Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-09-2019, 05:19 AM
Master

“I cannot tell you enough that every situation that happens to you is necessary for your growth. There are no mistakes. Everything that you've been through, everything that you're going through, is absolutely necessary for your spiritual growth. If it does not look kosher to you, realize it's your mind reacting. It's your ego reacting. And the way to handle it, is to just observe. Do not get involved by arguing, fighting, trying to change things. Just observe. If you can observe without getting excited, then you've passed that test and you will not have to repeat it. But if you get angry, you get upset, you want to get even, you're always thinking about it, and you have hate and animosity, even though you move away from that situation, you will meet that situation again, and again, and again, until you learn not to react to it.”

Robert Adams

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 27-09-2019 at 07:00 AM.
Old 27-09-2019, 05:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Again some of you might say, "But what about my work? I've got to think about my bills? ...I've got to think about my family?..."
There is a Power that knows the way.
If you but surrender to this Power, all your needs will be met from within.
All your needs will be met from within.
-Robert
(Ha, and boy oh boy...have I found this to be true for over a decade...it's the old, Seek the Kingdom of
Heaven first and all else will come..started that in Jan 2006...with unwavering mental discipline-
and it has been similar to 'magic' in my life...
at least others watching me think that ! Lol Oh the stories ! ) Thank you Jesus, for instructing us to do that 2000 yrs ago!!!!!
So simple: trust that Power, God, Father, the All That Is...and not this world or your logic or your ego's anxiety.
Thanks for sharing, really resonated with me this morning. The human dilemma.

"You never turned around to see the frowns on the jugglers and the clowns
When they all come down and did tricks for you
You never understood that it ain't no good
You shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" Bob Dylan

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 27-09-2019, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

“I cannot tell you enough that every situation that happens to you is necessary for your growth. There are no mistakes. Everything that you've been through, everything that you're going through, is absolutely necessary for your spiritual growth. If it does not look kosher to you, realize it's your mind reacting. It's your ego reacting. And the way to han- dle it, is to just observe. Do not get involved by arguing, fighting, trying to change things. Just observe. If you can observe without getting excited, then you've passed that test and you will not have to repeat it. But if you get angry, you get upset, you want to get even, you're always thinking about it, and you have hate and animosity, even though you move away from that situation, you will meet that situation again, and again, and again, until you learn not to react to it.”

Robert Adams
If you were a psychic and gave me this as a message, I would say you are
100% CORRECT!

Thanks for sharing!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 27-09-2019, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:

“I cannot tell you enough that every situation that happens to you is necessary for your growth. There are no mistakes. Everything that you've been through, everything that you're going through, is absolutely necessary for your spiritual growth. If it does not look kosher to you, realize it's your mind reacting. It's your ego reacting. And the way to handle it, is to just observe. Do not get involved by arguing, fighting, trying to change things. Just observe. If you can observe without getting excited, then you've passed that test and you will not have to repeat it. But if you get angry, you get upset, you want to get even, you're always thinking about it, and you have hate and animosity, even though you move away from that situation, you will meet that situation again, and again, and again, until you learn not to react to it.”

Robert Adams

I think it's more than natural to react in certain ways to certain situations even though one know's things are meant to be as they are ..

When a loved one for example passes over, one naturally is upset, certain masters were inconsolable when their guru's / masters passed away ..

If one is meant to keep straight faced and show no emotion within life, then one is not living life .. One might as well be a robot, standing by as an observer to others suffering and not bat an eye lid .

There is no fat cigar for being the observer of life without being somewhat detached from it ..

I am wondering who on earth would simply observe the world's sufferings without feeling emotional ..

If they didn't sympathise and empathise with what is happening they wouldn't know what it is they are observing ..

One could be observing a child being abused and simply observe and not feel anything, not react to anything ..

Who on earth would simply observe this?

Would Robert Adams simply watch an intruder murder his wife and children without trying to protect them?

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 07:39 AM
Master

@ God-Like ...

The ego* (*association of consciousness with mind-body) reacts

Remove the ego and there is only the eternal witness. No reaction.

Tragedies around us happen. The evolved being attempts to engage in an aspect of love alone without stagnating by associating with the event. He cares but yet keeps flowing in acceptance.

Old 27-09-2019, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:

@ God-Like ...

The ego* (*association of consciousness with mind-body) reacts

Remove the ego and there is only the eternal witness. No reaction.

Tragedies around us happen. The evolved being attempts to engage in an aspect of love alone without stagnating by associating with the event. He cares but yet keeps flowing in acceptance.

Yes, the ego reacts in association to the belief of self. One believes that their wife and their children are being slaughtered .

You cannot simply observe this act without responding to it .

Are you saying Robert Adams would simply observe the slaughtering of his family without being emotional.

You see for one to observe something, there has to be ego present to know what is happening.

One has to self identify in order to make sense of what is happening.

You cannot remove the ego when one is observing life in these ways ..

What is it that one is observing while the ego is absent?

Please explain to me what Robert Adams would be observing in the example given, and where the ego is absent..

What would be transpiring through his eyes, what would be running through his mind?

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:

He cares but yet keeps flowing in acceptance.

When you say he cares, who cares? Robert Adams?

Robert Adams is reflected within self ego identity .

I thought the ego was absent?

You see this is why it doesn't add up ..

Acceptance is ego based also .. Do you see?

Who is in acceptance of the flow of life?

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 08:02 AM
Master

Responding vs associating (attachment) are different.

We defend ourselves as much as we are able. With vigour but not anger. Anger is the reaction, vigour is action.

Old 27-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Master
Quote:

Responding vs associating (attachment) are different.

We defend ourselves as much as we are able. With vigour but not anger. Anger is the reaction, vigour is action.

It's all ego ..

How can we defend ourselves without ego?

Who are we defending? Why are we defending?

Who is attacking? Why are they attacking?

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Master

If you read the Bhagawad Gita, you will note that at Krishna’s behest, the Pandavas fought to defend Dharma. They didn’t yield. Yet, the acts as ordained played out.

Not reacting is not the same as tamely surrendering.