Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 03-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Master
The House Elf

Has anyone had any experience with home-dwelling beings...

I haven't seen him with my physical eyes - but I know he's around. I have heard him telepathically but was afraid I was losing my mind.

He reminds me (physically - in my minds eye) of Dobby from the Harry Potter flicks.

He lives in the basement of a very old giant house that used to be a boarding house/bed and breakfast - it was also a fruit farm at one time.

The current tenants have done a lot of "landscaping" (I like to call it murdering 130 year old Maple trees but to each their own).

The elf being (His name is Merglot) told me that the beings of the home - the hidden people are all dying and disappearing now because their trees are gone.

He got quieter and quieter as time went on without the trees.

Has anyone encountered these creatures and if so what was your experience? I know he isn't an elf but I don't know what else to call him.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 04-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Guide
Yes, I saw and called upon a House Elf for my friend who needed one while I was in astral. He stays at her home now and cleans her house and helps out a lot and she gives him offerings, he loves poptarts so she gives him those. I guess he is much more patient and nicer than other house elves which is nice.
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberSky
Yes, I saw and called upon a House Elf for my friend who needed one while I was in astral. He stays at her home now and cleans her house and helps out a lot and she gives him offerings, he loves poptarts so she gives him those. I guess he is much more patient and nicer than other house elves which is nice.

I am not sure exactly what to call this creature --- but at first he was very serious and kept things very short. As time went on I believe he developed some trust that I was "on his side". The feeling in the house was like there were a lot of other creatures as well... like slaves almost, and he was the spokesman... or the leader, I'm not sure.

As the trees died slowly though, they became quieter and quieter. The basement is the only place I heard him. Since all this happened and we moved out the basement is falling to pieces... I wonder if he was keeping it tidy? No one else was - 2 elderly people live there and don't do much in the way of cleaning down there. It used to be a root cellar and cold storage area when the home was a fruit farm in the late 1800s.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 05-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Glow
I am not sure exactly what to call this creature --- but at first he was very serious and kept things very short. As time went on I believe he developed some trust that I was "on his side". The feeling in the house was like there were a lot of other creatures as well... like slaves almost, and he was the spokesman... or the leader, I'm not sure.

As the trees died slowly though, they became quieter and quieter. The basement is the only place I heard him. Since all this happened and we moved out the basement is falling to pieces... I wonder if he was keeping it tidy? No one else was - 2 elderly people live there and don't do much in the way of cleaning down there. It used to be a root cellar and cold storage area when the home was a fruit farm in the late 1800s.

Yes, that is what House Elves do.. Keep things clean and that is exactly what he is doing.
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Pathfinder
This is very interesting! A good friend of mine used to talk about these dwarf like beings and how his older sister used to talk about one she saw in their house when she was really young.
In the Philippines, they are called Dwende, and they like money? I wonder if they are similar beings to house elves!
Old 09-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Master
Could be! I am not sure that this being is a house elf per say... it was just the closest thing I could figure... its like he is an indentured servant in the home...

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 09-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Interesting topic, House Elf
Old 10-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Master
I typed out a short story about a "house elf" that I was told in infant school. It wasn't till decades later that I realised the message. Excuse the type style as a mischievous house elf was sabotaging my keyboard...or trying to bring my attention to something, maybe.
Quote:
When_Iwas_at_infant_school_i_think_a_teacher_told_ a_story_about_some_mischievous_house_elf_trying_to _annoy_the_man_who_owned_the_dwelling.The_man_knew _that_the_trick_was_to_entice_the_elf_outSide_and_ thaT_would_be_it.If_the_man_shuts_the_door_in_time _hes_won.So+he_completelt_ignores_all_efforts_from _the_elf_to_annoy_him,thus_infuriating_it._The_elf _continued_to_knock_over_plates_and_the_man_calmly _picked_them_up_and_carried_on_as_if_nothing_had_h appened.Then_one_day_after_repeated_attempts_to_in furiate_the_man_had_failed_the_elf_was_so_angry_he _just_charged_straighht_at_the_man,who_was_walking _out_the_door_and_woosh_out_in_the_sun_they_both_w ere_and_the_man_already_back_in_side...grinning,_l ooking_out_the_windwow

If_anyone_knows_the_name_of_the_story_from_that,I' ve_loved_to_know.

When_I_read_some_of_the_old_faetales,_there's_clea rly_lessons_in_aLL_of_them,Kind_of_an_old_oge_bibl e_code_and_teacher_of_basic_moral_values_and_ways_ to_deal_with_annoying_situations,_for_instance,_or _generally._I_always_remembered_it_right_from_back _then.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 10-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorG3
I typed out a short story about a "house elf" that I was told in infant school. It wasn't till decades later that I realised the message. Excuse the type style as a mischievous house elf was sabotaging my keyboard...or trying to bring my attention to something, maybe.

That's really neat! I wish I could "actually" see him

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 24-05-2016, 10:42 AM
Newbie ;)

I've had a few experiences with these types...not sure they were elves but gnome/dwarf like in appearance, usually always with a pointy hat!!