Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Zaranais

Basic Questions

Hi All,

I've just recently developed a curiosity about channeling. I've always been aware of its existence - I've particularly enjoyed the Abraham material - but I've never really seriously questioned it until now. It seems I have recently been led to take an interest, for some reason.

So I am just finishing up the "Seth Speaks" book, which seemed a good place to start. I find it quite interesting and most, but not all, of it seems reasonable. I've also been searching online and here I've gotten rather confused.

One example: On just one page of "Channeling Links" that I've been working through I have found people who claim to channel angels, beings from other dimensions, non-physical entities that used to be physical (umm .. dead people?,) Ascended Masters (these used to be physical too, I guess?,) lots of aliens, "soul groups," one guy channels Jesus, another person has Mary, a couple of people are channeling their "higher selves" ...

Soooo .... my first question would be just how is one sure of just who one is channeling? Do you simply take their word for it or is their some sort of proof that you get somehow?

My second question concerns the messages received. I've been perusing many of these. While there does seem to be some commonalities in *most* of the messages, there are some striking differences, particularly when you get into cosmology and world affairs. For example, while some entities are telling me that, basically, all is God and God is love and evil does not exist, other entities are telling me I better watch out for demonic spirits and reptiles from other planets ... or dimensions.

How do you verify the validity of the message you receive? And how does one choose between all of these conflicting stories? I tend to go with my gut, so to speak, and what "feels" right to me but, of course, I would not want to be caught unawares by those reptile guys.

I tend to joke, but I am seriously trying to get my head around all of this. Any thoughts on the matter from those more experienced in this area would be much appreciated.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 AM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaranais
Soooo .... my first question would be just how is one sure of just who one is channeling? Do you simply take their word for it or is their some sort of proof that you get somehow?
My 2nd teacher after abraham was bashar.. and he has all the "advanced" answered I wanted that abraham just doesn't offer.. (abraham does but it's rare)

First off having studied abraham you should know to use the Emotional Guidance System..

But some pieces that abraham doesn't discuss and bashar does is this.. all emotion according to bashar is.. the same energy.. you heard it! Sad, Happy, Glad, Joy, Hate all the same energy!

It runs through the different belief filters that how get's you the emotion of sad, happy etc.

Abraham basically says.. "Your emotional guidance system is your true north" from that you can ascertain all your truths.. and when you feel negative that's when you know your out of alignment with your truth.. that is what they teach in a nutshell! (I do believe )

So the key really is.. because you have all these beliefs/layers to the onion if you will about "how you feel about this" and that is to use discernment to go with what resonates..

If you read 99% of abraham and then said (which they do).. "death isn't a bad thing.. we like to call it croaking to lighten it up some" and you disagreed with this.. felt bad here with this information.. even got ANGRY/MAD hearing it..

Than you could take it 1 of 2 ways.. you could just say I'm not going to use this piece I loved this book 99.9% but this .01% I don't agree with.. or you could say.. hmm.. I have a negative feeling about this.. I wonder if that's something I should look at.. maybe, make a correction (this idea is from bashar's teaching)

But a common denominator is.. most people will read something that is brilliant.. like say reading the bible and then invalidate the whole thing.. saying it's all lies based on this one thing..

Hell, I did that.. the first time I ran into abraham was in the summer of 2006 and I did some study work on them.. checked out there site and they authored a book or movie called "what happens to pets after they die"

Something like that.. that book had me invalidate anything they had to say.. I refused to hear it.. because at the time it sounded like a religous dogma kind of thing..

Only when I saw abraham-esther in the secret did I even look at their books/ideas (and I didn't even remember I had visited them before till later)
Quote:
-------- going to answer again..

In all my study of teachers.. bashar is the only who has offered a idea of validating all truths.. this simple idea is he says that multiple realities are real, everything in the imagination is real.. somewhere, somehow (those are the words he uses) he says that we have a choice of 3-10 new realities every second and were constantly plowing into them.. and he says "all truths are true"

In this idea I believe he's saying.. that it doesn't matter who you channel because we are 100 billion entities to the 100th power (bashar offers the idea that we are all the same being.. he says quote "the 2nd law for all realities that we've found is.. the one are all, the all are one") and he's saying even when you tell a lie.. your lie is created as truth in another reality!

