Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Pathfinder
Emotional Grounding Technique

Hey Guys,

I am Luke , I am a meditator and a therapist. I have been working with energy and spirit for many years.

For this last year I have been working as a therapist in a drug and alcohol rehab. This is about as tough as it gets in regards to helping people discover them selves and make changes. I have learnt a lot.

I have along the way developed a bunch of techniques. I have discovered that if your are seeking enlightenment or to overcome addiction the same rules apply - you have gotta look at your thoughts and also to learn how to feel your emotions.

I am making a tool called the Emotional Grounding Technique - its something I use with my clients when I lead them. But I want to make it so people can learn to lead them selves. I wont ever sell this or make it exclusive in any way.

I invite you to have a look at the page I have setup http://www.riseandshine.me/emotional-grounding

This shows the technique - you can provide your email to receive the worksheets to fill out. It becomes a tool to use each day to process your emotions.

It breaks down any experience into 3 phases , so you can feel , view and process the way you feel. I really feel this could become a tool to help many people.

I hope it can help some people here, and most importantly I hope you can offer me some good feedback

thanks so much
Old 08-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Pathfinder
Hi Luke,

thanks a lot for sharing your technique.
I watched your video and liked it very much.
I didn't do this technique by my own as you described, buy I could feel some relief just by watching it. I know and practice similar techniques where the point is to name the things that bother you and put them on paper and process.

I was just thinking how you could even more improve your technique.

According to the typology of how people perceive and process things, there are 4 types of people:
1) visual type
2) auditory type
3) reading/writing type
4) kinesthetic type

For those who are reading/writing types, your technique should work the most.
The others might probably find it less efficient as they primarily use another channel. Perhaps might find it more difficult to follow.

What if you created also version for the others of somehow combined it together?

For example, visual types can be addressed by asking them to draw a picture how they are feeling, how their emotions look like and how they are looking after processing them. Auditory types could be asked to respond with what sounds they hear when they focus on their emotions. etc

My ideas would of course require some additional testing and experimenting to be sure they really work.

Keep up the good work and again thanks for sharing your technique!
Old 09-10-2017, 04:33 AM
Pathfinder
Hey thanks for the great input

Yes I am well aware of the types of information people can take in, I like the drawing idea, I could also use visual/audio/kinesthetic exercises before the process of filling these in.

The thing is , I have been using this daily with clients in the rehab where I work. In that case I haven't found an issue with visual/auditory/kinesthetic - but now my mission is different , to be able to share this with people over the internet ...

So yes great feedback , I will keep it in mind with future developments