Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-06-2019, 11:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon Altair

I like the idea of "big sleep" catching up on all the lost sleep thru all night parties, gaming etc

Can't see that happening, as they say, no rest for the wicked
Old 01-07-2019, 01:57 AM
Master
Most of the world's religions are built around concern for the so-called afterlife, and children are indoctrinated
in those religious concerns from a very young age.

Object permanence is and innate psychological feature of most human beings, now its' here and now its' not here.
When a child's pet dies they often ask where did my puppy go after they died, or where do goldfish go when they die, etc.
The other thing to consider is grieving after the loss of a loved one. There is and emotional connection that people usually
feel in the loss of a loved one that brings up feelings about that person still being with them, or that they will see that
person again in the afterlife.

In a world where everything is temporary there is a natural curiosity about where does everything go. This curiosity
not only includes the death of humans but also the death of all other living things, and the dramatic changes in nature.
Lots of people have a hard time accepting change, especially dramatic change; this fuels the curiosity of what's next.

It does not matter whether there is actually and afterlife or not, most religious and spiritual people believe that what
we do now, in this life, will have and effect on us once we leave this life. There are as many ideas about what comes
after human death as there are people on this Earth, and it seems most strive to make their idea the dominant idea.
This includes those who do not believe in and afterlife.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:56 AM
Knower

So what are your thoughts about the afterlife? Is it for real and not just a fairytale? Do we all experience it or just the ones who want to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Most of the world's religions are built around concern for the so-called afterlife, and children are indoctrinated
in those religious concerns from a very young age.

Object permanence is and innate psychological feature of most human beings, now its' here and now its' not here.
When a child's pet dies they often ask where did my puppy go after they died, or where do goldfish go when they die, etc.
The other thing to consider is grieving after the loss of a loved one. There is and emotional connection that people usually
feel in the loss of a loved one that brings up feelings about that person still being with them, or that they will see that
person again in the afterlife.

In a world where everything is temporary there is a natural curiosity about where does everything go. This curiosity
not only includes the death of humans but also the death of all other living things, and the dramatic changes in nature.
Lots of people have a hard time accepting change, especially dramatic change; this fuels the curiosity of what's next.

It does not matter whether there is actually and afterlife or not, most religious and spiritual people believe that what
we do now, in this life, will have and effect on us once we leave this life. There are as many ideas about what comes
after human death as there are people on this Earth, and it seems most strive to make their idea the dominant idea.
This includes those who do not believe in and afterlife.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
So what are your thoughts about the afterlife? Is it for real and not just a fairytale? Do we all experience it or just the ones who want to?

Any thoughts I may have about the so-called "afterlife" are irrelevant to the actual experience of my human death.
Death does not care what I think about it or the transition it impose on all living things.

I believe that life is a continuation in one form or another, and I am open to that continuation as I know that billions
of humans have died before me and billions will die after my death. I do not need to know the details.

I have seen hundreds of people die and have helped many die, as a U.S. Army combat medic, and later working in the
civilian medical field. The one thing about helping a person die, or helping them to let go of this human life, is to assist
them in staying in the moment.

Don't anticipate or have any expectations. Practice living in the meoment now and at the time of human death stay in
the moment and embrace the transition as it is taking place. When it is time to go its' time to go regardless of our
philosophy.

It comes over people like a deep sleep engulfing a very tired person, and it takes them. Some die with a smile on their
face while others die in great fear and anguish. There is for most and expectation, but if there is and expectation then
they are not steadfast in the moment.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:32 AM
Knower

Thank you for your response.
May I send you a PM please?

Quote:
Any thoughts I may have about the so-called "afterlife" are irrelevant to the actual experience of my human death.
Death does not care what I think about it or the transition it impose on all living things.

I believe that life is a continuation in one form or another, and I am open to that continuation as I know that billions
of humans have died before me and billions will die after my death. I do not need to know the details.

