Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 25-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Guide

Weird stairs

I dreamt I was in the workplace (nowhere I've ever worked) and an ex work colleague who I loved working with years ago said he'd give the rest of us a lift home as he was finished. There were two other ex work colleagues too who I also loved working with. We were all laughing about how our colleague had only been at work for four hours and it hadn't been worth him coming in but he was doing few hours as the next day was the start of his holidays. I fell asleep in the back of the car leaning on one of the others and I woke when we stopped.

There was some commotion going on outside and there was loads of people about. I'm not sure why we'd stopped but I kept thinking about how I wanted my colleague to drop the other two off first as then I could tell him to just drop me at the bus stop. I didn't want him to go out of his way taking me all the way home as I lived miles away and it was so far out of his way.

Then we were inside and climbing stairs that had different carpet patterns and colours on each stair. I'd walk up five stairs and then down four, then I'd walk up three stairs and down five. It was like a wave of stairs that never went up really high they just went on and on for ages before getting to the other end. Weirdly once I got to the other end, I set off back up and down them to go back. Once back I realised I'd left my bag at the other end so had to go all the way back again to get it. It was like walking up and down a small roller coaster that went on for about half a mile.

This is when I woke. The thing that stood out most was obviously the way the stairs went up and down and the fact that each one was different carpet. It also crossed my mind that their were three people there that I liked very much.
Old 25-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Experiencer

It seems to me this dream is about how you handle your relationships. The up and down theme of the stairs is repeated in the lift you are being given and your wish to be dropped. While the friends basically make you feel good and comfortable and the friendships have a lot to offer you (the many different carpets), basically you are getting nowhere it seems - you are given a lift, then you ask to be dropped off, you go up and down the stairs, not getting to a higher point, and back and forth, arriving at your starting point. Do you feel your relationships to the three people you like very much are not going anywhere, or have even come to a standstill (the car stops and you don't know why)?

In the car you fall asleep and lean on one of the others, and on the stairs you forget your bag. This looks to me like you are forgetting what you want (the bag with your intimate thoughts and wishes), you rely on the others (you are not the driver). The dream tells you that you have to reconnect with your own self (retrieve your bag) to find out what you really want from these friendships and then act according to it.
Old 28-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Guide

Thank you Perfection

Tomma, the three of them are old work colleagues that I never kept in touch with when I left that employment. For the last 10 years I've never worked anywhere and socialized with colleagues. I did when I was a lot younger. I've always been of the mindset that work was work and home was home. I got to that state of mind after every work do or get together ended with everyone talking about work and *****ing about each other. To me the idea of a day/night out was to get away from work so we could all have fun.

I think the resolution to that for me would have been to seek employment where that wouldn't happen so I just stopped going out with them and kept things separate. There was also the typical colleague that would listen to your conversations and take information to use against you which was deeply unpleasant to watch so not many people at that employment knew very much about me lol

I felt like the three of them were portrayed to me in the dream specially for the qualities I enjoyed about them and the way I treated them which could mean how I chose not to keep in touch with anyone. Out of all my colleagues (past and present) even now if I was given the choice to choose who would I would go on a night out with, it would still be those three.

The one who offered the lift asked me on a date in a round about way and I ignored it because it was unexpected and I wasn't sure how I felt about it. By the time I'd made a decision to accept it was too late.

Two good opportunities missed. Thank you Tomma
Old 29-06-2018, 12:51 AM
Experiencer

Ah yes that makes sense. The up and down and back and forth could refer to your ambivalence regarding these three people who you like but did not keep in touch with.

The crowd outside the car could be the gossip that ensues at work places and you don't want anything to do with.

It's noteworthy to me that you dream about them after 10 years of not keeping in touch.

Btw, I did once accept a date from a colleague, we spent one night together. Afterwards it was terribly awkward at work and I regretted the date lol!
Old 29-06-2018, 10:48 PM
Master
I think it refers to an energy pattern/vibration somewhat like a lightwave pattern, it is in your home so that suggests to me that this is in your true energy home, perhaps it relates to some energy work you did some time ago, which was getting you somewhere real in terms of our journey to our 'True Self'. I think your 3 friends refer to the energy pattern itself, what constitutes it, and perhaps you had this dream to reorient yourself in the right direction.
Old 30-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma
Ah yes that makes sense. The up and down and back and forth could refer to your ambivalence regarding these three people who you like but did not keep in touch with.

The crowd outside the car could be the gossip that ensues at work places and you don't want anything to do with.

It's noteworthy to me that you dream about them after 10 years of not keeping in touch.

Btw, I did once accept a date from a colleague, we spent one night together. Afterwards it was terribly awkward at work and I regretted the date lol!

It crossed my mind at the time about how it would be at work if I accepted the date and if I remember rightly that's what put me off lol I also noticed that these particular three popped up after so long.
Old 30-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I think it refers to an energy pattern/vibration somewhat like a lightwave pattern, it is in your home so that suggests to me that this is in your true energy home, perhaps it relates to some energy work you did some time ago, which was getting you somewhere real in terms of our journey to our 'True Self'. I think your 3 friends refer to the energy pattern itself, what constitutes it, and perhaps you had this dream to reorient yourself in the right direction.

This is good info django, I used to be a people pleaser and adapt myself to various people and situations losing my true self. These three people, I could just be my true self with.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
These three people, I could just be my true self with.

Your true self - like what's in the bag you forget and then go to retrieve.