Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 18-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
So me taking care of myself is selfish?
Me learning to love myself is selfish?
Me improving myself is selfish?
Me becoming better to better help others is selfish?
I'm seeing what your getting at. but are you seeing how you viewing another improving them self as being selfish. is in itself selfish.

How can anyone truly love another if they don't first love them self.

If you love yourself why would you need to improve? In the context of the quote if everyone is in "self" then how can they have empathy as it is all about how "they" feel in any moment or situation.

Self confidence can be earned, that's valid but being self confident because you have come to believe that you cannot make an error is arrogant.

People have to compromise - "I want all of the turkey" means that if two people want the same turkey there will be a fight.

Compromise is sharing - selfless is giving the turkey away even though you want it.

Who is filling peoples heads with this greed is good ideology?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
I have no idea Osho is but I wonder if S/he was a long term single? I feel that the idea would be attractive to those that are single too. I can see why this would be important after a bad relationship/s.

Badcopy just because I'm in a relationship doesnt mean I havent been through hard times. Together we have been through the good and the bad and grown stronger together. Even in our joint birth charts it is suggested that being together will bring about difficult times in our lives.

Honestly if it wasn't for my partner I wouldn't be here writing this now. I would have probably given up :-( he gave me strength when for once in my life I could no longer be the strong one.

As I said.. Some believe that dark is required to appreciate light.

No one is arguing this. Or your path?
I'm curious as to why this quote is making you feel as though the author didn't know love? or wasn't in a relationship? Maybe you should do some research on the guy your trying to belittle in order to make your current understanding less threatened.
Old 18-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose

Aw Badcopy :-( without compromise there is no relationship, just two people at war with each other.

I'll reply to you and king here.

The child should be taught that he doesn't need the others possessions as there is enough for all. He should be taught he has all he needs already and that taking another's will not result in him feeling better?
Old 18-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
If you love yourself why would you need to improve? In the context of the quote if everyone is in "self" then how can they have empathy as it is all about how "they" feel in any moment or situation.

Self confidence can be earned, that's valid but being self confident because you have come to believe that you cannot make an error is arrogant.

People have to compromise - "I want all of the turkey" means that if two people want the same turkey there will be a fight.

Compromise is sharing - selfless is giving the turkey away even though you want it.

Who is filling peoples heads with this greed is good ideology?

Why is there need for empathy if all of humanity loved self?

One person needing the whole turkey is selfish? one that feels the need to own everything is not loving self.

this boils down to loving self. you're trying to spin his words and so far you're bring up scenarios where both parties do not love self. to find flaw pleas create a scenario where both parties need to compromise when they love self?
Old 18-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
As I said.. Some believe that dark is required to appreciate light.

No one is arguing this. Or your path?
I'm curious as to why this quote is making you feel as though the author didn't know love? or wasn't in a relationship? Maybe you should do some research on the guy your trying to belittle in order to make your current understanding less threatened.

Nobody is threatened - he's dead.

If someone is considering following the sex guru because they think that the quote is profound & might lead them to "love" it is only right to point out that perhaps he has another agenda besides "love".

If I wrote a quote supposedly about birds but describing a fish pointing it out would be a reasonable thing to do.

I made my assessment on what he said & THEN I researched the guy & found out that he is known as "the sex guru" & promoted free love. It doesn't make him a bad guy but he isn't describing love just orgies.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
No wonder the "self" people all fight with me - they all want theirs without giving any in return.

The "self" people fight with you because you fight with you.
You are constantly at odds with yourself and you keep running from what you need to learn. you need to learn to accept yourself. once you do, you will accept others. right now you do not accept others. this shows by your need to correct everything to your way of thinking. to bring everyone down or up to your level of thought.

Some people need to learn the wrong way in order to recognize that it was wrong. so let them learn.
Old 18-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account

My perception of the quote, the way I perceived it, is growth from pain. Self realization. Either you identify with the quote or not, no need to argue. That is why it is important to stick to the original post. It was a shared quote.

To add, you can't condition a person to to your own liking, certainly not their own self awareness. We would get threads shut down every day if this occurred. So let's do a temporary cool down and let's not have a repeat of yesterday were a popular thread was shut down. I like to read a sound and instrumental discussion that various in opinions offering mutual respect, not a one sided heated debate. This is not what the forum is about