Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Master

Attracted to Seemingly RANDOM OBJECTS

I've been mulling this over in my mind for a few years now. Things that are common enough in my everyday life that I seem to surround myself with.

Pennants. Flag-type symbols that are brightly colored and wave freely in the breeze.

I've read several books in the medieval/Elizabethan era. It's always the scene where they describe being on a hill as they approach, looking down at a castle as they prepare for a tournament or some kind of celebration. And pennants are flying from each group or sect of people. Bright colors. Blue skies. Warm day. Excitement! I see it so clearly in my mind.

Then once, about a year ago I realize I have strips of cloth (to mimic snakes) attached to poles in my yard to keep my ducks away from those spots. And I realized, every time I look at those strips of cloth blowing in the breeze I get warm fuzzies. For the first time I saw pennants in my mind, instead of strips of cloth.

Bells are another one. Especially at Christmas time but I love bells all year long! I'm not sure what the attachment is. I don't get a clear picture in my mind. Maybe a horse drawn sleigh with bells? Maybe not. It's not as clear.

Once I was thumbing through a National Geographic magazine and I saw a picture of a mountain. This mountain made my heart sing. I can't describe how I felt other than 'home' and 'familiar' and 'longing'. There was a tiny village at its base. It was somewhere in Indonesia, I remember that. But I recognized that mountain in all its splendor.

Is there anything or anywhere for you? It stumped me for years because the things I love and feel drawn to are so common it's easy to overlook them.

Maybe your suggestions will get me thinking.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Master

We had our windows washed today an I had to take all my 'stuff' off of the window sills so the window washer could get to the windows. And I realized I have every available window sill lined with colored glass. Mostly slender vases that will fit nicely on the narrow sill.

I take this time while they are down to wash each one. As I'm washing and running soapy warm water over each piece I'm looking at deep blues, velvety greens, vibrant reds, perky pinks and bright yellows. Some tall, some wavy, some bumpy. Each piece I have collected over the years because of its vibrant solid color. No patterns allowed. No two tones. I'm wondering, yet again, why I have surrounded myself with all this beautiful glassware. I have no link, no clue.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Knower
Perhaps some past life remnant? I’ve not much clue where from, though. The mention of pennants along with your fondness for that mountain puts the image of Himalayan mountain villages in mind.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Hi Linen,

I do believe that strong dislikes or likes are related to past lives. What does it for me is spicy food, red hot chilli peppers, the sea, modetate temperatures, temples, castles, swords or armors and nature, among others.

Places or countries are, Amazon forest, India, Egypt and the Nile among others.

Too many places and things to name.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:46 PM
Master

Thank you Past. The pennants and the mountain were two separate incarnations. I'm sure. With the pennants I was maybe english? Not sure. The scenery was english, to be sure, with the castle, etc..

The one with the mountain; I was oriental. I think female.

Great input Sunshine. What do you have in your house that you have surrounded yourself with?

The mountain. I thought about it some more and finally looked up the National Geographic Magazine online. Come to find out they have every issued they ever published digitized and available for view. A yearly subscription to view them is only $12. So I am going to find that mountain with the village. I have made it through 1940. I can digitally look through one magazine about every 10 minutes. So if I can do one year of magazines a day I should be able to find it soon. My one worry is what if I don't recognize it this time?

As for colored glass. I was doing one of those mind-numbing tasks this morning and thinking of colored glass and suddenly saw myself in my mind, sitting on the ground in a 3 sided tent, with bits of colored glass in piles around me. All of the glass was sorted according to color. I made mosaics out of them. I loved my craft. I may have been male but I'm not positive.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Suspended
Hi Linen,

Sea shells, stones, flowers, incense sticks, candles and wood for the fireplace