Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 05-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic Spammos
It's not natural, it's unnatural that's why I called it a sin. Sin is a deviance from the order implanted in nature and what is commanded by God. However since our nature is wounded by Original Sin it is unable always or most of the time to obey Natural law and Revealed law. Original Sin is the absence of grace and the absence of grace is the absence of virtues hence we sin easily with different powers of the soul which are in the constant internal anarchy. Powers of the soul. http://www.lifeissues.net/writers/mc...hyyouth13.html

The concept of sin is just a way to separate you from others (and to feel superior to them).

L
Old 05-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Here's the part of your statement that I don't accept: NO one is under demonic influence. YOU are both light and dark. YOU have the capacity to do "evil" or good. YOU make choices. And YOU are separating your own dark impulses onto a subset of "them" --so that there is someone else to blame.

Sorry, but that's the way I see it. Whenever you have an "us and "them", a "light" and "dark" --you are not accepting the wholeness of that duality --of yourself, of all of us.

Lora

That' fine we don't have to agree. That's why there are different philosophies people follow. As long as you or others don't persecute me because of my philosophy which is the Christian belief, I am fine.
Yes I agree about what you call duality which is properly called virtue and vice. So a bad person is dominated by vice therefore a demon does not need to waste his time on such a person or if he doe he does it for a reason: to make them more sinful and increase their punishment in Hell, to act through that person and tempt me for example to impurity, or gossip, or the create other social and personal evils especially if that person occupies position of power. etc. That happens to me all the time at work since I don`t consent to his direct temptations and suggestions demon employs different tactics to make me sin or at least to make me tired, hopeless or weaken my defenses, at least to become more imprudent and lose recollection and commit first imperfections with my thinking, saying or doing things...and he does it through the people who don`t believe in devil, sin or God so in them it is that bad duality which dominates: vice (sin).
Old 05-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
That' fine we don't have to agree. That's why there are different philosophies people follow. As long as you or others don't persecute me because of my philosophy which is the Christian belief, I am fine.
Yes I agree about what you call duality which is properly called virtue and vice. So a bad person is dominated by vice therefore a demon does not need to waste his time on such a person or if he doe he does it for a reason: to make them more sinful and increase their punishment in Hell, to act through that person and tempt me for example to impurity, or gossip, or the create other social and personal evils especially if that person occupies position of power. etc. That happens to me all the time at work since I don`t consent to his direct temptations and suggestions demon employs different tactics to make me sin or at least to make me tired, hopeless or weaken my defenses, at least to become more imprudent and lose recollection and commit first imperfections with my thinking, saying or doing things...and he does it through the people who don`t believe in devil, sin or God so in them it is the bad duality that dominates: vice.

Do you really believe that an all-loving God punishes? This is the part I don't get. Religion is about so much hate, really, of others whom they deem "not them".

You have your right to believe. Don't expect acceptance, however. We differ in our basic view of Source.

Lora
Old 05-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Enigmatic Spammos

Quote:
The concept of sin is just a way to separate you from others (and to feel superior to them).

L

Quote:
Do you really believe that an all-loving God punishes? This is the part I don't get. Religion is about so much hate, really, of others whom they deem "not them".

You have your right to believe. Don't expect acceptance, however. We differ in our basic view of Source.

You are contradicting yourself. First you say there is a duality in every person and we have concluded this duality to be virtue and vice.
For example: if someone is more virtues then you and they rarely and never lie and you frequently and on a weekly basis lie then it is proper for that person to feel more morally superior to you.

That person is separated from you. That person is good and virtues while you would be unjust sinner. In you the bad duality dominates: vice or sin. You have separated yourself from good people who do not lie, call you names, who are not resentfull. They are virtues, magnanimous and good and you are proud, unforgivable, resentful and unjust lier.

This superiority they should feel over you is called the virtue of magnanimity and their conscience and soul is at peace since they are obeying all Loving God who is also all Just God (all of God’s virtue are infinite) and since justice means giving each what belongs to them therefore He MUST reward virtue and punish vice. So it is Heaven or Hell according to the degree and seriousness of virtue or vice. And since God's virtues are infinite, Hell must me infinite in pain and duration.

Enigmatic Spammos
Old 05-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Master
Duality was first practiced as a way to understand the totality--the All. But each part never ceased to be part of the whole.

You can measure percentages if you want--how much of me is "good"? How much is bad? That's just denying that you are the whole, indivisible.

Lora
Old 06-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Guide

Quote:
So we are all Gods and not creatures?

My feeling is that we are all god in the sense that we are all the One. But we are creatures, if you like, in the sense that we are also unique and individual aspects of the one.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:35 PM
ms1985

Affirmations against depression:

What would you do, technique, activity or anything that would make you happy?

Sometimes I do yoga, that makes ME happy
Old 06-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Master
Thanks for getting back on topic ms1985 :)

yoga is a wonderful solution. It gives me a sense of peace and of wholeness. sending well wishes :)
Old 06-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Master
I have another suggestion to 'fight' depressing, negative thoughts: As an example, I was lying in bed this morning, and I started complaining about this, that and the other thing in my mind, like so many of us do in those unguarded moments and in the next breath (thought), I was thanking Sweet Jesus for another day of living, and I found that funny, and I started laughing at the silliness of such opposing thoughts.

Humor can take the wind out of negativity's sails, methinks.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Master
I think that recognizing it like you did is a very important step in the right direction- Silvergirl. you saw it for what it was and made a choice to get out of bed on a different foot. :)