Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 24-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Master
African and Native americans are connected to each other ?

Hi i'm girlsearching this is one the thread sections were i have never posted before. so i was just carious about our heritage in general i say our hertiage because my father who is a muslim who studies upon african history is teaching me that native amercians and africans one in the same meaning we are descendents from africa. now i know that some people may not be agree to this and also i know that the majority of african americans claim to have cherokee in them. witch i mean if they do than they do but not evey afican american has cherokee blood in them. they only say that because they are unaware of any other tribes. For example i have found out that i have Black Foot native in me witch i thought was cool. So i was wondering could anyone help me on this ? do you think that we share the same culture .? there is alot about my history that is kept from me and the public eye, our history did not start with a slave ship. It's important to find out the truth .
Old 24-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Suspended
Any American of 3rd or 4th generation or more, probably has some native blood in them.
Old 24-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Master
We were all natives at one time, in fact we are all natives as earthlings.
Old 24-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
We were all natives at one time, in fact we are all natives as earthlings.

really thats interesting.
Old 24-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Any American of 3rd or 4th generation or more, probably has some native blood in them.
so it depends on what generation you are born in.
Old 25-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Administrator

We are all one it doesnt matter where you come from .

Namaste
Old 25-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Suspended
I tend to agree with all the other posters here. Genetic heritage has nothing to do what culture system your part of. "Culture" is a learned thing.
Old 26-03-2013, 02:20 AM
Raven Poet

I agree that culture is learned. But I also believe in blood memory - that memories and knowledge of my bloodline ancestors live in me, as does everyone else's. Why else would I dream in Ojibwe? I never learned that language; racism and discrimination cut many Indigenous peoples of North america off from their culture. Why else would one's Spirit name evoke many memories not of this lifetime? Many of my people say the same thing about their Spirit names.

I also agree that everyone is Indigenous - and there are various theories about original homelands. Our Elders tell me that the Ojibwe were placed here on Turtle Island by Creator - this is our homeland. This is one of the ancient oral teachings that have survived since time immemorial.

I have not heard any teachings about Africans and the Anishinaabe of Turtle Island sharing lineage - but there are many, many different nations of North American Indigenous peoples, so maybe another nation has this teaching. It might be hard to find out "for sure", for there are hundreds of nations and communities. But it would make for very interesting research!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:40 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I really think that the main way they are really connected is that those are two different cultures who are still not being treated right in this day and age. However, their blood lineages are from two different places. The first Africans here were brought here as slaves and Native Americans were the first inhabitants of the United States long before white people ever set foot on U.S. soil. It is possible as time went on, more and more races mixed, but it never started out that way.

A particular example I can think of as far as a race that began with African and Indian roots are the cultures of Puerto Rico, Cuba, and possibly the Dominican Republic. I spoke to a guy from Cuba and he described the origin of Cuba as being similar to that of Puerto Rico and I believe he said the same about the Dominican republic.The people living there can trace their ancestry to Spain, Africa, and the Indians who lived on those islands long ago. Puerto Rican for example is a blend of African, Spanish, and Taino Indians and from what I have heard, Taino Indians......like Mayans or Aztecs have been said to have gone extinct. Some heritages exist today because of the intermingling of African, Indian, and other heritages, though.
Old 18-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I really think that the main way they are really connected is that those are two different cultures who are still not being treated right in this day and age. However, their blood lineages are from two different places. The first Africans here were brought here as slaves and Native Americans were the first inhabitants of the United States long before white people ever set foot on U.S. soil. It is possible as time went on, more and more races mixed, but it never started out that way.

A particular example I can think of as far as a race that began with African and Indian roots are the cultures of Puerto Rico, Cuba, and possibly the Dominican Republic. I spoke to a guy from Cuba and he described the origin of Cuba as being similar to that of Puerto Rico and I believe he said the same about the Dominican republic.The people living there can trace their ancestry to Spain, Africa, and the Indians who lived on those islands long ago. Puerto Rican for example is a blend of African, Spanish, and Taino Indians and from what I have heard, Taino Indians......like Mayans or Aztecs have been said to have gone extinct. Some heritages exist today because of the intermingling of African, Indian, and other heritages, though.

LadyImpreza1111 thank you for the in depth explination. I would love to oneday go to egypt and also travel to the pacific islands samoa and tonga as well. I like learning about were we come from. Someday i want to study antropolgy. I also think that Puerto ricans and Dominicans also have our bloodline in them as well. alot of african american history is unknown to us or is not taught in schools. They make it seem that africa was always this weak undeveloped place, and they live in huts.