Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 04-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Seeker

Tarot Card APPs

Do you find Tarot Card apps as effective as an actual deck? I have a Tarot Card app and I feel like, for myself, it's pretty darn accurate.. and it also explains the meaning of the card and what it means when they appear in certain spreads. It's an awesome learning tool, but I was just curious if anyone thought it might not be as accurate or as effective as a physical deck.

If you're curious, the app I'm using is called Galaxy Tarot.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:21 AM
Administrator
Hello

At times it comes down to "what you want to hear" from the on line apps. I have found then the hold meaning at times depending on how I phrase a question. If I pick a "card of the day" I find its pretty easy to make that fit.

Lynn
Old 04-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

At times it comes down to "what you want to hear" from the on line apps. I have found then the hold meaning at times depending on how I phrase a question. If I pick a "card of the day" I find its pretty easy to make that fit.

Lynn
So a physical deck would be the way to go ultimately?
Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Seeker

Hi
I use a program called the orphalese tarot to do readings on the computer. I find it works just as well as when I use a physical deck. You can add decks and spreads to it to suite yourself. The program is a pc one but it will run on the mac with a virtual pc.
inomminate
Old 04-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Divinity is divinity. Personally, I don't use them and my answer would be not the same. I did in the past. They are good to test out, look at the images and get a good sense of them. However, having the cards in my hands work better for me. Nothing like the real deal, imho
Old 11-02-2017, 07:07 PM
55Degrees

I have apps and I like them, although the ones I really like I tend to buy a physical copy of too.

They can be great for test driving a deck before deciding to purchase, however I have apps I use that I don't have a physical copy of due to the deck being OOP.

I'm going to say the unforgiveable here, I don't think it makes a ha'porth of difference if the deck is physical or digital, it comes down to the reader.

I have posted many readings on here that have been from apps as I didn't have a physical deck to hand, and they've been just as detailed and on point.

Yes, there is something therapeutic about holding the cards in your hand, but it doesn't diminish the reading if there is no deck to hold.
Old 13-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Master

I've also frequently used apps (the ones where I can choose my own cards and make my own spread) and find zero difference in accuracy. I don't pay much attention to the generic card definitions - I figure this is the online version of the Little White Book and can be easily disregarded if you've got some experience.

I haven't found an app for RWS yet, however there's a nice website where I can pick my own cards and place wherever I like (you'll have to PM me for the site as I'm not sure I can post a link on the forum).

I know that hand-held cards are the traditional way to go, but can't help but think that the New Gen readers will largely be very tech-friendly (not in the least because it's cheaper and waaaay lighter to have access to e-decks. If I can do a decent reading with just my smartphone anywhere in the world... it's pretty sweet!)
Old 13-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
I have apps and I like them, although the ones I really like I tend to buy a physical copy of too.

They can be great for test driving a deck before deciding to purchase, however I have apps I use that I don't have a physical copy of due to the deck being OOP.

I'm going to say the unforgiveable here, I don't think it makes a ha'porth of difference if the deck is physical or digital, it comes down to the reader.

I have posted many readings on here that have been from apps as I didn't have a physical deck to hand, and they've been just as detailed and on point.

Yes, there is something therapeutic about holding the cards in your hand, but it doesn't diminish the reading if there is no deck to hold.
Totally agree with that...

For myself I sometimes use this, also the readings from 'love tarot'. It doesn't come up with just one interpretation of a card, which I haven't come across elsewhere yet. And it is dauntingly accurate. So much so that I sometimes want to kick it, lol, but can't cos it's online. And I ain't gonna kick my PC. PC is sacred

POWERTAROT 1 CARD
http://www.horoscope.com/us/tarot/tarot-power.aspx

VARIOUS 1 CARD LOVE READINGS http://www.horoscope.com/us/tarot/in...ding-love.aspx

I also use another one at times that also does CC, 3 cards etc. but it's Dutch, no point in sharing here.