Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
this is only one version of the meaning of the word, another is to make such a great change in the way one views/lives life, that they are resurrected or born again...it can occur without physical death...

As I read this post I had a question I've never thought of before. Here are two choices. Strict (religious) teaching is as Gina said. I happen to believe in conflict with own teaching the more proper resurrection occurs without physical death first or second time

But here are two choices that a person can can make, it becomes a matter of choosing one. It's said, as far as religions there are levels of teaching, one at the mass level and in inner circles another that teaches and clarifies what symbolism such things as resurrection means.

In regards to religious systems that teaches reincarnation for instance, are there also levels of teaching, one for the masses and one for the student. Does the institution of systems do this and are there also multiple level of teaching that symbolize different meaning of things like reincarnation.

Might the 3rd level also mean in truth reincarnation and resurrection are simply the same and that we make them different.
Old 24-02-2011, 07:19 PM
zytumi

No disrespect to AngelBreeze. You presented me with good topic to have to think about today.

These sort of arguments seem trivial and irrelevant to me because NO ONE KNOWS what really happens after we die. (Until they are dead) And then there seems to be a great deal of variety in what has been reported by people who have died and come back. We also find a large variety in stories of those who have communicated with the dead.

I believe that people adopt their vision of truth based on what they find comfort in, especially when they are confused and afraid. Most people don't admit this.

I have observed that some people find comfort in the belief of a God that forgives their short comings and only makes them suffer through the pain of life on earth once and then sets them up (no matter what they've done with their life) in glory and rest forever.

Other people like to think they will get another crack at improvement and that they will continue to grow in spiritual strength forever, maybe someday off earth. They prefer to take responsibly for their own short comings and see Karma as a good thing.

Or they create some hybrid of these two systems or use an alternative not mentioned in the article.

I found this article to have many factual errors and incorrect assumptions in it. The mistakes close the reader's mind to the message.

I do not understand why anyone uses the Bible to prove their point to unbelievers. Wouldn't it make sense to find your proof in a source that your audience accepts?

Perhaps it was written with the intent to save souls, but it did not feel very loving to me. Isn't learning to live on earth in a state of God like love the common thread of almost all beliefs?

When you want to show love you have to put yourself in the other persons shoes first and then instruct.

As Steven R Covey says, first understand, then teach.

Peace,
Zy
Old 24-02-2011, 08:33 PM
hippocratie

Quote:
resurrection occurs before death, reincarnation after...

Not exactly, the body has to die in order to be resurrected I think the term refers to the same body being brought back to life with the same soul where as reincarnation refers to a soul bouncing around from body to body.
Old 24-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippocratie
Not exactly, the body has to die in order to be resurrected I think the term refers to the same body being brought back to life with the same soul where as reincarnation refers to a soul bouncing around from body to body.
that is YOUR definition of the terms, not everyone agrees with you...such as a "born again" Christian...they arent literally born again, they consider themselves resurrected by the influence of the Holy Spirit...an actual resurrection, with the physical body dying, has never happened...i know that many will disagree, but not a one has ever had the theory proven to them either, they simply believe it has happened...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-02-2011, 11:13 PM
hippocratie

So are you saying that the Born Again Christians don't believe that Jesus died on the cross??
Old 24-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
So are you saying that the Born Again Christians don't believe that Jesus died on the cross??
not at all...not only do they believe he died on the cross, they also believe his physical body was resurrected afterwards...how on earth did you get the idea that i said they DONT believe he died on the cross? what i did say was that they have a strong belief that he was literally resurrected, and i completely disagree...we both have just as much evidence to support our views, which is none at all...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-02-2011, 11:20 PM
hippocratie

That's my defination, that's all!
Old 24-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Master
Quote:
That's my defination, that's all!
no problem~! i certainly dont insist that you change yours, but understand that mine includes other meanings not necessarily included in other's accepted definitions...
Rumi
Old 25-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Warm greetings to all!

It is actually belief in Resurrection, not reincarnation that counts in our present life and will surely count in our Afterlife!

For more information as to why this is, please go to the following page that fully explains it.

Thank you and have a very Blessed day!

The link was remoed from this post as it was a commercial or advertising link.
If there are any questions please feel free to contact Staff at SF.

Thanks

Staff SF

Commercial Links: These are currently not permitted at SF, however there are several grey areas such as links to forums with free ads, these are ok, and donation buttons are also ok. If you post a link for your forum please return the favour and post one for SF in return. If your forum/website or link sells anything including psychic readings and the like, please do not post it as it will be removed. Persistent posting of the same link will be treated as spamming, one warning will be sent and if it continues a probable ban may be imposed.

Advertising: Advertising is currently not permitted at SF, blatant advertising will result in a warning, and persistent advertising will be treated as spamming which will result in a permanent ban.
Old 27-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
that is YOUR definition of the terms... not everyone agrees with you...

Think about this particular statement in terms of understanding. You personalize what was said not liking it forgetting what is said has an origin.

Here is something you should see. These are not the words of the writer in that they come from a source. In fact you argue with that (the source). This individual is not the source. Remember, this person (like you probably) is not a teacher or an authority and we repeat our teachers and what authority says. Most of us don't believe or say things out of the blue, none of us have that talent. I'm sorry but there are just standard definitions.

The fact not everyone agrees isn't proof either but a matter of position. The analogy being born again is a comparison but as far as tradition is not the same thing and the image you have is more Gnostic and inclusive spiritually. Keep in mind you are talking about a very old idea and like all ideas we don't ever stray far from them. The question is is there one definition or many of them. What was the original intent of the word anyway, because remember religion was not at first concerned with saving souls and yes, this idea of the word is in the realm of religion.

I applaud you open the word to mean more but also consider you must open other words to such as God, Jesus, and so on. This can be a double edge sword. But I want to emphasize your focus is on the person and not the teaching and so are you saying the teaching is wrong.