Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 04-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Newbie ;)

Problems with the sun sign and rising sign

So here is the deal. I was born on 22 dec, 1994. It is a cusp indeed. But the problem is, my whole life I've known that my rising sun was Pisces and I never related to it. Recently I found out that I actually started coming out around 3:20AM, and was finally out in this world around 11:20PM. Now, if I take in accountant the hour I started getting out, turns out I'm Sag with Scorpio rising, which resonates with me much more.
Question is, the rising sun is calculated from the hour you were actually born, or the hour you started pushing to get out.. x)
Old 05-02-2017, 05:43 AM
Master
The time of birth. That is when you take your first breath. It isn't when you are pushing out. The time on your birth certificate.

The Doctors and nurses record your time of birth.

The way I was taught which is what I practice is that you are what you are. Even if you are in the first minute of the first degree of the sign, you are that sign. To tell for sure, you would have to look up your chart.

There are other things going on with your chart, so who knows.

Maybe you are unconventional and you have your chart set up to reflect the pushing out time, but that is not how astrology is done. If you want to do it that way, you can.

Usually a birth takes hours. The woman is in labor but she doesn't push until the last bit. My son took over 40 hours. That was far too long but his time of birth is accurate.

Everybody's chart would be all messed up if we used the start of labor as the time of birth. Really the time of birth is the time of birth.

I am all for being creative about how you want to do your own astrology.

Jupiter is in Sagittarius. It is the ruling planet so it's strong.

Pluto is in Scorpio and it is the ruling planet of that sign so it is strong.

Your Venus is in Scorpio.

The traditional ruler of Pisces is Jupiter. The ruler of Sag is Jupiter so it shares something in common.

You have a lot of Capricorn of course. Saturn rules Capricorn but in your chart Saturn is in Pisces. If Saturn is near your rising sign then it would be influenced by Saturn. It wouldn't be an ordinary Pisces rising.

You have so much Capricorn, Mercury and the Uranus/Neptune conjunction and your sun presumably. You have a Leo Moon.

I only looked at the ephemeris because I just wanted a glance.

The labor time doesn't work for me and it would not be that accepted among astrologers but you can do whatever you want with your own chart. Be who you want to be and use whatever time you want if that truly is what you want to do but nobody is going to say that is proper astrology.

We all got pushed out and it takes a long time. My son took over 40 hours which did not please me but his time of birth is correct, my time of birth is correct and my mother said I started coming out way earlier...Everybody had to go through the birth canal but it doesn't count until you are actually here. That is the standard rule.

You can creatively bend rules for yourself if you want but it isn't considered correct. Nobody is going to stop you from interpreting your own astrology how you want.

I bend rules a bit here and there but not that one.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Knower
It makes sense that we are fully and only ourselves (e.g. born into wordly existence) the moment the umbilical chord is cut and we take our first breath without mother. In that moment, which usually takes about a minute, we become an individual in this world.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Master
When I was younger I also had things in my horoscope that I could totally not relate to. But now I can.
You are still very young. Parts of your personality have likely not fully matured yet or you don't see them clearly yet.
Maybe there's other influences in your horoscope that are so strong that the Pisces tendencies aren't so clear in you.
Sometimes it helps to have your horoscope done and explained by someone. That often gives a lot of clarity. (Not a computer generated one online, as those have a lot of contradicting things in them, which is normal. Because of that you need someone who can interpret those things properly).