Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

View Poll Results: Astral stuff
A replica of my physical form 3 50.00%
Awarness/single point of conciousness/formless 1 16.67%
It changes as need dictates 0 0%
Other 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Guide
Your form

I'm curious as to what folks like to travel as...so here's my poll, and some ideas, also if you'd like, discuss your favorite form and why...
Old 19-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Guide
Your form

I'm curious as to what folks like to travel as or what forms they take whilst in traveling...so here's my poll, and some ideas, also if you'd like, discuss your favorite form and why...
Old 19-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Master
Most people aren't going to know what form they are in UNLESS they look in a mirror in which case whatever form they "believe" they are in will likely appear, even if that form is merely an illusion. Astral projection is not as simple as my Human consciousness going inside of some dormant astral body that only lives while I am dreaming or projecting. Our astral body/bodies have previous/other extensions of our consciousness in alternate/parallel dimensions living in them as we speak. Through our dreams and projections we momentarily override those other extensions of consciousness and take over the body they live in. And so most of the time most people's appearance will be that of the other extension, they might just not be able to see that when looking in a mirror because they are not aware of what is actually going on. If you look in a mirror in the astral and don't understand that you're inside of a body that another extension of you lives in you're only going to see what you are capable of understanding and believe in, but that doesn't mean that is how you actually appear to others you encounter in the astral. It wasn't until I came to understand what is actually happening in our dreams and projections that I was able to see the image of these other extensions of consciousness while I was in their body. When I am experiencing the lives of these other extensions of consciousness the spirits I encounter recognize me as them and do not know that the consciousness running the body at that moment is different, not unless I do something to make it apparent. So this shows that our appearance naturally will be that of the body and not that of our mind.
Old 20-04-2014, 04:14 PM
mb6954

I've seen me before, when I decided to look into a mirror, I'm also obsessed with looking at my dream hands because there are so many fingers.

I looked pretty much the same except for maybe a slight difference but not much.

I was expecting something completely different after reading other peoples experiences but it wasn't much to write home about.
Old 20-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Guide
Thanks for your reply Astral Explorer, not sure what happened to that poll, but it was my first time playing with that. Oye vey!

Anyway...to what you've wrote, interesting points! I've also noticed similar.

I was just thinking how fun it is to play with focuses of perception whilst traveling, and thought maybe folks would like to talk about it as well. But as you stated, I guess people in general are still limited by their perceptions, access to various tools, or perhaps aren't so apt to experiment just yet, whatever the case, it's all well and good.

@mb6954, seems I was typing as you were. Thank you for your reply. Hey, it may not be much to write home about, but it's a neat experience nonetheless.
Old 21-04-2014, 02:31 AM
bitternight

When I astrally project I see myself above- gliding but not really flying- a vast grid of squares like you might see flying above farmland in an airplane. Each square represents something different- a different location. as I move and direct my focus to a place the square becomes more defined and as i enter into the square the world fills up around me as more detailed image of that location. My body does not look like my own but I'm probably an idealized form of the entity that I worship- sort of acting as an astronaut suit to protect my consciousness- however I experience it as an outside view of what is going or an aerial perspective even after my consciousness- 'lands' in a location. -- I hope that made sense.
Old 21-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Guide
Hi Bitternight,
Makes perfect sense. That's more of how I've ap'd, I'm curious if you've noticed similar things to I in regards to the difference of experiencing the over-head vs. more 1st degree(3rd person vs. 1st person).

Anyway, I suppose follow up question to ask, based on my initial poll, is have you(anyone) tried to play with your awareness? What I mean is akin to splitting your awareness between your physical body and astral body? Or take it even further...experience the form of say a furniture, idea, animal or concepts?

Ever feel what it's like to exist as timeless, spaceless and formlessness? I know I'm not the only one, :).

Oh, and the poll is private, and multiple answers are okay as well. Thanks all for participating.
Old 21-04-2014, 06:02 PM
bitternight

Quote:
Makes perfect sense. That's more of how I've ap'd, I'm curious if you've noticed similar things to I in regards to the difference of experiencing the over-head vs. more 1st degree(3rd person vs. 1st person).

-- I have noticed that at times that I've had out of body experiences I actually appear to be looking at my body in first person view rather than as a 3rd person. Just to put that out there.
Old 21-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Knower

I've had experiences of split awareness between my physical and astral body on several occasions. Normally when I used to sleep with my young daughter. On a few occasions when I had the feeling of being in my bedroom already astral in my bed, but also being elsewhere in the astral as well. I can't really explain it any better than that. It did feel exactly like a split consciousness where I knew what was going on in two places simultaneously. It wasn't something that happened purposely. It just happened. In all honesty it hasn't happened in a few years.
Old 21-04-2014, 07:05 PM
comforting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb6954
I've seen me before, when I decided to look into a mirror, I'm also obsessed with looking at my dream hands because there are so many fingers.

I looked pretty much the same except for maybe a slight difference but not much.

I was expecting something completely different after reading other peoples experiences but it wasn't much to write home about.

I get the same thing with my fingers sometimes theres loads on 1 hand and other times when i look at my hand melts in front of my eyes .... strange lol