Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Master
There are two basic schools of thought in regards to ones whole 'relationship' to the Divine:

1. The relationship simply does not exist because:

a) God does not exist and therefore a relationship with God cannot exist and
b) I am God, therefore a relationship cannot exist and

2. The relationship exists because God exists and I Worship/love God and see God as something much greater than my own concept of limited 'self'.

Both are right and both are wrong simultaneously - like Schrodinger's Cat being dead/alive simultaneously before the box is opened and both will take you to the 'same place' eventually.

The first premise is the one held by impersonalists, but it is difficult to subjugate the ego for long enough for this concept to take hold...I mean, if I were God, I think I'd remember creating the universe and all...but if God is Love and I am Love, it would be a natural conclusion to draw that I am also God.

The second premise is beautiful because it can incorporate the emotions of abject surrender, total humility and unconditional love - I mean, it's difficult to love and worship self as God, even though you know 'self' isn't SELF!

...and then one gets lost in a sea of personal pronouns trying to describe what God either 'is' or 'isn't' instead of just saying 'God is God' or "I am ME" without the ego getting involved in it whatsoever.

The ego never really goes away...it just takes a back seat or it gets 'benched' saying "okay coach, lemme know when you want me to play again"....and your consciousness is fully aware of this!

Humans that were Devas in their past lives are still Devas having a 'human experience' and they are very grateful for the fact because only in a human birth can one obtain moksha/liberation. Only in a human birth can they exist as fully self-aware entities and actually have the whole 'relationship' bit with God....a human birth is a treasured thing.
Old 19-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you everyone! I had no clue this would generate this many responses. There are lots of things said here that I can read about further to help on my own personal journey.
Old 23-11-2016, 03:21 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I remember Wayne Dyer saying you are God. The idea is we are part of the energy /consusness of God . Who we were in a past ;life is something diferent .

Jesus also said we are gods.
Old 23-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Newbie ;)

No, we are not Gods. We are connected to God, but to have the view that you personally are God is to completely underestimate God and to overestimate yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
The only person who walked on Earth who was "a god" was Jesus Christ. Both Christ and Buddha were fully enlightened souls but different. Buddha evolved from this world through many lifetimes. Jesus was a higher and ancient soul who evolved from an older universe/world than our own. That is why when he became "a Man" he was born pure and perfect and technically the anointed and appointed "God-Man" for this world.

Both Jesus and Buddha came into the world from the Angelic Assembly which watches over this world. They were Messengers; they were half holy and half human. They were sent into the world to bring a new Revelation from God into the world.
They both made errors in life, so neither individuals were perfect.

People idolize the Messenger so they don't have to deal with their Message. Easier to worship someone on a cross than to do the real, hard work yourself, right?
Old 23-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle-mich
Then what about those humans who were said to be a god/goddess in their past lives (e.g. mythology, akashic records, etc.)?? How would they be described?

As idiots obviously. Anyone who claims to have been Thor, Osiris, Zeus, or Ares in their past life either lacks attention or is in crucial need of mental help.
Old 23-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Master
wtc-

I actually also believe we have to DO the real hard work. The CROSS was the highest example of service to others- forgiveness of one's enemies in the most extreme circumstance. It is a difficult path to follow.

I never said to worship Christ. But Christ according to the intuitive and clairvoyants of the time who wrote the NT books said "He was made perfect". What does it mean Jesus was made perfect? It doesn't mean he didn't make mistakes. It means he was made Whole- divine and human.

We are ALL from a divine origin. We all started as undifferentiated thoughts of Love within God. It was our choice and curiosity to begin our own journey of evolution. This evolution is of the soul- our own identity while trying to maintain oneness with God. Some souls physically incarnate and there are some souls which are rare who maintain a Higher-vibration and evolved their personality without ever partaking of the Earth's physical consciousness. These are the Ascended Master Teachers. Some of these teachers have come from the earthly lifetimes who we call "the Saints" but Christ was one of these very spiritual ascended masters.

He was born perfect because karma follows us everywhere. Thus taking on a physical body he retained his connection with God from birth to death. But it also says in Hebrews - 'he was made perfect through suffering". One book says he was born and made perfect another says he also became perfect. Which is it? It's both. He was perfect or obedient to the Divine Laws untested in the human body. So when he lived as a Man he was tested and despite whichever small mistakes or errors he may have made his connection with God was never severed and he overcame. The Resurrection was the sign of his victory of the Soul over the ego, karma, and other negative Earthly influences.

I am sorry wtc but I am not a willy nilly religious person. I delve very deep in contemplation and combine everything I have experienced and learned from other mystics. No disrespects to you though lol.
Old 25-12-2017, 12:38 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle-mich
Hey everyone! A while back, a healer said to an audience where I was present, "You are not a god." (in a discussion on being grounded).

This got me to thinking: Then what about those humans who were said to be a god/goddess in their past lives (e.g. mythology, akashic records, etc.)?? How would they be described?

Just curious! Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

In the deepest truth - we are all gods of our own divine structure. We create ourselves through energy what we put in and what we give out. From a certain point of view (blatant Star Wars reference) we are all a fabric of the universe winding its way in and out of the tapestry. So in that very sense we are like gods - creators. (Don't let it go to your head though ;) last time I checked we can't throw lightning bolts in this plane of existence.)
Old 25-12-2017, 04:59 AM
Master
We are as much of a 'God' as 'God' is a 'God'.

As far as I can understand it, given my limited understanding of the matter, God is the creator and substratum of the universe. We are all made up of that 'star stuff' (has a Moby song playing through my head):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1rFAaAKpVc

Anyway, we're all made of "God Stuff" but God is still beyond any experienced or imaginable concept - we can only get very brief glimpses into the nature of Divinity whilst embodied....enough to know, to understand our place in the universe.