These are the ideas I've learned from bashar.. if you’re not aware, tons and tons of abraham material is available on youtube and some bashar material is also available on youtube.. if you were to just look at a few of his ideas here is 2 clips/lectures/movies I'd strongly recommend..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNsh4IPs2mc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpcyPGwS5t4
Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 AM
themaster

Quote:
Do you simply take their word for it or is there some sort of proof that you get somehow?
I have given you a simple understanding of how to validate all peoples truths.. in this way you could say that all are telling the truth and there are no liars..

Can you imagine the concept of someone lying to you.. yet, still telling you the truth?

That is what these/theories ideas can do.. if we could remove our distrust of ourselves and others.. (since all are us) moving into that vibration/idea really changes the world.. because we really do have some serious "Distrust" issues..

That's ones bad.. he tells lies and obviously is a manipulative leader out for his own personal gain!

What I'm saying is.. if we can remove the doubt, the lies we try to judge from other peoples spaces.. we are moving into a more freeing vibration.. this is just what I've learned in my study of new age now.. about 3-4 years old
Quote:
Do you simply take their word for it or is their some sort of proof that you get somehow?
You see from my perspective.. to answer your question.. there are no liars.. everyone tells the truth even when there definitely lying!! and if you'd just use those tools of the Emotional Guidance System or a little discernment, you'd be well on your way..
Quote:
My second question concerns the messages received. I've been perusing many of these. While there does seem to be some commonalities in *most* of the messages, there are some striking differences, particularly when you get into cosmology and world affairs. For example, while some entities are telling me that, basically, all is God and God is love and evil does not exist, other entities are telling me I better watch out for demonic spirits and reptiles from other planets ... or dimensions.
Your resonator my friend is working quite well.. use what works.. use what resonates..

Discard the fear based messages.. I can hear you repeat them and.. I can see why your confused though.. you are obviously trying to "validate"

If you do a search, as I've done one.. the best channels tell you just what I said.. use what works, use what resonates..

Where do you think I got this information?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:10 AM
themaster

Quote:
How do you verify the validity of the message you receive? And how does one choose between all of these conflicting stories? I tend to go with my gut, so to speak, and what "feels" right to me but, of course, I would not want to be caught unawares by those reptile guys.
All message are true.. that's what I was taught.. that's what I believe.. reallly!

There is a reality where Jesus didn't die on the cross, there is a reality where aliens gave us "nuclear bomb technology" there is a reality many times where we destroyed ourselves with "nuclear fire" (bashar has mentioned this )

There is a reality according to bashar where "matter is transmutable" and in one channel/lecture he said.. there was a fork stuck in the channels head..

Sometimes it's been quite hard for me and my EGO to wrap around our heads that multiples realities exist and all paths are taken.. but that's my understanding.. ironically, our scientists also have such a theory..

(it's gotten easier.. multiple reality theory for me.. don't know why?? it just has.. it could be because I'm in a "new age" experiment)
Quote:
I tend to joke, but I am seriously trying to get my head around all of this. Any thoughts on the matter from those more experienced in this area would be much appreciated.
I hope this helps.. you don't need to take my word for it.. feel free to study my teachers..

So you know my progression into new age and these ideas..

Abraham December 2006 to about 2008

Bashar 2008 to about present

Jim Self (methods teacher) october 2009 to present and scheduled till 2013 at least

Sorry, to stack so much information on you.. but you are getting 3-4 years of study translated into just a few paragraphs.. brilliant isn’t it? And a “permission slip” it is
Old 05-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Zaranais

Wow, themaster, thank you so much for your detailed and thoughtful reply! This is exactly why I joined this site, in order to get good discussions like this. I don't know anyone in my day to day life with any interest in these matters (at least that they'll admit to having.)

Odd (or not so odd) that you mentioned the multiple reality concept, as that is something I've come across and been pondering lately. I believe Seth teaches something very similar. Actually, I've had this image in my head lately which is hard to describe - kind of like this mechanical deck of cards that I can shift back and forth and sideways - each "card" containing a different possible reality for a given situation and I can *choose* which of these cards I want to experience. I have even altered some of my affirmations to reflect this image - for example, instead of saying something like "Joy surrounds me" I am saying "I choose joy" - the concept being that there are other possibilities available but this is the one I am focusing on. Does that make sense?

