Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-08-2019, 06:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you my dear.

I just need to keep on reminding myself that many (not all) on here have a learning disability or a physical disability which prevents them from being able to research anything online or to click links.

I should feel pity/compassion for those who are unable to read any more than a sentence because their brain then switches off and they go comatose.

I am so very grateful to God for my unlimited attention span because if there is anything I possess which other humans do not, it is this. I am able to concentrate on a single thing to the total exclusion of everything else for hours on end.

You were talking about hypnosis before. I can hypnotise myself, but nobody else can do it, but then I am in no state to give conscious suggestions to my subconscious mind.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kHkbm62g92o&t=46s

I don't think I need Mindfulness training, just a bit of Trataka and Nadi Shodhana.

That is, candle gazing and alternate nostril breathing.

I just wish I didn't have to spell every word out for others with a 10 second attention span...and this is what it REALLY all boils down to. It is a brain disease that most humans have now unfortunately.
Back in the Vedic times, we would call such people with extremely short attention spans "simple minded".

These people were not totally illiterate, but they couldn't focus on a single task or thought for more than a few minutes without becoming restless, agitated and disruptive.

It was pretty much the reason why all the philosophical, medical and scientific stuff was left to the Brahmin Caste because they were highly trained in focused attention and concentration since birth, while everyone else just got the parables and mythological stories, because that was all their mental capacity could focus on and allow them to understand for a short time.

In much the same way that an informative documentary may put someone to sleep after 5 minutes, but they can sit and watch The Hunger Games or The Sopranos on Netflix for hours.

You just need to understand when you are dealing with "simple minded people" and when you are not...and in regards, here is a webpage I just found..it is where David Frawley lives:

https://www.vedanet.com/

Here is where Christopher Wallis lives:

https://hareesh.org/

Surely you have better things to do than try and talk with people who can never understand you on a forum that has more to do with "Pop Spirituality" than anything deep and meaningful eh?

While Jesus Christ had the patience to speak in parables, you don't have his skillset.

You can thank me later.
Old 17-08-2019, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I don't get a sense of hate coming from your words Shivani Devi. Anger at times, yes, and who doesn't. But compassion and kindness towards others. You know the pain. God bless.
Really? That is interesting.

All that is coming from my words is "what the hell am I doing on this site?" I understand that I am better than this, yet I also understand that admitting to it shows arrogance.

So, call that what you will.
Old 17-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
All that is coming from my words is "what the hell am I doing on this site?" I understand that I am better than this, yet I also understand that admitting to it shows arrogance.

So, call that what you will.

Dear Shivani.

I love your honesty
in places where others do not.
Old 17-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yes, you are "Spiritual" like everyone else (by my definition), but also no 'more' than anyone else. What you say confirms my conclusion that you regard others' 'truths' (when they are different from yours) as just being what they personally 'want' them to be, and (narcissistically, it seems to me) believe that you on the other hand (unlike them!) are 'above' such mishigas and onto the 'real' thang!

Thank you for the clarification. I hope mine (my clarification) serves you as well. Albeit I suspect you will prefer to remain a hiding behind the skirts of David Watts double-talk 'reality-confuser' for the indefinite future. Good luck with that!
Your clarification serves as another reminder that I have no truck with anything you say at all. Here's a little tip for you, don't bother wasting your time typing what I'm not going to bother reading.
Old 17-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Your clarification serves as another reminder that I have no truck with anything you say at all. Here's a little tip for you, don't bother wasting your time typing what I'm not going to bother reading.
Oil and water don't 'mix', aye what? But please do leave some 'room' in your mind for the fact that I am talking to anyone who may be listening and interested 'in considering the implications of the 'view' I am sharing by way of two-stepping witchoo. Good to have 'opposing' views/aims/values/etc. 'championed' for all to 'see'. I appreciate your 'sportsmanship' (such as it is) in this regard.
Old 17-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I hope there are only friendly mosquitoes who have given up blood meals in my particular zone in the next world......

But beetles are welcome.

BACK TO MOSQUITOES...............

We as humans have more bacteria cells then human cells......''

Mosquitoes have bacteria, so when the mosquito dies, so does the bacteria.

Does that mean bacteria go to Heaven and do they go to Heaven at the same time with their host?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
BACK TO MOSQUITOES...............

We as humans have more bacteria cells then human cells......''

Mosquitoes have bacteria, so when the mosquito dies, so does the bacteria.

Does that mean bacteria go to Heaven and do they go to Heaven at the same time with their host?

Big John....you've got me thinking there....

Maybe they do...maybe they have their own "zone" out there. Maybe all that has been created is a fragment of the Divine?

I just hope I don't go to where they are
Old 17-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Master
Being we have more bacteria cells then Human cells, maybe we are 'bacteria'.

Scientist are trying to count how many virus cells we have in our body. There is the speculation our bodies may
contain more virus cells then bacteria cells. Our human cells, quantitatively, speaking may come in third place.

So are we a virus?

And if we go to Heaven, what about the bacteria and viruses that help make up who we are?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Big John....you've got me thinking there....

Maybe they do...maybe they have their own "zone" out there. Maybe all that has been created is a fragment of the Divine?

I just hope I don't go to where they are
What said at this link may not extrapolate in ways that apply to 'mosquito' etc. 'consciousness' - but, on the other hand it occurs to me that, if one's is imaginative enough at least, it might:

http://streamsofconsciousness.org/co...erial-part-11/
Old 17-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Master
If you remove all of the bacteria in a person,
would the person exist?

The answer is "NO".

We are in a symbiotic relationship with bacteria, viruses and possibly a few other things.

Now relate it to mosquitoes........

Bacteria makes up part of a mosquito........

As we have previously discussed, Buddha was once a monkey and quit a lot of other animals.....
and before each incarnation was residing in Heaven....

So I suspect mosquitoes also go to Heaven......