Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Kapitan_Prien

"Evidence Suggests that Your Past isn't Set in Stone"

I have yet to really sit and read this and 'digest' it. I had always thought about this but never brought it up because I know that I'd get the stereotypical (reincarnation by birth) reply - that of "That was then - this is now." But that's not how things operate for me being reincarnated via soul exchange and...I've always wondered about it.

Robert Lanza, M.D. : Does the Past Exist Yet?

Recent discoveries require us to rethink our understanding of history. "The histories of the universe," said renowned physicist Stephen Hawking "depend on what is being measured, contrary to the usual idea that the universe has an objective observer-independent history."

Is it possible we live and die in a world of illusions? Physics tells us that objects exist in a suspended state until observed, when they collapse in to just one outcome. Paradoxically, whether events happened in the past may not be determined until sometime in your future -- and may even depend on actions that you haven't taken yet.

In 2002, scientists carried out an amazing experiment, which showed that particles of light "photons" knew -- in advance −- what their distant twins would do in the future. They tested the communication between pairs of photons -- whether to be either a wave or a particle. Researchers stretched the distance one of the photons had to take to reach its detector, so that the other photon would hit its own detector first. The photons taking this path already finished their journeys -− they either collapse into a particle or don't before their twin encounters a scrambling device. Somehow, the particles acted on this information before it happened, and across distances instantaneously as if there was no space or time between them. They decided not to become particles before their twin ever encountered the scrambler. It doesn't matter how we set up the experiment. Our mind and its knowledge is the only thing that determines how they behave. Experiments consistently confirm these observer-dependent effects.

More recently (Science 315, 966, 2007), scientists in France shot photons into an apparatus, and showed that what they did could retroactively change something that had already happened. As the photons passed a fork in the apparatus, they had to decide whether to behave like particles or waves when they hit a beam splitter. Later on - well after the photons passed the fork - the experimenter could randomly switch a second beam splitter on and off. It turns out that what the observer decided at that point, determined what the particle actually did at the fork in the past. At that moment, the experimenter chose his history.

Of course, we live in the same world. Particles have a range of possible states, and it's not until observed that they take on properties. So until the present is determined, how can there be a past? According to visionary physicist John Wheeler (who coined the word "black hole"), "The quantum principle shows that there is a sense in which what an observer will do in the future defines what happens in the past." Part of the past is locked in when you observe things and the "probability waves collapse." But there's still uncertainty, for instance, as to what's underneath your feet. If you dig a hole, there's a probability you'll find a boulder. Say you hit a boulder, the glacial movements of the past that account for the rock being in exactly that spot will change as described in the Science experiment.

But what about dinosaur fossils? Fossils are really no different than anything else in nature. For instance, the carbon atoms in your body are "fossils" created in the heart of exploding supernova stars. Bottom line: reality begins and ends with the observer. "We are participators," Wheeler said "in bringing about something of the universe in the distant past." Before his death, he stated that when observing light from a quasar, we set up a quantum observation on an enormously large scale. It means, he said, the measurements made on the light now, determines the path it took billions of years ago.

Like the light from Wheeler's quasar, historical events such as who killed JFK, might also depend on events that haven't occurred yet. There's enough uncertainty that it could be one person in one set of circumstances, or another person in another. Although JFK was assassinated, you only possess fragments of information about the event. But as you investigate, you collapse more and more reality. According to biocentrism, space and time are relative to the individual observer - we each carry them around like turtles with shells.

History is a biological phenomenon − it's the logic of what you, the animal observer experiences. You have multiple possible futures, each with a different history like in the Science experiment. Consider the JFK example: say two gunmen shot at JFK, and there was an equal chance one or the other killed him. This would be a situation much like the famous Schrödinger's cat experiment, in which the cat is both alive and dead − both possibilities exist until you open the box and investigate.

"We must re-think all that we have ever learned about the past, human evolution and the nature of reality, if we are ever to find our true place in the cosmos," says Constance Hilliard, a historian of science at UNT. Choices you haven't made yet might determine which of your childhood friends are still alive, or whether your dog got hit by a car yesterday. In fact, you might even collapse realities that determine whether Noah's Ark sank. "The universe," said John Haldane, "is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."
Old 27-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Master
Hey THANKS for posting, KP.

Imma read this and digest a bit...but yeah, I've heard tell of similar and apparently it is true...sages & alchemists have known this for ages, literally...
(LOL)
Old 28-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Leah85

Cat How do you apply this on your daily life?

Ok, fascinating. But how do we apply this to our daily lives?

"Choices you haven't made yet might determine which of your childhood friends are still alive, or whether your dog got hit by a car yesterday."

In which way could this be possible? Does anyone who understands this fuller could give us an insight on this?

In the same way, is it possible to change our past by something we do now? I mean, in relation to a choice you made or something that happened to you; someone you would like to be with again that you left on your past; a career you have chosen; etc. ...

