Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 30-06-2019, 12:42 PM
Master
Exclamation The Divine Paradox

Namaste. Peace and blessings to all.

Over the past fortnight or so, I have been involved in about a dozen or so threads on here, all with a similar theme; "If I am God, or supposed to be the "I AM", why do I still suffer so? Why do I still feel so much compassion and empathy for others who ARE suffering, even though I cannot really help them and how unfair is that? Why hasn't my Kundalini risen yet after doing 2 hours of meditation every day for the past 10 years? Why is it that I still feel some sort of existential emptiness and loneliness even after realizing that there is no separation and we are all connected? Why won't anybody else listen to me when I describe methods to remove my conscious awareness from the integration of my spiritual energies? Does this all mean the sky is gonna fall?

Since forever, I have delighted in the play of Duality...in the separation of being, because it never left me with any unanswered questions and "who am I?" just became "I couldn't care less" however, I am still to work out if this is a real "ego death" or I just couldn't be bothered asking questions which have no answers...you could say, that I am really not the "koan type" even though meditation and mindfulness are both important to me and I practice them regularly. I had absolutely no interest in raising Kundalini or getting any siddhis...and that is possibly why all that eventuated.

The purpose of this thread (I don't usually start them either unless I have something very important to share) is to post a video. It is the only video I have ever seen which corresponds to my beliefs, experiences and viewpoints 100% regarding life, the universe and everything. Not many have been able to crack my shell, or at least being able to understand it whenever they tried.

So here, I share that video. It will only take 19 minutes of your time and I appreciate any feedback, critiques, criticism or what have you because in order for me to adapt and appreciate your views, in light of incorporation into a meaningful exchange of concepts, you need to understand what it is that I base my entire philosophy on first.

You Are Not God - The Divine Paradox
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AAHNxHgc8EI

Thank you for reading, watching, appreciating, helping and for any replies in advance.
Old 30-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Master
The Kybalion : The Divine paradox You Tube video

All analysis being paralysis arising from and processed by limitation of a thinker as a doer thinking or doing, the effortless shift of polarity with which our consciousness is endowed allows the personality to dissolve and pure presence to manifest employing intuition connected to Universal consciousness. Of course this cognition happens only in the now-continuum.

The becoming is a different road from thinking or hypothesising about the imagined blossoming.

The video is an excellent perspective prompting us to accept our immersion in duality on an as is where is basis, eventually steering towards the same view, being cessation of analysis and instead embracing Divine Love to imbibe, assimilate and transmit it and in fact become Love Itself. The use of the word ‘compassion’ as a higher aspect of the colourations of Love resonates well.

I’ve just downloaded ‘The Kybalion’ ... thanks to you so it’s early to comment upon it in a cursory manner. Wikipedia suggests it was ‘authored by William Walker Atkinson, either alone or with others, such as Paul Foster Case and Elias Gewurz’. The brief synopsis seems sensible. I’ll try to browse through the book over the next few days.

Old 30-06-2019, 07:47 PM
Master

Sorry that my take on that video isn't positive. I really feel that I wasted 20 minutes of my life (and now I'm wasting more, commenting ...). Both the premises and the rationalizations of that video's author proved his (understandable) limitations.

His belief isn't better, nor worse, than the beliefs he criticizes, and applying his perky judgement to his beliefs you can't conclude that his 20 minute video has served another purpose than collecting clicks, monetary donations, and stroking his ego of having followers.

Almost every time when I give another try to items on my ignore list I end up regretting it. Is it worth to look for the pearl in the heap of dong? It happens. That's why I've decided to comment here.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-06-2019, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
The Kybalion : The Divine paradox You Tube video

All analysis being paralysis arising from and processed by limitation of a thinker as a doer thinking or doing, the effortless shift of polarity with which our consciousness is endowed allows the personality to dissolve and pure presence to manifest employing intuition connected to Universal consciousness. Of course this cognition happens only in the now-continuum.

