Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 16-01-2012, 07:27 PM
green

opposite

it is a while now that i try to see if i can find the opposite tarot card (meaning and visual as well) for 9 of swords. --i come up with few ideas but not sure about them.. so if anyone feel like suggesting ideas for a possible opposite card to 9 of swords....

thanks
Green
Old 17-01-2012, 06:05 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Green:

The IX of Swords is the true Death Card in respect to the Tarot.

The opposite would then be the card that represents Birth and Life (itself)--which for me resides in the Major Arcana and is the Empress Card.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...
Old 17-01-2012, 06:41 PM
green

Hi LadyTerra

allthough i don't take 9 of swords to be a true death card but i agree it is on the low side of life and livelihood, yes, the Empress was one of my possible cards as well. thanks.

G
Old 17-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Master
The card [3] in the major arcana as an opposite of the Death card becomes more obvious if you look in Sacred Circle. The equivalent card of Empress is The Lady who is the Goddess, the feminine energy behind manifest nature, the bestower of fertility and creativity. As the Great Mother, she was man's earliest deity. And this is even more obvious when Death is considered in Sacred Circle. The card shows the Harvest Goddess, the Death Goddess, the Goddess of death, destruction, and winter.
Old 17-01-2012, 07:19 PM
green

hi norse
thanks for your answer, death and empress are obvious opposites indeed. i was looking for the possible opposite card for the 9 of swords. ladyterra said that for her 9 of swords is like the death card, but i don't think they are the same though 9 of swords is not really full with life. what do you think?

G
Old 19-01-2012, 09:39 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

Good to see you (again)--Norseman--I like your interpretation here.

Hi Green--if you wish to stick to a Card in the LowerArcana--then look to the Page of Cups--perhaps you will find your answer there.

Peace and Love on your path to Discovering the Mysteries...

Blessed be...
Old 19-01-2012, 09:55 PM
green

hi ladyterra
i don't mind much from which aracna the card is.. it is more of an inner search of myself to find the right match :) but i must admit the page of cups is an interesting choice- why would you choose that page? - as a symbol for a positive connection to the unconscious?

G
Old 19-01-2012, 10:05 PM
LadyTerra

Hi Green:

No--I chose this Card--because it represents Birth and Creation--to a lesser (more mundane) degree.

The IX of Swords is grief, worry, delays, difficulties--which can bring about death and stagnation (on many different levels).

The Page of Cups is the news of a new arrival and creativity in its basic Human form--which can (likewise) effect you (and/or your situation) on many different levels.

I guess (for me) the IX of Swords is a warning that things are coming to a halt--while the Page of Cups heralds new beginnings.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts concerning my perspective.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...
Old 23-01-2012, 10:14 AM
green

i think you are right in your understandings..and actually there is something very clear in your thoughts..i can see now why you take these 2 for opposites. thank you actually for this..
as for myself, i see the 9 of swords more like being in terror, unexplained fear, panic attacks, and someone who is emotionally stressed, i don't see it much as death but i can see the stagnation in it. the page of cups, i see mostly as starting a connection with the unconscious, things are starting to emerge but are yet not understood, but yes, the page is on the right path into growth and mastering his abilities and talents and bringing them into manifestation in the word. hence movement and birth and new beginning.

i really think you are right with seeing these 2 as opposites, as there is something very positive with the page of cups oppose to the 9 of swords, and for myself i do see in both of these cards a deep connection to emotions and unconscious.. in both cards the person is reacting (not sure if this is the right word but can't think of another right now) to the messages that are coming from deep inside, but on the 9 of swords it is fear and stagnation and something very dark and negative, alot of suffering, while with the page, the messages that comes up from deep within lead into creation and are put into positive reaction and growth.

what do you think?

Green
Old 23-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Experiencer
Hi green,

What an interesting topic. The 9 of swords, to me, is about inner turmoil and despair. Our ideas imprison us (hands covering face) and we just can't seem to sort things out and sometimes see things worse than they really are.

The opposite card could be where we get our power back. We shift our thoughts from what is being done to us to what we can do. It would be a total change of focus. To do that we would have to pull all our fragmented energy back into ourselves, seek higher knowledge from another, who would then help us to find it within ourselves. I think I'd choose the Hermit in this case....he can be very helpful when we are in the throes of the dark night of the soul.