And another question: does our life depend exclusively on OUR own perspective, or also on other's perspective? Which would result more or less in a mixture of what you observe and what others do.
Old 29-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Saladkiller

Ive experienced this directly.

Jesus said "he who stands at the beginning knows the end, and does not taste death." or something like that

Past, present, and future is one single thing. One mind of many perspectives. From this perspective, changes to your past come back to you as a remembering. Its kind of hard to explain how it works though.

Quote:
And another question: does our life depend exclusively on OUR own perspective, or also on other's perspective? Which would result more or less in a mixture of what you observe and what others do.
It depends on where your putting your awareness/energy.

Last edited by Saladkiller : 29-10-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Master
I agree it's fascinating, and I think this gives us some perspective on how important the moment is. It speaks to the importance of being aware and making conscious choices.

Like anything else, all we can do is try to be present in the now.
Because if the future changes the past, that's the past we will remember (LOL).
We won't recall it was ever different. (At least most of us won't, LOL...)

Very few of us are at the level of self-realisation to be able to consciously change the past from the vantage of what we call the future. And the levels of intendant responsibility and purity of intent and awareness of interbeing are immense.

That's why it's probably best for most of us just to worry abt trying to be well and do good today in the current mo'.

Peace & blessings,
7L
Old 29-10-2010, 07:28 PM
JEN

Hi everyone
I have also read this stuff often before, and to be perfectly honest, cant work it out in my 'logical' mind, but at another level, it sort of all makes sense..... but please dont ask me to explain that 'knowing'. I think we can tend to all get caught up in the idea of linear time - past, present and future.... (already happened, about to happen, will happen later). One small thing I have consciously changed is the term 'past lives' to 'passed lives', thereby not relegating all of my previous experiences to the 'past' .... because I do think our incarnations on this plane can happen at any point in time along the continuum of time.

I have read stories of people who have 'visited' themselves as a child, and their future self...... and indeed, their alternative self-same selves in another dimension, split at the time of a major choice being made.... both selves living out the alternative decisions. Is this true... who knows... but it is an interesting thought.

Have you ever done healing on a ancestoral/familial/genetic belief, condition or trait? Well, in my experience, when YOU explore, bring it to the light, and heal it, you can notice subtle changes happening within your broader family group.... not just you. If this 'personal' healing affects more than YOU, then it is not such a large step of the imagination to believe that it is actually healing across the cosmos of time.

Another, sort of, related matter is 'expanding' time. Have you ever consciously expanded or shrunk time to suit your needs? By this I mean, get three hours work completed in 1 hour; ask that a complicated 2 hour healing session take only 45 minutes and it does; or 'make' time to order and eat, and catch up with gossip of friends, when you have only '30 minutes' till you have to leave, and you do, quite comfortably! Well, I often ask, what happens to everybody elses 'time' when I do this. Surely I am not imposing my needs on the rest of the world..... just onto my reality. If this is the case, then time is indeed flexible and interacting.

Just food for thought. JEN
Old 29-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Master
JEN interesting post. I have not met myself...that I know of...but it would be fairly mind blowing I'm certain! I would love to sit and chat with my "older" or "younger" self!

But re: healing, yes I believe that it is a known occurence for certain the healing moves forward and may very well move backwards (from our vantage) as well...why not? And yes it does seem to heal families to some degree, certainly regarding emotional and karmic wounds and their fallout.

Re: time being flexible...yes & no, LOL! More often no, but working on more often yes...LOL!!!!

Peace & blessings,
7L
Old 29-10-2010, 09:17 PM
JEN

Yeah! LOL . I just picked out the 'good' bits of my life experiences! The rest is still a work in progress!
Old 29-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Master
I'm replying to this so I can find it in my posts because I really want to read this it's fascinating.
Thanks
Spiritlite.
Old 30-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
JEN: Another, sort of, related matter is 'expanding' time. Have you ever consciously expanded or shrunk time to suit your needs? By this I mean, get three hours work completed in 1 hour; ask that a complicated 2 hour healing session take only 45 minutes and it does; or 'make' time to order and eat, and catch up with gossip of friends, when you have only '30 minutes' till you have to leave, and you do, quite comfortably!

Yes I've had that happen...it is odd. I'll be doing things and it seems like I would get a million things done in a very very short period of 'time'.

Quote:
JEN: Have you ever done healing on a ancestoral/familial/genetic belief, condition or trait? Well, in my experience, when YOU explore, bring it to the light, and heal it, you can notice subtle changes happening within your broader family group.... not just you. If this 'personal' healing affects more than YOU, then it is not such a large step of the imagination to believe that it is actually healing across the cosmos of time.

I've thought about that myself - it seems that as I healed this body from the residual energy - it seems to have had a 'larger effect' on others.