The becoming is a different road from thinking or hypothesising about the imagined blossoming.

The video is an excellent perspective prompting us to accept our immersion in duality on an as is where is basis, eventually steering towards the same view, being cessation of analysis and instead embracing Divine Love to imbibe, assimilate and transmit it and in fact become Love Itself. The use of the word ‘compassion’ as a higher aspect of the colourations of Love resonates well.

I’ve just downloaded ‘The Kybalion’ ... thanks to you so it’s early to comment upon it in a cursory manner. Wikipedia suggests it was ‘authored by William Walker Atkinson, either alone or with others, such as Paul Foster Case and Elias Gewurz’. The brief synopsis seems sensible. I’ll try to browse through the book over the next few days.

Yes, after watching that video, I have decided to place the Kybalion at the top of my study list. I have heard about it and about Hermeticism before, but I didn't understand enough about it to actually be interested in it, but now that I do, it makes a lot of sense to me...the time is right for the "deeper mysteries" it seems.

Even the comment "As Above, so Below" comes from it, which illustrates the sacred nature of Duality in its entirety, with "Above" and "Below" being the dual polarities, which then become mirrored in each other into Non-Duality, so that transcendence is incorporation rather than exclusion.

Thank you so much for your comments and I understand that Hermeticism is not a popular idea among the more contemporary New Age set who prefer to read stuff like Ekhart Tolle and therefore would not even understand any of this, but I am glad that you got something out of it.
Old 30-06-2019, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Sorry that my take on that video isn't positive. I really feel that I wasted 20 minutes of my life (and now I'm wasting more, commenting ...). Both the premises and the rationalizations of that video's author proved his (understandable) limitations.

His belief isn't better, nor worse, than the beliefs he criticizes, and applying his perky judgement to his beliefs you can't conclude that his 20 minute video has served another purpose than collecting clicks, monetary donations, and stroking his ego of having followers.

Almost every time when I give another try to items on my ignore list I end up regretting it. Is it worth to look for the pearl in the heap of dong? It happens. That's why I've decided to comment here.
I sincerely apologise for wasting your precious time, and if there was any way I could give that 20 minutes back to you, plus the time it also took you to comment here, I would. No doubt you must have very important things to do, rather than communicating with those whom you have deemed beneath you.

If you feel like wasting more of your precious time (and not that I would ever expect you to), could you possibly tell me which specific arguments you disagreed with and why? What did you think was incorrect about the subject matter? Other than basically saying that you didn't like the guy or the way the video was presented? Thus taking the Ad Hominem approach when critiquing the Hermetic philosophy contained therein based only upon this? May I request you to be more specific rather than general so we may be able to discuss it? Rather than your general comments about the video quality and the assumed motives of the presentation which does absolutely nothing for my spiritual edification here.

OR you could just go back to placing me on your ignore list so you don't regret your actions anymore - I am cool either way.

Thank you for also taking the time to reply and I should have mentioned at the outset that I would prefer serious critiques of content over a general hatred of the production and presentation of it because that doesn't get anybody anywhere.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 30-06-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:40 AM
Master
I started studying The Kybalion back in the 1970's and found it to be and excellent wealth of wisdom. I later began to see
the principles outlined in The Kybalion in everyday life. I learned that principles work through agencies onto conditions,
and this perspective still holds true for me today.

Below is a link to a free copy of The Kybalion. I highly recommend it.
http://www.yogebooks.com/english/atk...08kybalion.pdf

As far as the Divine Paradox is concerned, in my opinion, everything is a very powerful reflection, a dance of shadow
and light, and as with any reflection, like looking in the mirror, things appear in reverse or paradoxical.

