Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-07-2019, 12:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Strange occurence while meditating??

So I am very new to meditating and awakening my kundalini.. I've only been practicing for about 1 month. I recently found that I'm meditating incorrectly I guess you could say. I started with being reclined and listening to binural beats and now just recline in silence. I have just found that being reclined is not a good way to practice, however a few days ago I had an occurence. I'm not sure whether I was in meditation or drifted off into sleep. What happened was something had a ahold of my arm and was putting tremendous pressure in my armpit area to a point where it felt painful. I remember trying my hardest to pull away from whatever it was that had ahold of me. I remember finally breaking free and suddenly coming to, or waking up. It felt very real and similar to dreaming of falling and waking up right before you hit the ground or being chased by a dog and everything seems in slow motion and you wake right before the dog reaches you.
Another strange thing that I remember is I was trying to meditate and I was in more of an upright position. I remember just starting to drift off and heard something or someone whisper "zero" as if next to my ear. I suddenly opened my eyes because i guess it sort of spook me. At the time of these occurances I was alone in silencewith only an AC unit running.....Is there any significance to this?
Old 11-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Master

It sounds as if you drifted into the hypnagogic state, the borderland between waking and sleep. Presumably listening to the binaural beats was putting you into an alpha or theta state.

The pulling of the arm may have been the beginning of an out-of-body experience, where some force was trying to pull your astral body out of the physical. Hearing random voices and sounds is typical of the hypnagogic state - these can be very loud, which can be strange in an otherwise quiet room.

These are not unusual events, but normally we just fall asleep without being consciously aware of the process. If you are serious about developing your meditation practice then you might want to sit upright on a cushion - you are less likely to drift off.

Peace.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:36 AM
Guide

I'm not sure that reclining is actually an incorrect posture for meditation. Sitting, lying, I've had people recommend whatever posture is comfortable AS LONG AS THE SPINE IS ALIGNED. Personally, I cannot maintain a cross-legged posture for long as it become quite painful. Therefore I usually sit on the floor with my back straight and my legs in front of me, bent at the knee or whatever else I have to do to prevent back and hip pain. Other times I meditate while lying down.

I agree with iamthat. It sounds like you were in that "fuzzy" area between awake and asleep. Nothing to really worry about, fortunately.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for the replies. So I'm assuming that when this happens again I should succumb to it and let it happen without fear of being harmed? I've been pondering the "dream" since it happened and try to remember more details but the pulling of the arm felt very real. I'm not entirely positive but if memory is correct the arms and hands of this being were of dark nature, sort of alien like in a sense and the pressure in my armpit i remember it was as if this being was pushing its finger into it very hard, hence why I felt pain. In that armpit i do have a cyst roughly about 2 - 2.5cm in size. Again not sure if there was any significance there....
Old 12-07-2019, 05:24 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightened_soul
So I am very new to meditating and awakening my kundalini.. I've only been practicing for about 1 month. I recently found that I'm meditating incorrectly I guess you could say. I started with being reclined and listening to binural beats and now just recline in silence. I have just found that being reclined is not a good way to practice, however a few days ago I had an occurence. I'm not sure whether I was in meditation or drifted off into sleep. What happened was something had a ahold of my arm and was putting tremendous pressure in my armpit area to a point where it felt painful. I remember trying my hardest to pull away from whatever it was that had ahold of me. I remember finally breaking free and suddenly coming to, or waking up. It felt very real and similar to dreaming of falling and waking up right before you hit the ground or being chased by a dog and everything seems in slow motion and you wake right before the dog reaches you.
Another strange thing that I remember is I was trying to meditate and I was in more of an upright position. I remember just starting to drift off and heard something or someone whisper "zero" as if next to my ear. I suddenly opened my eyes because i guess it sort of spook me. At the time of these occurances I was alone in silencewith only an AC unit running.....Is there any significance to this?

What came up for me with your description of someone pulling you at your armpit that you need to get checked by the doctor. Your lymph nodes in your armpits may be inflamed or something else. It is an impulse and I have found my impulses in this respect often have meaning. Just get it checked.

I don't know about the whisper, but I have had that before too, not that word but other words.
Old 18-08-2019, 01:18 PM

Hi Enlightened_soul. I have had similar experiences and I would say not to give in to them as they may be inhabitants of the etheric who are trying to attach themselves to you. I have found that when they attach they can cause illness so maybe one has caused the cyst in your armpit or at least been involed in it. Its good that you pulled away.

When I first encountered these beings I was frightened and would wake myself up to get away but over the years I have learned to get angry with them and maintain my own boundaries and yell at them to #&@#$ go away!!!! There may be better ways to deal with them such as asking for help from a higher being like Buddah or Christ but I haven't tried that method yet. We naturally pass through the etheric when we sleep and mediate but sometimes we seem to get stuck in it, maybe at times when we are feeling vulnerable in ourselves for some reason.
Old 18-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightened_soul

Meditate on love and bring positive vibes into your life. Amen
Old 19-08-2019, 06:00 AM
Knower

Brother,

What i can see in your messages is that you are concerned if those incidents hold any meaning or significance.
Since you have just started your journey, it is natural to freak out on incidents like these and search the internet for meaning as it gives self a boost that we are heading in the right direction or it gives some sense of achievement.

Through my expereince and journey. I would advice you to concentrate on your practice without being carried away by incidents like these. Your meditation styles will change and adjust to what you like during this journey and these experiences during meditation will be a new norm for you.

Just sit in your meditation without any thought or expecting some altered state of consciousness, these things will fade away.

Dont look up much on internet as if humans know what happens next, they become hallucinatory about the experiences. So dont do that, just experience this beautiful journey every day. There is alot that youll find in this journey.

Have patience, peace :)
Old 19-08-2019, 06:17 AM
Knower

And the fact that you are able to slow down your brain waves now and can drift in waking and sleeping states while being aware of your self is itself a big achievement.

Carry on. Good Luck :)
Old 21-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Pathfinder
I think you're falling into the "dreamy" state". Any voices or whatever is because you're probably in the hypnagogic state of sleep(transitions between waking and dreaming.

You don't want to fall asleep or you're missing the meditation. You want to be wide awake while somewhat drowsy. I wrote about these issues you're talking about in another thread here. Solutions For Losing Focus And Falling Asleep>>> http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=130802