I have discovered the Bashar site on my googling excursions - in fact this is one of the sites I've bookmarked. I've not gone through much of the material as of yet but I liked what I've read so far. Yesterday I also came across one called Kryon that had some interesting takes on things. And there are a few others I have liked.

Yes, I do understand about the emotional guidance system - that's really what I meant about following how I "feel" about something. There are some things that just completely repel me and I can't even stomach reading anything by that particular source. However, others I might not feel that every word is valid - at least not valid for me - but enough resonates that I make use of it. I *have* had a hard time with certain language in the past - for example, basically anything presented in Christian terms I stopped reading pretty quickly, but I seem to be moving beyond that block now and am better able to look beyond the symbols to the message underneath.

It may be, I suppose, that even these "higher beings" (and I really don't like the higher/lower designations as that always implies better/worse which I don't think is the case) are still subject to their own personal interpretations and preferences, since they are also getting their knowledge from another source "higher" than themselves. And then there is the issue of translating everything into human language. So I would expect not every detail to be perfect. Add to that, as you said, the various realities that different entities may prefer. I really think I ultimately need to trust my own insights more, using what I gather outside of myself as useful clues.

Thank you again for your insights and all the information.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
themaster

Quote:
I have discovered the Bashar site on my googling excursions - in fact this is one of the sites I've bookmarked. I've not gone through much of the material as of yet but I liked what I've read so far. Yesterday I also came across one called Kryon that had some interesting takes on things. And there are a few others I have liked.
Yes, kyron is nice.. I've studied him somewhat.. I believe he is one of the channels in one of the url's above.. yah, I definitely think so

Seth has always been a hard channel for me.. something about the language/concepts.. I've heard it said this way.. that information coming out of channels has been getting clearer and clearer and more focused.. that is why I prefer most modern channels like abraham, bashar and some kryon among others..
Quote:
I *have* had a hard time with certain language in the past - for example, basically anything presented in Christian terms I stopped reading pretty quickly
Yah, I know that place.. I even felt a little bit of that old energy.. when I mentioned the bible above.. see the rolled eyes
Quote:
It may be, I suppose, that even these "higher beings" (and I really don't like the higher/lower designations as that always implies better/worse which I don't think is the case) are still subject to their own personal interpretations and preferences
Correct, the channel is subject to the beliefs/filters of the individual doing the channeling and sometimes this taints the information.. I have been able to more recently spot this "filter" and ignore it taking in the good or information of their message without so much the "filter" showing..

It's not been per say easy to get where I'm at.. but it hasn't been hard either
Quote:
I really think I ultimately need to trust my own insights more, using what I gather outside of myself as useful clues.
Yes, by all means..
Quote:
Thank you again for your insights and all the information.
No problem, glad I could share!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Experiencer
Quote:

For me it has always been more important to focus on the information rather than the supposed source of it. The most positive channels really don't care whether you believe they are what they say they are or just a subconscious aspect of the channeler , they just want to share information that can help you to become more of who you want to be. The ones who are very adamant about making sure that you accept them exactly as they say they are, I stay away from. ;)

Quote:

In regards to this I try and determine if there is an attempt to influence me in any way and if so, how? Basically any source that tries to make you afraid is not working in a positive and loving manner and is to be avoided (in my opinion of course).

Quote:

Your gut feeling is the best indicator of what works best for you. Any message that empowers you and helps you to become more of who you want to be is a great thing to experience and learn from. Then if some other information seems helpful to you then go in that direction to explore as much as possible. "Follow your excitement!"

Quote:

I would also recommend Bashar, his message has been consistently positive and loving from the 80's when I last saw him in person to the material available on his website from current channeling sessions. Your "cards" of reality sound about right to me, it is amazing how easy it is to choose the reality you prefer to experience.

Love and Light
Old 07-02-2011, 12:20 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleStrength
I would also recommend Bashar, his message has been consistently positive and loving from the 80's when I last saw him in person to the material available on his website from current channeling sessions. Your "cards" of reality sound about right to me, it is amazing how easy it is to choose the reality you prefer to experience.
You and I share a common element.. we both seen him.. I last saw him in 2009 in sedona