Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Master

Hey Glow, whereabouts in the world are you? Steampunk's on my 'hmm, I might try that' list.
Old 28-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Master
I'm in Canada. I'm going to pm you though it makes no sense for this deck to sit idle I'd rather someone here have it.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Urban Tarot

Geometric Oracle

I want!!
Old 20-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Its killing me that Gilded Reverie Lenormand has been out of stock for 2 weeks now! I wonder how long it takes before an item is back on stock again?!
Old 20-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Gilded Reverie is my go to deck, I use it all the time :)
Old 20-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
Gilded Reverie is my go to deck, I use it all the time :)

Hi Angelic star, there are two from that same author, Gilded and Tarot of Dreams, do you think there is a difference between the both? One better than the other? I noticed a lot of people have Gilded. Just curious. I am love with his lenormand deck, out of stock! ;(
Old 20-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Hi Angelic star, there are two from that same author, Gilded and Tarot of Dreams, do you think there is a difference between the both? One better than the other? I noticed a lot of people have Gilded. Just curious. I am love with his lenormand deck, out of stock! ;(

I do not have the Tarot of dreams but the images are beautiful, a lot like the Lenormand deck, only more descriptive I feel. I would say Tarot of dreams is a better deck to work with, it looks more fun. So while Lenormand is out of stock go for the Tarot of dreams. That is what I would suggest.
Lenormand is also limited with a handful of cards, while Tarot can help to give a more detailed reading.
Old 20-03-2017, 05:29 PM
55Degrees

Do you mean Gilded Tarot? The Gilded Reverie Lenormand is obvs a Lenormand deck.
The Tarot of Dreams has really large cards and thick card stock.
If you Google Easy Tarot set, the deck in that is the Gilded Tarot with the book by Josephine Ellershaw. the cards are a more usual size.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
I do not have the Tarot of dreams but the images are beautiful, a lot like the Lenormand deck, only more descriptive I feel. I would say Tarot of dreams is a better deck to work with, it looks more fun. So while Lenormand is out of stock go for the Tarot of dreams. That is what I would suggest.
Lenormand is also limited with a handful of cards, while Tarot can help to give a more detailed reading.
I have to beg to differ on that one. Often times you get way more detail and direct info from Lenormand. It can be smack bang in your face. For certain readings it's handier to use, for factual circumstances like love, money, moving house etc.
It's said that it's less suited for psychological, but that is only limited to your own interpretations, as I use it for that just the same. I think I actually feel that even in that aspect it's clearer than Tarot. Tarot's images are more vague in a way whereas the Lenormand piccies are straightforward and clear.
The fact there's 'only' 36 cards means it's complete as is. You don't need more. I've never felt like "darn, I'm missing something from this deck!" Probably don't need more because it is so clear.
I got the Gilded Reverie as well, these days I use it more than my Tarot.

Anyhow, here's a description of the overall differences between the two:

Tarot is more psychological, showing how people feel about situations, and attaching the moods to the context. It's our actions, the "verbs" of life. It's "why" we do what we do and how we think.

For the Lenormand, it's more objective about what people are doing and the results, a more objective view of the nouns in the situation rather than the verbs. It's like watching a chess game: who is doing what to whom. It is more like seeing things above, with less context required in the querent's question because the context is in the reading itself.

Tarot is more psychological -- you feel situations. Lenormand is more physical -- you see situations.

Or maybe a better way to say it is that tarot is more an internal exploration of our moods, and Lenormand is an exploration of the outer world and its happenings.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Master
One for my list:
Conscious Spirit oracle cards.
Came across them yesterday, and it looks great!