Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Burntfruit

Are you looking forward to death? yes or no?

Death is just going home.

Often we hear incarnation on earth to be like boarding schools.

This statement has various ramifications, such as we are here to learn, we have to follow the rules, we can be child like.

Do you get fed up of life, and yearn to be in the after realms, where there are no misunderstandings, you have the company of your eternal soul group, and can explore a beautiful environment.

Or do you love life, and want to live forever?
Old 01-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Deactivated Account
It depends. If there is still some light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my life then I'm not that much in a hurry to die. But if nothing special awaits me in life and I am just to remain enslaved to time itself then why should I even care about getting old and live long?
Old 01-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It depends. If there is still some light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my life then I'm not that much in a hurry to die. But if nothing special awaits me in life and I am just to remain enslaved to time itself then why should I even care about getting old and live long?

You sound like you are fed up, but you have a lingering hope that things may change for the better.

But generally you are misanthropic and don't really care that much.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
You sound like you are fed up, but you have a lingering hope that things may change for the better.

But generally you are misanthropic and don't really care that much.

You arent't wrong about that. But I hope you at least realise it may have it's good reasons though.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
You arent't wrong about that. But I hope you at least realise it may have it's good reasons though.

Its alright, I feel a similar way.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Master
NO.
When one has a family and children that need their support, whether it be moral or otherwise, they want to stick around for as loooong as possible and watch their buds blossom into the world.
I am in no hurry to leave! You hear me up there? Or down there? Hehe.

For now, this ( Earth) is what I call home and is where I want to be.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Master
With Jesus being the 'get out of jail free' card, its only a matter of time now, that i will be leaving this prison planet for a better and more adventurous existence on another planet, out there in Gods' Universe.

Cannot wait to die on this planet and leave hell for evermore.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Seeker

Everyone will go to death one day. This is a tough question you know. But in my opinion, I'm not ready yet because I can't imagine what will happen to all my love ones that seem to be most important to me right now. My answer is a big NO.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Master

The three score years and ten, that period which apparently is alloted to us as an average, is in my case well in the past. Maybe I've got another five minutes, five months or five years. I can't know. What I do know is that I'm lucky, I have no illnesses, no pains, no regrets. Unfortunately my wife died eight years ago so I've had to get along without a close companion - which, after 50 years of marriage takes a while to get used to.

Finding a new 'girlfriend' wasn't and isn't for me. No-one could replace the one who's gone.

Whether or not I go further after death (in some way) or not is all the same to me. I do actually have more than just a few reasons, due to my life experiences, to think that death isn't 'the end'. To ask whether I'm looking forward or not to dying isn't a good question. Because it depends. I certainly don't want to be the one remaining. Lots of my friends and neighbours are no longer around and nowadays almost every week brings another little reminder.

We all experience a little death each night when we drop off to sleep - and this doesn't cause us any worry. Could it be a symbol, this dropping off and awakening thousands of times during a lifetime to indicate how things are?
What I can say is that I've had a good life. A very good life. To be reborn and not to have an improvement upon that which went before would be a terrible shock.

So, if it is going to be a life not matching up to this one then I'd prefer to forgo it. An even better life would be welcome. A famous French philosopher said 'it's no more a miracle to be born twice than it is to be born once' - I tend to hold this as a truth - and hope that if I see those pearly gates open that I'll see green grass and sunshine.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The three score years and ten, that period which apparently is alloted to us as an average, is in my case well in the past. Maybe I've got another five minutes, five months or five years. I can't know. What I do know is that I'm lucky, I have no illnesses, no pains, no regrets. Unfortunately my wife died eight years ago so I've had to get along without a close companion - which, after 50 years of marriage takes a while to get used to.

Finding a new 'girlfriend' wasn't and isn't for me. No-one could replace the one who's gone.

Whether or not I go further after death (in some way) or not is all the same to me. I do actually have more than just a few reasons, due to my life experiences, to think that death isn't 'the end'. To ask whether I'm looking forward or not to dying isn't a good question. Because it depends. I certainly don't want to be the one remaining. Lots of my friends and neighbours are no longer around and nowadays almost every week brings another little reminder.

We all experience a little death each night when we drop off to sleep - and this doesn't cause us any worry. Could it be a symbol, this dropping off and awakening thousands of times during a lifetime to indicate how things are?
What I can say is that I've had a good life. A very good life. To be reborn and not to have an improvement upon that which went before would be a terrible shock.

So, if it is going to be a life not matching up to this one then I'd prefer to forgo it. An even better life would be welcome. A famous French philosopher said 'it's no more a miracle to be born twice than it is to be born once' - I tend to hold this as a truth - and hope that if I see those pearly gates open that I'll see green grass and sunshine.

If you have no pains or Illness' that's fantastic, but the best one of all is no regrets.
At 77 and an attitude like yours I'm sure you will be around alot longer. I wish you all the best of health for the future and continue to have no regrets,
Cheers!