Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 18-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Merlina

Question Divination is my passion! ... Learning About Talking Boards, the "Ouija"

Hi everyone!

My name is Merlina and I just joined this forum. I joined it specifically to use this sub-forum on divination. I'm a professional psychic and I love divination so much that I've delved into everything from the tarot to the Celtic Ogham and anything and everything in between. My favorite tools are oracle cards and pendulums.

Just a few days ago though, I was using my pendulum from my Truth Fairy Enchanted Pendulum & Magical Message Boards Kit by Monte Farmer and Amy Zerner. In the back it said in the biography that they've created dozens of kits. I was drawn to buy The Enchanted Spellboard. It is a, "talking board." I have used ouija boards in the past and had bad and scary experiences, but I decided to at least buy this and look at it before ruling out the concept.

It is very different! While it does have letters and numbers, it also has dozens of symbols! Prewritten words, zodiac signs, colors, gemstones, trees, the four directions, and enchantresses that each represent a different aspect. I think there are other symbols, but I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

I have actually been asking for symbolic answers vs. letters in my sessions because it's just so cool, and had I just wanted letters, I could have just bought a standard board for 1/3 of the price. I've always been able to use talking boards by myself by the way - the planchette moves just fine without me needing another person. I did end up buying another board just a little wile ago though, actually, that is in the traditional style, but it has fairies and angels on it.

So anyway, I found two ways to use it... Accessing the higher self by just using a pendulum with the board, or accessing outside energies by using the planchette/pointer. I also have my dog, who I call my, "psychic seeing-eye dog," lol. (Because it's obvious when he's looking at fairies or spirits that aren't visible to my eyes).

So far, I've had nothing but pleasant experiences with the board, but I'm still a little nervous. I was hoping for peoples' opinions on talking boards and whether or not they are really dangerous. If they are dangerous, but don't necessarily have to be, then I'm curious as to how to use it properly without attracting anything negative.

Yep... So that's the place I'm in right now, regarding divination. Please post a response if you have any thoughts on this issue at all!

Thank you and blessings to all <3

~Merlina~
Old 19-01-2015, 04:41 AM
Master

Hello Merlina,
Nice to meet you. As a professional psychic what kind of readings do you offer?

Re your question - you'll probably get 10 different answers from 10 different people about the Ouija or talking boards. For what it's worth, I'm of the opinion that when you use a Ouija board or talking board you open up a portal and it's possible that negative spirits/entities may come through whether you want them to or not and if you're not experienced in handling something of this nature it's possible that it can be dangerous.

If you want to use one of these boards always put protection around yourself when doing so.
Old 19-01-2015, 04:50 AM
Deactivated Account

I never hear good things about ouijas. Not an opinion, just what I know from people who have used them
Old 19-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Hello Merlina,
I'm of the opinion that when you use a Ouija board or talking board you open up a portal and it's possible that negative spirits/entities may come through whether you want them to or not and if you're not experienced in handling something of this nature it's possible that it can be dangerous.
If talking boards and ouija boards are the same, does that mean pendulums are dangerous as well. You ask pendulums questions so I imagine it would be the same sort of thing. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. What are your thoughts.
Old 19-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Merlina

I've come to the belief that the religious right and such has slapped a belief system about the dangers of demons which has become practically a wide-spread belief. When I first used a ouija board and I had just left the church, I expected demons and haunting, and that's what happened. With this board, I do not sensitive any negative entities, and frequently, I'm not sure if there's even an entity there or not - perhaps it's just my higher self. So anyway, what I've discovered is that if something looks ugly and frightening and you've heard scary story after scary story, you're going to bring that energy in. I haven't had any expectations of anything evil and have focused intently on the magical photots of fairies and butterflies. And things have gone totally well! So I think there's a real mind of matter thing here... I also pray first that no evil or negative thing would come into my presence, and I pray to Mary, Jesus and Archangel Michael and St. Father Padre Pio. I also cleanse the room with palo santo wood smoke before and after, too :)
Old 19-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
If talking boards and ouija boards are the same, does that mean pendulums are dangerous as well. You ask pendulums questions so I imagine it would be the same sort of thing. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. What are your thoughts.

This is an interesting question, I would like to hear opinions on it. I am not educated on this matter, so I can't comment. I almost feel the two ( the Oujia & Pendulum) are related almost. However, I am wondering if the ritual or the intent where you bless, clean and ask for protection weeds out negative energy, and brings in lighter entities in?

If we want to add layers into the question, It would almost seem like when we ask for signs. Who exaclty are we phoning when we ask for them
Old 20-01-2015, 06:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy

Pendulums work through the subconscious mind whereas Ouija boards invite spirits/entities to communicate with you. I've used a pendulum for many years and know other people who have also and never have I heard of anything negative happening with a pendulum. I don't know if there are people who have run into problems with a pendulum or but I kind of doubt it.

You can find out more about it here: www.crystalvaults.com/pendulum-guide
Old 20-01-2015, 06:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlina
I've come to the belief that the religious right and such has slapped a belief system about the dangers of demons which has become practically a wide-spread belief. When I first used a ouija board and I had just left the church, I expected demons and haunting, and that's what happened. With this board, I do not sensitive any negative entities, and frequently, I'm not sure if there's even an entity there or not - perhaps it's just my higher self. So anyway, what I've discovered is that if something looks ugly and frightening and you've heard scary story after scary story, you're going to bring that energy in. I haven't had any expectations of anything evil and have focused intently on the magical photots of fairies and butterflies. And things have gone totally well! So I think there's a real mind of matter thing here... I also pray first that no evil or negative thing would come into my presence, and I pray to Mary, Jesus and Archangel Michael and St. Father Padre Pio. I also cleanse the room with palo santo wood smoke before and after, too :)

Here in the physical plane there are "nice", helpful, positive people and there are negative, nasty people you wouldn't want to have anything to do with - well the astral planes are just the same - there are positive, helpful, loving beings/entities/spirits that will communicate in a helpful way and there are negative, nasty, evil entities/spirits that can come through the portal you open and cause havoc.

You say you don't sense any negative entities with this board - it's not the board that is evil or not, the board is just a piece of cardboard - it's what/who on the other side that you connect with that's important. Praying for protection and cleansing the room, as you are doing, is important - it does help.

However, the mind over matter idea only goes so far as you have to remember you ARE asking spirits/ancestors/entities who are on the other side to communicate with you - it's not just 'all in your head' sort of thing.
Old 20-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Master

Thank you Jenny Crow, that is good to hear.