It is said that we are created in God's image and likeness, and I interpret that to mean the creation is but and image,
a reflection, created in the mind of the All, while the likeness of the All is within everything that has been created.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream. “The lips of wisdom
are closed, except to the ears of understanding.” The Kybalion
Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I started studying The Kybalion back in the 1970's and found it to be and excellent wealth of wisdom. I later began to see
the principles outlined in The Kybalion in everyday life. I learned that principles work through agencies onto conditions,
and this perspective still holds true for me today.

Below is a link to a free copy of The Kybalion. I highly recommend it.
http://www.yogebooks.com/english/atk...08kybalion.pdf

As far as the Divine Paradox is concerned, in my opinion, everything is a very powerful reflection, a dance of shadow
and light, and as with any reflection, like looking in the mirror, things appear in reverse or paradoxical.

It is said that we are created in God's image and likeness, and I interpret that to mean the creation is but and image,
a reflection, created in the mind of the All, while the likeness of the All is within everything that has been created.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream. “The lips of wisdom
are closed, except to the ears of understanding.” The Kybalion
Thank you so much for your wise post and that enclosed link. I was going to look for it myself, however, seeing as how that version has been highly recommended by your kind self, that is the translation I shall go with here.

That final quote from the Kybalion is so poignant and timely, my friend.

Ever since the reply I made above your post, the only thing I could see when I looked within, is how the perfect example has been made in this thread according to the exact premise of that referred video...in that for some, the perception of Truth is always being clouded by a mixture of Emotional Biases, Cognitive Dissonance, Spiritual Arrogance and Selective Awareness.

Maybe some people feel very uncomfortable when they look in that mirror. If an emotional reaction to this thread says more about them than it does about me, then maybe having them place me on an 'ignore list' simply says that they are not ready yet to be able to process this because they are unwilling or unable to confront that space within themselves which makes them feel hostile and aggressive about it...but like I said, that is their problem, not mine.

It does, however, go to show why many (not all) people who consider themselves "spiritual" are beset with so many problems, like I outlined in my opening post.

As for your detailed analysis of God's Divine Image...yes, I truly agree with you. We are but a reflection of the Divine and we are OF God...containing the Divine Essence within the heart-space and nobody has the right to claim they ARE God...like Harry Potter claiming he is J.K. Rowling. I must say, I smiled at that analogy.

This is all in my own personal experience of course, which anybody is free to agree/disagree with, of course.

Where I start questioning the whole thing (and it happens to me very often) is when others say; "I totally disagree with you and you are so very wrong, but I am not obliged to give you an explanation as to why or to justify my position to you at all, so I won't, now get lost". What is THAT all about? I don't get this, so maybe somebody could please explain it to me, as to what that reaction says about ME and what lesson I may need to learn from it, because I don't understand. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. <3
Old 01-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Where I start questioning the whole thing (and it happens to me very often) is when others say; "I totally disagree with you and you are so very wrong, but I am not obliged to give you an explanation as to why or to justify my position to you at all, so I won't, now get lost". What is THAT all about? I don't get this, so maybe somebody could please explain it to me, as to what that reaction says about ME and what lesson I may need to learn from it, because I don't understand. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. <3

Dear One, I try to have as little expectations from others as possible, given how attached I may be at any given moment to what
others may say about me. keeping in mind that no matter what anyone says, whether it be positive or negative, they are talking
about themselves and what they stand under or understand, even if they are saying it about someone else.

There gets to be a point in spiritual development where things just pass right through you and you realize that nothing is personal.
We tend to think and feel that our lives are personal, but while life is highly subjective it is not personal. What others say about you
says more about them than it does you.

There is really no "right" or "wrong," there is only various stages of development, various stages of open-ness and close-ness.
What we give to each other is the work or lack of work that we have done on ourselves. How I receive what is given to me is also
about the work or lack of work I have done on myself. Giving and receiving may be garnets cut from the same clothe but
rejection is ill-received.

It is okay if others disagree with me, I do not feel the need to defend my truth. Since life is so highly subjective, the only thing
I really have to do is prove it to myself. This is one of the great mysteries of life; once a person has discovered the deeper
truths they can't accurately tell anyone about it, because it transcends words and thoughts.