I have seen hundreds of people die and have helped many die, as a U.S. Army combat medic, and later working in the
civilian medical field. The one thing about helping a person die, or helping them to let go of this human life, is to assist
them in staying in the moment.

Don't anticipate or have any expectations. Practice living in the meoment now and at the time of human death stay in
the moment and embrace the transition as it is taking place. When it is time to go its' time to go regardless of our
philosophy.

It comes over people like a deep sleep engulfing a very tired person, and it takes them. Some die with a smile on their
face while others die in great fear and anguish. There is for most and expectation, but if there is and expectation then
Old 01-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
Thank you for your response.
May I send you a PM please?
For the next couple of weeks or so I am out in the boondocks camping in my RV, moving from one remote
location in the great outdoors to another, and my internet access is spotty at best, so I am not reliably online.
That is why I disable my pm feature at SF.

Also I feel it would be of greater benefit to post in the general population forums, that others may read or
contribute to any query as they please. Else I may not be available to answer a pm for days or weeks.

As I am retired and go camping just about every month somewhere in the great outdoors of North America,
often without internet access, a wifi or t.v. signal. I consider it and excellent opportunity for me to just be
absorbed by nature.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 23-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Strangerthanfiction

For me its one of my interests to read about spirituality and discuss spiritual topics with others. I also follow different spiritual youtube channels. To know what the afterlife is like is important to me so that i can feel peace of mind. Also one reason why people worry about ceasing to exist is that they love being aware. I do too. If i had to choose between ceasing to exist or exist for all eternity in a small room i would choose to exist for all eternity in a small room. No way i'm leaving my consciousness behind. I could meditate in that room and think about spiritual and existential questions. If i'm lucky i get notebooks and a pen to write down my theories. If i'm more lucky i also get electricity and technology too.
Old 23-08-2019, 09:18 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:

This makes me think of something. When we go to sleep we get more and more tired and then we feel the deep sleep engulfing us. Like you said, the feeling dying people get is the feeling of a deep sleep engulfing them as they are tired. This could mean dying people go to the same place that those who are sleeping goes too. This is what i believe. Both go to the same place. Not saying this is always the case though. But i think this is often what happens. In other words we could say those who dream goes to the spirit world several times at night. I have believed for long time that people astral travel to the spirit world when they sleep. Interesting... this make me more curious.
Old 23-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Master

Indeed. For most of us, what happens between falling asleep and waking up the next morning is a mystery because we have not developed continuity of consciousness. We may have all sorts of astral adventures while the physical body sleeps, but we cannot usually bring these memories back to everyday waking consciousness.

When we die I suspect that most of us are fully conscious during the process, even if we don't know what is happening or what will happen next. Although some of us will recognise the familiarity of death and immediately adapt to our new environment. Others who are less developed may become unconscious, either because they lack the faculties to function astrally with full consciousness or they are so convinced that consciousness ends at physical death that this will be their reality.

But yes, we can consider sleep as a rehearsal for death.

Peace
Old 24-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Knower

Sat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I've never really understood the concern or obsession people have with this thing called ''the afterlife''..? Many people seem bothered with it and wonder what the afterlife must be like, or whether it exists at all. Is it the fear of death and the unknown..?

If you cease to exist then there's nothing to worry about. If you live on then there's also nothing to worry about. You're responsible for your own actions so all you can do is improve yourself and own the decisions you make..

Then there's perhaps this fascination with ''other worlds'', as if this world doesn't provide enough satisfaction and fascination. We have astronomy, we have our own Earth with loads of different natural ecosystems and human cultures, we even have video games with fantastical places. There's basically no reason to worry over or fantasize much about the afterlife because we live now and there's enough to be enamoured by in the moment. People love to imagine something greater, not pausing and appreciating what has been given.

Am I the only one who's thinking along these lines?
The afterlife is sort of irrelevant and unimportant. We live only now.

You continue your journey and go to where you must go for your further evolution.