Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 03-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Seeker

Death, the lovers, Two of cups, the hanged man?

This one I'm a little confused about, I pulled some cards to pick up on the energy of a potential relationship with someone. She is into this spiritual stuff as well so there's already a good connection building. I was thinking the hanged man had to do with gaining more spiritual insights and getting strong on our paths because of our connection. I was a little thrown off by the death card though. Wasn't thinking it had to do with anything ending but possibly taking it to the next level with everything. Anyone else have any thoughts about this?
Old 03-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Death
Lovers
2ofCups
Hangman

In a nutshell, sounds like someone falling head over heals. Death; coming into a new state of awareness ( out with the old in with the new). Lovers and 2 of cups representing union or connection, and hangman 'falling', in love/head over heals... That is ONE perspective.

Also, Hang man in the past has often meant to let the issue go. Not a good time to ask, 'let it go'and let circumstances flourish on its own

Set the cards aside and trust the feelings you are getting form the situation.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic1111
This one I'm a little confused about, I pulled some cards to pick up on the energy of a potential relationship with someone. She is into this spiritual stuff as well so there's already a good connection building. I was thinking the hanged man had to do with gaining more spiritual insights and getting strong on our paths because of our connection. I was a little thrown off by the death card though. Wasn't thinking it had to do with anything ending but possibly taking it to the next level with everything. Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

The hanged man and the death could mean divine timing together. The timing when everything is perfect for the two of you to get together. This will come after the energy of the death and the hanged man is released. So the time has not arrived yet in some way.
The lovers and two of cups could mean a good relationships, that has solid hold and good potential, but there needs to be some release first for this to happen in the first place. With the death card it can be just before new beginnings and with the hanged man, sort of waiting game where this energy seeks a release . This is a good spread.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Death
Lovers
2ofCups
Hangman

In a nutshell, sounds like someone falling head over heals. Death; coming into a new state of awareness ( out with the old in with the new). Lovers and 2 of cups representing union or connection, and hangman 'falling', in love/head over heals... That is ONE perspective.

Also, Hang man in the past has often meant to let the issue go. Not a good time to ask, 'let it go'and let circumstances flourish on its own

Set the cards aside and trust the feelings you are getting form the situation.

For sure have been feeling that on my end in with these past circumstances and not really trusting my own intuition sort of giving my power away to the cards if that makes sense? In the back of my mind I can feel it and I know its something just need to trust my feelings like you said. Thanks much appreciated.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
The hanged man and the death could mean divine timing together. The timing when everything is perfect for the two of you to get together. This will come after the energy of the death and the hanged man is released. So the time has not arrived yet in some way.
The lovers and two of cups could mean a good relationships, that has solid hold and good potential, but there needs to be some release first for this to happen in the first place. With the death card it can be just before new beginnings and with the hanged man, sort of waiting game where this energy seeks a release . This is a good spread.

Both of you were right on with what I have been feeling about all of this. Its really kind of fitting how these past few weeks we were supposed to get together but something has happened to where It hasn't taken place yet. I was just thinking the same thing yesterday about how energies need to be cleaned out and released to have the new in for it to move forward like your saying. Confirmation thanks!
Old 04-02-2017, 03:51 AM
Administrator
Hello

Death

* means that you will be able to make major changes in your life
* one might have a symbolic death, where you are purified by eliminating all the things that no longer serve you, and are now holding you back
* transformation is the key word here

The Lover’s

* this always means a choice has to be made
* usually is between doing what “ makes sense” and following your heart
* don’t be surprised if well laid plans are suddenly subject to change
* the Lover’s remind you that you cannot attain your full potential with conscious, rational mind alone
* you must marry it to your subconscious, representing your emotions and intuition

Two of Cups

* this is about partnerships, unions, and reunions
* relationship indicated shows an emotional bond
* communicate one’s needs, then let go and see what happens
* will find support from other’s, or may clear up some bad feelings

The Hanged Man

* is about being suspended between the mundane and the spiritual
* indicates a change in thinking, and a new clarity
* your hopes, and goals, no longer seem as important as they once were, while you re think your values
* there is a higher power guiding your affairs
* Surrender to your source

Old 04-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Ascender
The cards do appear paired off.
The Lovers and the 2 of Cups seem better matched than in any other combination, which would surely complicate things.
Death and the Hanged Man are certainly a very interesting pair as an opposite reflection.

Can the Hanged Man therefore be taken literally as the male, and Death therefore in a female role? The man hung in a state of suspension waiting for her to scythe the rope ...

The Lovers and the 2 of Cups might also then be held in suspension, stuck fast at a junction, where a memory of a union past is reflected as the potential union of the future!

I'd say the male is usually the one expected to take the initiative ... to wield the scythe, so to speak.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

The Lover’s

* the Lover’s remind you that you cannot attain your full potential with conscious, rational mind alone
* you must marry it to your subconscious, representing your emotions and intuition

I like those two for the lovers
Old 06-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Death

* means that you will be able to make major changes in your life
* one might have a symbolic death, where you are purified by eliminating all the things that no longer serve you, and are now holding you back
* transformation is the key word here

The Lover’s

Two of Cups

* this is about partnerships, unions, and reunions
* relationship indicated shows an emotional bond
* communicate one’s needs, then let go and see what happens
* will find support from other’s, or may clear up some bad feelings

The Hanged Man

* is about being suspended between the mundane and the spiritual
* indicates a change in thinking, and a new clarity
* your hopes, and goals, no longer seem as important as they once were, while you re think your values
* there is a higher power guiding your affairs
* Surrender to your source

Going through a lot of that right now really started happening about a month ago transformation is huge for me. In so many different areas not just this new relationship but every aspect of my life. I have the vision quest tarot and transformation is actually the name of the death card in it.

Thank you
Old 06-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
The cards do appear paired off.
The Lovers and the 2 of Cups seem better matched than in any other combination, which would surely complicate things.
Death and the Hanged Man are certainly a very interesting pair as an opposite reflection.

Can the Hanged Man therefore be taken literally as the male, and Death therefore in a female role? The man hung in a state of suspension waiting for her to scythe the rope ...

The Lovers and the 2 of Cups might also then be held in suspension, stuck fast at a junction, where a memory of a union past is reflected as the potential union of the future!

I'd say the male is usually the one expected to take the initiative ... to wield the scythe, so to speak.

Definitely has been the stage for me just waiting for her to cut the rope so to speak. I know there's a connection there but get a little antsy because I always took the initiative and would make all the moves not the other way around.