Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 10-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Experiencer
My mum likes Salmon Fishing in the Yemen...if that even counts as a Spiritual film.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Mr Nobody

I reccomend the movie Mr Nobody it's brilliant and has so many different interpretations that you could watch it over and over.
Old 21-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Seeker

I'd recommend an Indian movie called 'Asoka'.

It is a biographical account of an ancient Indian King - Asoka who at a certain point ruled almost the entire land covering India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and parts of China.

However, after a very bloody battle, he gave up the violence and converted into Buddhism and went on to establish some of Buddhism's most prominent shrines in South Asia.
Old 23-02-2017, 06:28 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_Gypsy93
I reccomend the movie Mr Nobody it's brilliant and has so many different interpretations that you could watch it over and over.

Yes! Mr nobody is my all-time fav movie. Truly has a bit of everything. But mainly the most beautiful sci-fi-ish love story, scenery, cinematography, ect. Very similar to Cloud Atlas.
Old 24-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Guide
Sense8 is amazing...on Netflix

TV Series about a Soul cluster who is linked psychically to each other.
Absolute a masterpiece by the makers of the Matrix ...

Eight strangers around the globe find themselves connected -- first by a violent vision, then by their shared ability to connect with one another's thoughts and actions, and finally by the urgent need to find out what happened and why. Their need to know goes beyond simple curiosity -- as they pursue answers, a mysterious organization hunts them down, intent on destroying them. The intense thriller is the first foray into television (or, more accurately, Netflix) for renowned filmmakers Lana Wachowski and Lilly Wachowski ("The Matrix Reloaded"), who created the series with J. Michael Straczynski ("Thor"). The international cast includes veteran actors known to U.S. audiences, like Daryl Hannah ("Kill Bill") and Naveen Andrews ("Lost"), and others well-known in their home countries, like German actor Max Riemelt and Doona Bae of South Korea. In keeping with the global premise of the series, shooting takes place all over the world, including London, Reykjavik, Nairobi and Mumbai.
Old 25-02-2017, 03:08 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm glad to see there is a lot of love for Vincent Ward's "What Dreams May Come." This is one of my favourite movies, it is centred in the spirit and manages to express very well the idea that both we and this world is essentially mindful and spiritual. It draws on famous art and makes it live within a motion picture. Also the centre of the movie is a quest that makes it all feel very personal and real. I think Ward is a very under rated Director, his other movies are quite different but the Navigator, Map of the Human Heart and the Rain of Children are also well worth watching.

I think the documentary film on Yogananda "Awake" is very good, for the portrait on a very important modern spiritual figure, it dramatises it well and also shows what amazing determination the man had.

Polanski's "Jesus of Nazareth" is a very good telling of Jesus' story and I'll probably watch that every Easter and Christmas. I think we should find this a very inspiring story still.

I think all great works of human imagination are in a way spiritual. A movie like Miyazaki's "Howl's Moving Castle" which is a feat visually, but also delves into the human heart. I'm generally a fan of his movies particularly also Laputa, Ponyo and Princess Mononoke.

Another fantastic and original cartoon film is "Song of the Sea" (also Secret of Kells) it's got a strong mythological bent to it and is fascinatingly expressed.

I also the the Lord of the Rings does pretty well at visualising Tolkien, who obviously is one of the greatest 20th Century mythologises.
Old 21-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Knower

Will definitely watch What Dreams May Come
Old 24-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Experiencer

love love love what's you have recommended