Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-01-2015, 11:21 PM
FollowBack

Problems with sleeping

I love my Higher Self, LOL and as it is my teacher it really guides me, so for a week or 2 I haven't slept normally. My mind is racing and I try to calm it down, but my better half LOL (Higher Self) as a lot of things in its mind what I must learn and look. I really appreciate it, but it seems to me like HS likes me to have night shift school with it, as I am the student and it is the teacher. LOL

So should I send a text message to it? Or pray for it?

Thanks
Its a serious topic. I really do have problems with sleeping.
Old 26-01-2015, 03:48 AM
karmasama

Good sleep is important, so honestly if your HS is bothering you at night, tell it to FO and to come back later... :)

Seriously though... I've always had problem with sleeping, since childhood. My mind could never stop. Brain just couldn't switch to the "sleep mode" like it should. I often could fall asleep only when totally exhausted, when my body just couldn't go on any longer.

As the result, I felt like s**t (sorry for the expression) the next day, and the vicious circle kept going on...

If this is a new thing to you, you could try some herbal supplements which enhance your sleep. There is passiflora, cammomile tea, or valerian root... Look it up.

For me though, I found out that the root of the problem was with a hormone disbalance. It's natural for people to sleep at night and be awake at day time. There is a hormone melatonine responsible for keeping this natural cycle - it makes you sleepy when it's dark. Supplementing this hormone helped me greatly. I can finally function like a normal human being. Sleep normally (and this may be unrelated, but I've started to have dreams every night since taking it, often very lucid).

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Old 26-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Master
Please excuse me but I kinda wouldn't blame my own Higher Self if it kept me up all night with chatter... I'd blame my lower self. Actually I'd blame nothing or no one and take responsibility and quiet my mind.

I can only hear Higher voices and feelings if I am quiet and calm.

Okay problem at hand. When I was still a big thinker and sleeping was problematic and I'd served the first need of actually being tired and still couldn't sleep because of an overactive mind I would keep one special idea or inspiration aside till I'd be ready to sleep and then after reading, which I've always done before sleep and in bed, I'd settle into a comfortable position and the finally let myself contemplate the idea or inspiration I'd kept aside.

And because I'd already been saving it somehow it already had boundaries and I could stop being sidetracked and know that idea had boundaries and what it was for... it was for being restful and lulling me into sleep.

If that didn't work and I was especially tired and overwrought I would imagine a deep and infinite space to look into and then breathe in the infiniteness and breathe out the idea, as form, of forming thoughts.
Old 26-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm having major issues with sleeping at the moment. I don't think it's my higher self, but related to my kundalini awakening. I keep seeing lights, figures, visions in my mind's eye and my ears are opening up again so I'm having clairaudience episodes. I had the same experiences once before when my kundalini was very active and it also stopped me sleeping. I don't know if this is the case for you, but I have found that focusing on spiritual energy intensifies it and leads to insommia, whereas grounding myself and shifting the focus to my earthly life can lessen the effects.

I agree with Mr Interesting though - if it's your mind whizzing around then it's your lower self consumed with thoughts rather than your higher self. And it's far more common.
Old 26-01-2015, 11:50 PM
FollowBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmasama
Good sleep is important, so honestly if your HS is bothering you at night, tell it to FO and to come back later... :)

Seriously though... I've always had problem with sleeping, since childhood. My mind could never stop. Brain just couldn't switch to the "sleep mode" like it should. I often could fall asleep only when totally exhausted, when my body just couldn't go on any longer.

As the result, I felt like s**t (sorry for the expression) the next day, and the vicious circle kept going on...

If this is a new thing to you, you could try some herbal supplements which enhance your sleep. There is passiflora, cammomile tea, or valerian root... Look it up.

For me though, I found out that the root of the problem was with a hormone disbalance. It's natural for people to sleep at night and be awake at day time. There is a hormone melatonine responsible for keeping this natural cycle - it makes you sleepy when it's dark. Supplementing this hormone helped me greatly. I can finally function like a normal human being. Sleep normally (and this may be unrelated, but I've started to have dreams every night since taking it, often very lucid).

Hope this helps. Cheers.

It definitely helps.
Thank you soo much!
Old 26-01-2015, 11:51 PM
FollowBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
Please excuse me but I kinda wouldn't blame my own Higher Self if it kept me up all night with chatter... I'd blame my lower self. Actually I'd blame nothing or no one and take responsibility and quiet my mind.

I can only hear Higher voices and feelings if I am quiet and calm.

Okay problem at hand. When I was still a big thinker and sleeping was problematic and I'd served the first need of actually being tired and still couldn't sleep because of an overactive mind I would keep one special idea or inspiration aside till I'd be ready to sleep and then after reading, which I've always done before sleep and in bed, I'd settle into a comfortable position and the finally let myself contemplate the idea or inspiration I'd kept aside.

And because I'd already been saving it somehow it already had boundaries and I could stop being sidetracked and know that idea had boundaries and what it was for... it was for being restful and lulling me into sleep.

If that didn't work and I was especially tired and overwrought I would imagine a deep and infinite space to look into and then breathe in the infiniteness and breathe out the idea, as form, of forming thoughts.

Thank you, Mr Interesting!
Old 26-01-2015, 11:52 PM
FollowBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I'm having major issues with sleeping at the moment. I don't think it's my higher self, but related to my kundalini awakening. I keep seeing lights, figures, visions in my mind's eye and my ears are opening up again so I'm having clairaudience episodes. I had the same experiences once before when my kundalini was very active and it also stopped me sleeping. I don't know if this is the case for you, but I have found that focusing on spiritual energy intensifies it and leads to insommia, whereas grounding myself and shifting the focus to my earthly life can lessen the effects.

I agree with Mr Interesting though - if it's your mind whizzing around then it's your lower self consumed with thoughts rather than your higher self. And it's far more common.

Maybe you are right.