Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-09-2013, 07:19 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
A very old friend Gunther Prien,spoke to me about this once and did indeed confuse me a lot.

I am going to mention in passing ( not because they are not important ) multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia. Two or more personalities in one body now.

Nothing quiet so severe with your good self hopefully, that said.. When you are angry, a pound to a pinch of salt that angry person is far removed from who you are normally... and thus begins the inevitable extrapolation. When you woke up and was thinking .. Time to be alert.. and of course the accompanying ritual of wash/ shower teeth brushing , hair washing.. coffee/tea toast/cereal .. just to get you feeling ready for this world today as opposed to the non corporeal world you occupied in slumber..

So who are you ?.. Relaxed easy going.. concentrating with all due diligence on the task at hand, casting your mind forward in order to plan ahead, reminiscing perhaps , recalling those fond memories or indeed bad memories taking you to another place.

If I were a betting man , I reckon I'd get very good odds on you not being the self same person as you were Five years ago.

I think we are as one person many people or at the very least very many aspects of the same person . I know I am not that fellow who lost his temper, I know also that I am not that fellow rubbing the bed out of his eyes first thing in the morning. I do know that both of them are a part of me though.

You got it,Neville. I was trying to explain this aspect to someone today.
They couldn't get what I was meaning. Did you ever see the movie about the girl who had several personalities? Can't remember the title of the movie now.
So what was in her physical shell? One soul or several souls?
deepsea
Old 08-09-2013, 07:23 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
Deepsea--Good to know I'm not the only person wondering about this!

Native Spirit and Neville--Thank you for your thoughtful answers.

Neville, I actually did have a dissociative disorder for which I received extensive treatment. I haven't had problems with dissociation or traumatic flashbacks in nearly 20 years now.

But people used to say I had this guy with me. I feel often like he is actually part of me. I can feel it when he is 'stepping in', so to speak. I got to thinking, are we so sure that this is all psychological?? What I mean is, if a person develops the ability to kind of leave her body during trauma, couldn't someone else take over, that is, come in? And maybe stay?

Or, could some souls travel through a life together--one incarnate, the other disincarnate but capable of taking over the body?

I know this all seems very strange.

I am not nuts, I got through two degrees, publishing, childrearing, and a lifetime of productive work, but I have this quirk...

I just have the sense I'm no the only one and other people are maybe embarrassed to talk about it for fear of ridicule.

Exactly. It also depends on who you are with at certain times.
Do you feel your personality changing according to who you are having a conversation with?
Now is it to do with a soul change or just us trying to please the other person?

Deepsea
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 PM
pgrundy

Deepsea that's a good question.

I was raised in a family that enforced very strict gender roles and did not believe in educating women or letting them work outside the home. So when I was in college, when profs would read my papers, they had the impression I was a man and I often felt like someone else, a man, wrote them. I have had psychics tell me my guide writes my articles and papers, not me.

I don't know. I can see how I might develop a split like that to function in both environments.

My sisters used to talk about 'speaking two languages' as well--one for home and the old neighborhood, one for school and in public. We aren't foreign either--I'm fourth generation Welsh/Irish. But that's how different our home life was from life in public.

I've always wondered if Victorian women who wrote 'channeled' books weren't actually just discovering a way to write and not be made out to be ambitious and unfeminine.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
Deepsea that's a good question.

I was raised in a family that enforced very strict gender roles and did not believe in educating women or letting them work outside the home. So when I was in college, when profs would read my papers, they had the impression I was a man and I often felt like someone else, a man, wrote them. I have had psychics tell me my guide writes my articles and papers, not me.

I don't know. I can see how I might develop a split like that to function in both environments.

My sisters used to talk about 'speaking two languages' as well--one for home and the old neighborhood, one for school and in public. We aren't foreign either--I'm fourth generation Welsh/Irish. But that's how different our home life was from life in public.

I've always wondered if Victorian women who wrote 'channeled' books weren't actually just discovering a way to write and not be made out to be ambitious and unfeminine.

I was born in the north of England. What we call Geordie-land.
I was brought up speaking Queen's English so I could be ' understood'.

Channeling? You could be well be correct...
Old 09-09-2013, 06:29 PM
pgrundy

Wow. The Grundy side of my family is from Wales, but there are also lots of Grundys in Lancaster, or so people online tell me.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Yup. It happens all the time. Check out the forum "Walk-ins/soul exchanges." It's right up underneath the past-life/reincarnation thread in a smaller sub-link. That's actually how I most effectively talk to spirits myself.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:14 PM
pgrundy

Thanks LadyImpreza1111, I will check that out. I remember it used to be discussed more, a few decades back. Thanks for the forum direction.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Guide
I may be late to the discussion, but if it helps, here's a link to an old book, where they do have an excerpt on two spirits/one body...Case 9-Multiple Personality
That being said, I do find the subject fascinating, I do find the information hard to come by.

Also, in regards to MPD/DID, Dissociative disorders, and such; there are those who are natural/born that way. There are those who have two(or more consciousnesses), from those, that which I can understand, there are say two distinct identities or entities occupying a singular body, but they come from the same soul family. It presents it's own unique obstacles as well as enhancements(for lack of better term). Whether that classifies as two souls occupying a single body as you define it, I'm not sure. But hey, if it helps, awesome.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I may be late to the discussion, but if it helps, here's a link to an old book, where they do have an excerpt on two spirits/one body...Case 9-Multiple Personality
That being said, I do find the subject fascinating, I do find the information hard to come by.

Also, in regards to MPD/DID, Dissociative disorders, and such; there are those who are natural/born that way. There are those who have two(or more consciousnesses), from those, that which I can understand, there are say two distinct identities or entities occupying a singular body, but they come from the same soul family. It presents it's own unique obstacles as well as enhancements(for lack of better term). Whether that classifies as two souls occupying a single body as you define it, I'm not sure. But hey, if it helps, awesome.

Extremely interesting. Would that include OCD? I have a net friend who suffers from this. Very jovial sometimes then just changes.....
Deepsea
Old 11-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Guide
I think that would depend on the particular expression of OCD, as there can be various root causes.

I do know it can get to the point, if the selves are in opposition or if one is having difficulty, it can express it's self as a form of OCD, but therapy can fix the inter-personality conflict.

In regards to multiple-selves-one body, I've heard of a few analogies; one from an online person, another from my guide. My guide likened it to twin suns, intertwined and supportive of each other. He commented how we have a singular sun, and many of our theologies revolve around that, as well as developed in that manner. He also mentioned how with the dual consciousness or many selves/consciousness in one body, it is just a greater awareness of all that one is. Also how people, more so now a days are starting to have a greater awareness of all they are. He went on but I fell asleep.

With the online person, he compared the body to a car, and the expression of soul/self/consciousness to people in the car. So it can be dynamic....
Some people drive in the car by themselves.
Then there are folks who are driving the car, but have a passenger in the front seat giving tips/directions/what-have you.
He went on describing the various combinations of driver-passenger, which I thought was really a fun way to help get a point across. And also created a baseline for people to compare their own conscious expression.

But anyway, I think I've talked enough, I do love the topic though. It's fun.