Still, If I lift you up I lift myself up and if I put you down I do the same to me. Although it is important to learn how to surf the
waves and not get caught in them. This comes with trial and error. In my opinion human life is a training ground and if nothing
more, maybe this type of behavior is and opportunity for further learning. I have to protect my own inner peace and not allow
others to take that away from me. This too takes practice.

The closer I am to my center the more serenity I feel and the less people throwing hurt at me will have any effect on me.
All of the meditation I do is as and umbrella that keeps me dry should a thunderous rainstorm come along. In my opinion
it is all like and obstacle course testing our resolve to get, and stay, at our center.

Hang-in There My Sister
Old 01-07-2019, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Dear One, I try to have as little expectations from others as possible, given how attached I may be at any given moment to what
others may say about me. keeping in mind that no matter what anyone says, whether it be positive or negative, they are talking
about themselves and what they stand under or understand, even if they are saying it about someone else.

There gets to be a point in spiritual development where things just pass right through you and you realize that nothing is personal.
We tend to think and feel that our lives are personal, but while life is highly subjective it is not personal. What others say about you
says more about them than it does you.

There is really no "right" or "wrong," there is only various stages of development, various stages of open-ness and close-ness.
What we give to each other is the work or lack of work that we have done on ourselves. How I receive what is given to me is also
about the work or lack of work I have done on myself. Giving and receiving may be garnets cut from the same clothe but
rejection is ill-received.

It is okay if others disagree with me, I do not feel the need to defend my truth. Since life is so highly subjective, the only thing
I really have to do is prove it to myself. This is one of the great mysteries of life; once a person has discovered the deeper
truths they can't accurately tell anyone about it, because it transcends words and thoughts.

Still, If I lift you up I lift myself up and if I put you down I do the same to me. Although it is important to learn how to surf the
waves and not get caught in them. This comes with trial and error. In my opinion human life is a training ground and if nothing
more, maybe this type of behavior is and opportunity for further learning. I have to protect my own inner peace and not allow
others to take that away from me. This too takes practice.

The closer I am to my center the more serenity I feel and the less people throwing hurt at me will have any effect on me.
All of the meditation I do is as and umbrella that keeps me dry in a thunderous rainstorm. In my opinion it is all like and obstacle
course testing our resolve to get, and stay, at our center.

Hang-in There My Sister
Thank you my dear.

Upon introspective analysis, I am aware that it isn't really the case of myself expecting others to either agree or disagree with me..I feel that I am beyond approval-seeking, or courting favour.

I would just like to be able to have a logical, mature discussion as a matter of impartiality, like we both are sharing now and I can also share with quite a few others as well. I also like to understand and learn things...maybe adopt a different perspective myself, so when another says "you are wrong and I cannot be bothered telling you all the reasons why" all I can say is "why not?" I am open-minded if others would like to take the time to engage me in logical, adult discussion without harsh, unsubstantiated judgmental bias..but you are right, a lot of people may be totally incapable of doing so , which says more about them.

Of course I don't take it personally, there is no point when others are free to simply hate me for whatever reasons they may have..which, of course, is none of my business...however, I also observe that such detractors take delight in openly displaying it eg: "I could have just simply NOT wasted my time by merely refusing to post here at ALL, but I just did so to tell you why it is that I feel fully justified in placing you on my ignore list"..I mean not that I really care about that, but my rational mind does when it tries to reconcile this apparent and incongruous irrationality which does my head in every time.

Sort of like "of course I love you, but that does not mean that I have to like you"....and meanwhile, Shivani's brain implodes with an endless "what the f...?"

THIS is my problem.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:42 AM
Master

So far one third of the book read, it seems in sync with the essence of truth found elsewhere as well. Systematically presented. Offers clarity without beating around the bush.