Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 06-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Experiencer

Do a lot of people with no ethnic or upbringing connections with an Indian nation select one nonetheless for a spiritual connection?
Old 06-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Master

I would not be surprised.

In my case, an Indian nation selected me.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Shabby

My family tells a story of my Great Grand Father moving here from England and marring Beulah a Cherokee Native America.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Do a lot of people with no ethnic or upbringing connections with an Indian nation select one nonetheless for a spiritual connection?

I guess if they feel pulled toward this....they might. Maybe they were Indians in a previous life???
Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Master
My only connection to the native Americans is many generations old. My people killed them and forced them from their lands. I would apologize but I know better. Peace and I hope you manage to preserve your traditions until the white men are gone.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I guess if they feel pulled toward this....they might. Maybe they were Indians in a previous life???

I am awaiting my grand revealing in the spirit realm when I am more spiritually healthy. If I keep it up it should be soon. I came close twice. First time was to give me a glimpse, second time I messed it up.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Gracey

I don't have Indian blood in me, but i did encounter a chief Mohawk in spirit form when i was 2 years old and when my son was 4 he told me all about it, yet did not know of my experience. now my two eldest children are Sioux.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 AM
PEACE

Hi my link is my guide i know we were together in a past life,a family link close.As a child i am told that a would say all sorts of what they called strange stuff or tales,they were my beliefs and history from my tribe coming through but as i am english in this life it confusd people.And as my guide says i feel it in my heart when he is here.Also i am now an adult and as i look back ve always felt out of place, my guide tells me that my spirit is having a walk about in different lifes and it will lead me back to my tribe.
Old 16-02-2012, 09:38 AM
thunderseed

I am Cree of the Buffalo Nation, Coast Salish or otherwise known as the K'omoks tribe, Huichol Aztecian.

And also German, and I think Irish, and other things.

I follow my Cree traditions and culture over any other tribal customs, and the spiritual aspect is more with me than anything else. I fire tended for sweat lodges for years. But since I live in the west coast, all of my animal spirit guides are coast salish, and my spiritual experiences are coast salish!
Old 16-02-2012, 10:37 AM
malcolm c

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
What nation do you identify with, and in what way? Or do you prefer a pan-NA faith?

I am connected with the Cherokee myself. Osiyo! :) My name with them is White Owl; Onacona. I was given it by one of the Cherokee tribes's Elder Council. I have read about Cherokee faith and ceremonies with great interest, and hope to go on a Vision Quest some time.

Your lucky.
I'm not Native American... I was Adopted out as a baby. I have No roots as such..

Good luck on your quest