are asking.

To answer you question - Yes.
In my personal observations in Dogs, Cats, Horses and even Cows and Chickens lol (okay well maybe the chicken was just wondering where the heck everyone went )

Or they will rush to get away from a persons emotions also. Depending on what that emotion is.

It's also possible for some people to pick up the animals emotions (beyond the physical sense of "seeing")

hope that helps Mr Whitmore

opps - Edit...
Ment to add that studies have shown that animals do have preferences in music also
e.g Cattle prefer classical music over heavy metal
lol and now I will have that "cows with guns" song popping into my head
Old 01-01-2013, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator
My dog loved music. I do too. But she had her preferences. Yes she mostly preferred classical. But oddly, she showed liking for some composers that either I hadn't bothered much with before, or hadn't really liked their music. She got me to sit and listen, and give them a chance.
Now I like that music.
So we had different tastes! Interesting.
She did not like Metal....most pop music (with a few unusual exceptions that always took me by surprise and made me laugh) Also she didn't like Wagner. I used to like it! But if it was on the radio she would put her head down and look bored as heck! Even the Ride of the Valkyries did nothing for her!
Old 29-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Master

See 'The Caring Side of Dogs' thread in the 'Animals' sub-section...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Knower

All animals have feelings, happiness, contentment, fear. What they do not have is feelings of worry and regret- feelings that need a sense of future and past. The bond between mother and child is immensely strong in any animal of any species.
Some can sense things that humans cannot- dogs are often used to detect cancer and other illnesses through the smell of a person- slightly altered to their highly tuned sense of smell.
The herd instinct is a way of sensing emotions of others, an instant communication without the option of complex speech.
Old 29-12-2012, 08:20 PM
sesheta

Animals absolutely pick up on our emotions! Whether it is fear, sadness, illness, or happiness - they can detect it and will respond to it in whatever way their instincts tell them is necessary, or helpful.....
Old 29-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Master
Cat

I have a cat that rushes to me whenever i am upset. He will try to lick my tears or meow at me to pick him up so he can hug me. (seriously) I give him his hug and put him back down and he meows at me to keep picking him up. He usually continues to do this until he knows i am ok. Sometimes i will just cry into his side, resting my head on his belly and he will purr and put his forehead to mine. I feel connected to his soul. I love both my cats equally, but the other one doesn't do this when i am upset. I have never had a cat do this, it is special. So yes, i definately believe they can sense our emotions and react.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace