Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-11-2010, 06:48 AM
paper100

Why cant the dead come back to life?

Hi all

I would like to ask what may seem to be a rather simple question.

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?
Old 26-11-2010, 08:17 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper100
Hi all

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

If an individual has died, then they can't come back to life. If someone appears to have 'returned from the dead' then that individual wasn't dead in the first place.

No matter how many convincing stories about so-called NDE's you may read, apparent near-death is not the same as actual death - makes total sense if you think about it. And that assumes that the situation was accurately diagnosed and honestly reported. It's a sad fact that anecdotes frequently get embellished...reports can easily be changed by someone preferring fantasy over reality.

These forum boards have many such instances.
Old 26-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Master
I don't know, maybe these story are not really true, or there could be more to the story than what we are told. ?.

Last edited by psychoslice : 26-11-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 26-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life.
That's not possible, you're either dead or alive. You can't be dead for days and return to your body. Obviously the body was still functioning but the person wasn't aware of it.
Quote:
If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?
Good questions. You could say these people do get back (reincarnation).

What about zombification? Or necromancy?
Old 26-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Ascender

I think because their spirits had not detached themselves from their earthly garb (body). Until our 'silver chord' has been severed, we are still connected with our bodies.
Old 26-11-2010, 09:45 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2014
I think because their spirits had not detached themselves from their earthly garb (body). Until our 'silver chord' has been severed, we are still connected with our bodies.

bang on right!

I refrained from offering this explanation myself because not everyone is open to such ideas...
Old 26-11-2010, 10:11 AM
deepsea

Once death takes place,that's it.
No coming back unless, as has been said the silver cord breaks.
NDE's are the nearest forms of death.

Deepsea
Old 14-11-2011, 12:11 AM
darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM
This is true IMO from personal experience :)
Old 26-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Master
Why would the so called dead want to come back ?, when the reality is that there was no one to die, if you want to come back well a nice brand new body would be better, not a half decaying used body, stinky stinky lol.
Old 26-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi all

Why would they want to?