Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-10-2011, 08:07 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki04
I'm curious to know why or how you realized that you were wrong? :)

Love and light,
Kiki04

It took thought, contemplation (meditation if you wish) some guidance, new events - all spread over a fair time. Often these were personal issues which wouldn't have relevance for others.
Old 31-10-2011, 08:28 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
I believe that we retain our individuality, but maybe after we have lived many lives and learned many lessons, we become so spiritually evolved that we no longer need or desire it. Then we may have the choice to give up our individuality and become one with Source.

Individuality is an expression, a 'solid' manifestation of the individuation of the source, the source being the centre, the life-force in and of everyone and every thing.

In the form of individuals we progress, we evolve, spiritually through the various planes or dimensions. Having travelled through and experienced lives within these dimensions we eventually feel an almost overwhelming urge to merge again into the source whence we came.

Yes it could be said that we "have a choice to give up individuality" but it's not so much a choice as a progression so natural, so compelling, that we'd have to make a firm choice even to try to resist it.

Long before that time ego would have been shed from the mantle of each individual concerned. And 'ego death' (were there any such actual process) would have come much, much earlier....
Old 31-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Aquarian

After my meeting with God (see sig), I know 4 pertinent facts:
God is all-wise
God is all-loving
God is omnipotent
We are immortal

So whatever happens after we die it's all good.

Yogananda's guru came back from the dead to explain what being dead was like. He states that we leave our physical bodies and join the etheric realm. There we have awareness according to our spiritual level. Within the etheric realm are cities more beautiful than any place on Earth, and the more advanced souls can go there. Less advanced souls might only be dimly aware of them.

It is implied that evil souls will go to reside with demons and fallen angels in an etheric version of Hell.

This may well be the most important chapter of any book written in English:
http://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/chap43.html
Old 31-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki04
I agree with this statement. I call it the ego death. :)

Yes! "Ego Death." I like it!