Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 20-02-2013, 07:46 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envolucris
I made a progress video for it, which shows the process I went through. Not the most professional, but hey—it (kind of) worked in the end.

Now that was cool! I was impressed through-out the video and particularly pleased to see you using the Distortion map to apply the decal on the shirt! It's the details in what we do that are personally the most fun... we can share the final product, but it's hard to share the specifics of how we got there... that part is private, and unique to us individually, and is both the challenge and the reward for immersing ourselves into such creative endeavors! :^)

~~~~

And nicely done qwerty! I'm thinking I see a little photoshop in the image with the enchantress!? As I look over your drawings I sense the fun you must have felt while composing them... I enjoyed that! Thank you.... :^)
Old 22-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Pathfinder

Many thanks, StephenK! Yes, the enchantress pic was painted from scratch with photoshop... quite tedious, but it's fun
Old 22-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
And Envolucris, your stuff are really fascinating. Do you have an art website or something?

Thanks, qwerty. I do have site but I'm trying to keep a low profile on here. But, as a hint, there's a link in this thread that provides the information.

Quote:
I'm not much of an artist, but this is one of my favorite drawings - It also comes with a stupid short story (which actually amuses me to no end) if anyone would bother to read it.

Uh. I almost want to collaborate with you on this piece. The teeth. The teeth. It's one of the most surreal, unsettling and hilarious pieces of art I've seen in a while. LOVE IT. I think it requires some explanation.

And actually, I'm reminded of this crop of a larger painting I did for someone:

The original version had the flying pterosaurs:

Just combine that with the twisted nature of my last collaboration with a friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
... we can share the final product, but it's hard to share the specifics of how we got there... that part is private, and unique to us individually, and is both the challenge and the reward for immersing ourselves into such creative endeavors!

The funny part is, I did a lot of the work on the album art in front of a live audience. Ah, the beauty of the internet. Still, you're right, there's no way to completely share how a vision occurs, or the minute processes that carry the resulting art from A to B. Techniques are about all a person can hope to convey to others.

Thank you for the compliments! I might just have to use those to fuel my future projects (which are currently failing).
Old 23-02-2013, 03:49 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Thanks, qwerty. I do have site but I'm trying to keep a low profile on here. But, as a hint, there's a link in this thread that provides the information.
Wow... I can't believe you did Dimorphentomopterus volucris with a mouse! How can you question your talent? not should you even a little... you're at a place that I can only dream of! :^)
Old 23-02-2013, 05:52 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Wow... I can't believe you did Dimorphentomopterus volucris with a mouse! How can you question your talent? not should you even a little... you're at a place that I can only dream of! :^)

That goofy old "wing thing"? Man, that's an oldie! It's the only one I did with a mouse, based on a preliminary doodle. The rest are tablet, so I can't speak much for amazing talent there. I always feel like there are far more talented fellow artists, even if I know it's not constructive to compare.

I need to practice and experiment more to find my style. Right now I'm leaning toward spiritual surrealism, pop surrealism and some kind of faux tribal 'art brüt'. So, while I may not practice while I preach, I would suggest that approach to anyone.

Thank you tons for the boost though. I will let that motivate my endeavors tomorrow!
Old 24-02-2013, 04:23 PM
goldendragon

@ of my paintings

These are two of my paintings, done in watercolor and then pen and ink on top.
Please click on each painting to see them bigger, I just could not figure out how to get them on here already big like the other artists did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25391_109363919095685_100000662322746_126721_5947030_n.jpg (58.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg healing tree.jpg (71.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 24-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Shincarra

I love the art, Thanks to all the artist who posted here.
Old 24-02-2013, 06:19 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I always feel like there are far more talented fellow artists, even if I know it's not constructive to compare.

I really enjoyed the links that you posted! But not as much as I've enjoyed seeing where you are at specifically with your own talents...!

I understand the inclination to look into what others are doing and then to reflect on where you are at in relation to "their" proficiency... but that's not really relevant when you're exploring your own pathway... these artist were faced with their own challenges as well, and little piece by little piece they slowly found their own footing... what you're not seeing on these sites are the endless, less-perfected; sketches, technical explorations, and technique-fails, until they finally arrived at a place where such finished work is possible... each little technique that you can perfect on it's own, regardless of a finished end-product, is a win! This was something that I encountered over and over again on the several photoshop style forums that I played on for roughly three years (haven't done so in a while because I'm currently neck-deep in to exploring the emerging science in relation to general physical health :^). But while doing the photoshop stuff I continually strived for an end product, but such was far less important to me than the techniques that were explored within each en-devour. So much so that I got to where I could care less if I were to ever produce anything that was earth shattering, or laudable. It was the joy of the exploration that's become everything! That's were the magic is! Piece upon piece upon piece is how we build... seemingly millions of really small things weaving around each other, searching for harmony in relation to each other, all combining to birth a whole that is much stronger for the blend...!

So the "end" is just the culmination of a really fun organic process... and it's the place that I currently see you in relation to your talent that I find the most interesting, and not so much an specific end result....

I find that as we bond ourselves to the excitement of growth in relation to our evolving efforts as our most rewarding focus, then the rest, over time, will come naturally... :^)
Old 24-02-2013, 06:20 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendragon
These are two of my paintings, done in watercolor and then pen and ink on top.
Please click on each painting to see them bigger, I just could not figure out how to get them on here already big like the other artists did.

Those are great Goldendragon! Thanks for posting them! :^)
Old 24-02-2013, 08:16 PM
goldendragon

Thank you StephenK. I was sort of worried no one would notice them since they have to clicked on to see.