Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
This thought resonates very strongly. This idea touches on many ideas and feeling I have myself. I would like to study it if there are any authors that have written about it. Does the idea come from any current belief system, if so, which one.

It's interesting though from my (own) direct experience I agree with the other POV in spite of antagonism which I take to be a distraction now. Strange before now I had no problem knowing what to do (observing).

My beliefs may have commonalities with some authors and belief systems, but I don't fully subscribe to any of them. The ideas I expose resulted mostly from my experiences in altered states of consciousness (mostly self-hypnosis), searching for answers to questions I was interested in.

I find most authors I've read, and belief systems I've read about, to be too Earth and humanity centric. In spite of that I keep reading a lot.

I know that in time I'll have to amend some of my current beliefs, as I did in the past.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Master
My beliefs are also subject to being amended, especially as my insights expand.
I do not believe that there is any right view or wrong view, as long as there is
no malice involved. We all expend our currency of life given what we may have
at any given moment.
Old 16-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
My beliefs are also subject to being amended, especially as my insights expand.
I do not believe that there is any right view or wrong view, as long as there is
no malice involved. We all expend our currency of life given what we may have
at any given moment.
It dawned on me that the "parallel universes / multiverse" theory refers to each person living in their own universe ... :)
Old 17-07-2018, 04:45 AM
Master
I can embrace that, because we all do have, on another level, a universe within us, and we all exist at various states within our own internal universe. On the outside, we do have sort of a shared reality, and I say “sort of,” because each person sees life according to their own orientation. An this might be a reflection of the various states, or universes, where we exist within ourselves. A possible, or probable, multi-verse, occupying the same space at the same time for each individual person. The sublime travels of our own specific consciousness. After all the here and now is multi-dimensional.
Old 17-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It dawned on me that the "parallel universes / multiverse" theory refers to each person living in their own universe ... :)

You know, this means there is a point one will disagree even with themself where that other version will not think like another version of self. What are the components of each truth?
Old 17-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Seeker
The Buddhist/Hindu idea (as far as I know) looks down upon reincarnation, as you are trying to escape the wheel by being increasingly "virtuous" in every life.

Of course when it come to reality, I think we need to determine how much of this tradition is true rather than just metaphor.

I.e reincarnation could be an actual thing but asking for a burden of proof over belief wouldn't be asking too much.
"The Godhead is never an object of it’s own knowledge. Just as a knife doesn’t cut itself, fire doesn’t burn itself, light doesn’t illumine itself. It’s always an endless mystery to itself." - Alan Watts

http://www.enlightenedpursuits.com
Old 17-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedPursuits
The Buddhist/Hindu idea (as far as I know) looks down upon reincarnation, as you are trying to escape the wheel by being increasingly "virtuous" in every life.

Of course when it come to reality, I think we need to determine how much of this tradition is true rather than just metaphor.

I.e reincarnation could be an actual thing but asking for a burden of proof over belief wouldn't be asking too much.

I believe in reincarnation because I was exposed to past-life regression therapy when I was studying transpersonal psychology, and also I acknowledge that nature recycles everything, and our biological body is a part of nature. Although, I often ponder what part of our consciousness reincarnates. Is it our ego, bearing in mind that ego is the only thing that makes us individuals. But I do concur that the goal is not reincarnation, rather the goal is liberation from the wheel of birth and death.
Old 17-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Master

We may not like to go to school, and we may wish to not attend a school anymore, but we need to acquire the necessary knowledge, graduate, and not be petulant children :)
Old 17-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Master
Time is like an arrow, the days and months fly by. In this world, youth is followed by old age.
We gradually return to the decay and extinction of death, leaving no trace or shadow. However,
since many want to be remembered, there are headstones, engravings, and legacies of remembrance.

Since everything here is impermanent, we should quickly find a refuge. But it is not enough to
believe in a refuge, we have to cultivate our refuge. If you believe but do not cultivate, it is like
talking about food but not eating it. Whether we benefit or not, depends on what we cultivate.

People often die young, but regardless whether you die young or old, the ghosts of impermanence
will pull on you, unless you cultivate stillness inside. A human being is part of the whole, experiencing
thoughts and feelings as something separate. But while everything is subjective, nothing is personal.

The life in all things emanates as a ray from the One Source; a Divine Unity. Separateness is a delusion.
Our existence on Earth is as a hologram following the normal curve. An no matter how long we live here
on Earth, it is as one day in the classroom of cosmic school. We are as a seed planted here on Earth,
bringing forth what fruit we may.

So the question may be; how many apples are in an apple seed?
Old 18-07-2018, 03:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyone
thank you. I don't know what you just said, but thank you or saying it : smile:

We are alive... Wow!!!

We made it

We are now!

It's a matter of relaxation...

Of the spirit now.

Take refuge in this deeper knowing.

Past lives...