Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Master
deleted..........double post
Old 12-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Master
Yes Lemex and I see now that Bartholomew means not to entertain the side of us that is selfish and judgmental and the many other lower levels of mind that can keep us from being free...
Old 04-03-2017, 07:04 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
Far too often in our searching we will seek a desired result directly, at the beginning of our quest, prematurely. What makes this a difficult method is that it constitutes using desire to achieve things which are contrary to desire. So often we end up going round in circles getting frustrated and wondering if any of this is real or even an interesting dream...

I'll try to make this short and to the point. What I will say is based on my own experiences and also from many, many years of listening to others. I ask those who may be offended by what I say to pardon me in advance.

Forget about chakras. Forget about kundalini. Don't fret over knowing your guide. The reason I say these things is not because there is nothing to be gained but because of what I claim in my first paragraph above. How much sense does it make to use emotional energies to discover the high realms? This sort of thing has been part of the human spiritual behavioural package for thousands of years. Yet who around us has gained anything? There's a better way.

If the goal is to know your guide. If you want to settle and adjust your chakras and if the final act of raising the dragon (kundalini) is what you strive for then go the the level of spirit wherein positive control is easily possible. This is the purpose and reason for the quiet meditation of the Buddha. It is an exercise in pure mind, not low desire based mind but the high mind of our souls. This is where our guides are.
-

Back to high meditation. The single purpose of learning to meditate properly is nothing to do with any below the solar plexus energies but with the mind. The advanced student is so not because she/he spent years meditating on the lower body centers but because he/she went higher in the beginning. This is what a Buddhist monk and nun learn as disciples. Their success is the reason that we find such comfort and solace in a temple. Learn what they know and carry with you wherever you go the strength which answers all questions.

Vote that this is a pinned post

Thanks.

shiningstars
Old 04-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Guide

I agree Shiningstars, it is a really informative post, full of wisdom.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:21 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
'The'??

You talk as if there is only one spiritual path. As people/beings are not all the same, their 'paths' are not all the same.

Don't get me wrong, meditation is an effective tool for spiritual advancement. However, it is not the 'best' tool for everyone especially at every stage of their development.

No brother. I do not speak of paths but of a good method of meditation. No matter our path when we learn to quiet our minds we are positioned to advance. Then, the details of our path can be implemented.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:32 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I think you mean the body and it's desires, not some lower form of self or entity. The mask of the body maybe.
James: Forgive the late reply. Bartholomew means the lower desires but they are not separated from lower mind. If we can manage to quiet our minds it is our lower mind which is quieted. In this condition our higher, soul, mind is now free to be dominant. Any meditation form which will result in this is worthwhile. If some ancillary method such as acupuncture is used all the better.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:34 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I think you mean the body and it's desires, not some lower form of self or entity. The mask of the body maybe.
Bartholomew: The lower self and the lower mind are one.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:45 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
Really feeling that post Bartholomew ,I have been through alot of drama and now coming out the other side is great, I have great connection with my base chakra and Mother Earth and her energies and this is very grounding for me, My third eye is functioning highly And has lots of little lights beside it also ,and my crown has several sections to it too,not only the very top but the fontanelle and back of head, Jesus is my one and only guide to my knowledge ,I am just starting to connect and feel my heart chakra, Lovely and the others will come as my situation improves or as I improve my situation, God bless .

I also like chanting ,visulisations,worship and affirmations to empower them.

Jesus, in addition to being the Son of God, is appointed by God to be the World Teacher. This is the everyday business of the Savior of the World. Jesus has never left the Earth. His return will only be to our open cognition. This is a title which is recognized by many spiritualist disciplines, mine included. It is not without reason that Jesus is so often depicted wearing a golden halo and with palms facing the listener. He uses His palm chakras to heal the world. Sort of like a blessing to any who would receive it. It is true that many American protestant denominations do not use these images but, images or no images, Jesus is much more engaged with the spiritual workings of humanity than many realize. There is nothing in mystical Christianity that is incompatible with essential Biblical beliefs.

Good post Brother...
Old 05-03-2017, 05:14 AM
Master
Quote:
No brother. I do not speak of paths but of a good method of meditation. No matter our path when we learn to quiet our minds we are positioned to advance. Then, the details of our path can be implemented.
You are correct, you do not speak of 'paths' rather you speak of a singular set of things one ought to do as per the title of this thread "The Spiritual Path".

To quote a few excerpts in support of this:
Quote:
Forget about chakras. Forget about kundalini. Don't fret over knowing your guide.
Quote:
True meditation
Quote:
The single best method
Quote:
The single purpose of learning to meditate properly is nothing to do with any below the solar plexus energies but with the mind.

As I said before, I am in general support of using meditation for spiritual pursuits. However, I am far from convinced that it is the best tool. Also I am not at all convinced that there is one best way to approach meditation. Further, there are many purposes and benefits to meditation not just the one you describe as the "single purpose".

I get your sincerity. Perhaps what you say is even accurate for you. However, I do not see how it can represent the truth for everyone. Spiritually speaking, humans are just not all the alike enough.
Old 05-03-2017, 05:49 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
You are correct, you do not speak of 'paths' rather you speak of a singular set of things one ought to do as per the title of this thread "The Spiritual Path".

To quote a few excerpts in support of this:

As I said before, I am in general support of using meditation for spiritual pursuits. However, I am far from convinced that it is the best tool. Also I am not at all convinced that there is one best way to approach meditation. Further, there are many purposes and benefits to meditation not just the one you describe as the "single purpose".

I get your sincerity. Perhaps what you say is even accurate for you. However, I do not see how it can represent the truth for everyone. Spiritually speaking, humans are just not all the alike enough.

You make some very good points. Thank you for your kind response.