Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 16-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Triad

Centrality

Time is a form of Communication
Consciousness transcend all states
that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence
to consciousness through time.

How many life times have we lived
Forget numbers that is how many

The future and the past
are aspects of the present

The moment
can represent
everything
We know

Man is Infinite
God is More
Old 16-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Triad

You need two dimensions to explain time....one for momentum, the other for position.
Old 16-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Gracey

i use to live across the street from a native american store. one day he was weaving and he said that seven is the center number......centrality
Old 16-02-2011, 02:43 AM
Triad

Quote:
At least two structures at the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza in Mexican display unusual and unexplained acoustical properties.

The Great Ballcourt:
The Great Ballcourt is 545 feet long and 225 feet wide overall. It has no vault, no continuity between the walls and is totally open to the sky.
Each end has a raised "temple" area. A whisper from end can be heard clearly at the other end 500 feet away and through the length and breath of the court. The sound waves are unaffected by wind direction or time of day/night. Archaeologists engaged in the reconstruction noted that the sound transmission became stronger and clearer as they proceeded. In 1931 Leopold Stokowski spent 4 days at the site to determine the acoustic principals that could be applied to an open-air concert theater he was designing.
Stokowski failed to learn the secret.
The Castillo:
This structure is a temple that looks like a pyramid and is the one most commonly pictured on travel brochures for the Mexican Yucatan. Apparently if you stand facing the foot of the temple and shout the echo comes back as a piercing shriek. Also, a person standing on the top step can speak in a normal voice and be heard by those at ground level for some distance. This quality is also shared by another Mayan pyramid at Tikal.
I believe a good case can be made that the Maya somehow engineered these acoustical phenomena. After months of research, I cannot locate any scientific discussion or investigations regarding any of this. Any information or comments appreciated.
Wayne Van Kirk
[email protected]

-Response-
I was at Chichen Itza two years ago. These acoustic phenomena are fascinating. The idea that they were intentionally engineered is not implausible, but it seems clear that it would have been different than our definition of 'engineering' in the modern world.
It is really cool though and I would enjoy knowing more about it if people can add to the discussion.

-Response-
There are other "undocumented" acoustical properties of the ruins. When I was there several years ago the guide showed me a stack of what looked like stone artillery shells. He said that to this day no one has been able to determine what they were for. Then with a wink he picked up two sticks and proceeded to play a tune on the "shells". Each one was precisely tuned. Perhaps the "ancients" knew more about acoustics than we give them credit for.

-Response from reposting on acoustic-ecology discussion group -
A similar phenomenon to that reported at the Mayan ballpark structure can be experienced in Vancouver. At Science World two parabolic dishes have been set up across a large open noisy room. One can speak softly into one and the sound can be easily heard at the other end. I'm sure the two are not identical but the concept is the same and there is quite a bit of novelty appeal. The dishes are about 300 feet apart and have approx. a four foot radius. The effect only works when one speaks at or listens from the focal point of each dish which is not consistent with the report from Mexico, however, it might be a starting point into thinking about how it works.
I also heard a similar phenomenon during last year's Vancouver Folk Music Festival. I work at the Jericho Sailing Centre about 1/4 mile due west of the westernmost edge of the festival site. between the sailing centre and the site is a small hill, large enough to block out a good deal of the ruckus (except of course for the low frequencies). The west wall of the centre is about 35 feet high and about 60 feet long, it's surface is stucco and glass. Standing in front of it, I could hear perfectly the performances from one of the westernmost stages of the festival.
My theory (and this is just plain speculation, no math involved here) is that the wall is high enough to reflect the sound that was being blocked by the hill. The stucco provided enough surfaces at the right angle to bounce the sound down. It could have also been bent down around the hill, by a temperature inversion or some other atmospheric or geographical factor but that theory breaks down because the sound was quite clear only in front of the wall. Clarity also varied at different distances and positions in front of the wall.

-Response-
I think you are awfully lucky to be able to go to the wonderful Vancouver Folk Festival whenever you like. ;-)
Seriously, there's also Michelangelo's dome in St Peter's/Rome. A whisper from the dome can be heard in the church. I believe there are some humorous stories associated with this particular phenomenon.

-Response-
RE: The Castillo:
The 'piercing shriek' sounds like it originates from some sort of periodic structure. Is the Castillo covered with stone steps? A similar effect occurs when you clap your hands near an iron fence or corrugated wall, and the impulse is returned from each corrugation. The echo then sounds like a 'twang.'
The acoustic ducting effect is something else again. Might a periodic structure on the building surface act to diffract the waves and make them follow the surface?

-Response-
I was in Northern Guatemala last year at some famous ruins that I have forgotten the name of (mostly to my brush with death from an intestinal parasite). Two pyramids stand face to face with a football field sized court between them, and low steps and wall on either side. One could easily hear a person talking in a normal voice at the opposite end of the grass covered courtyard. As we were working on a film and were trying to get wide shots, we used this phenomenon to our advantage, where yelling or radios would have been the normal practice. What was even more amazing, were that the stones of the pyramid were some type of resonant stone! I sat on one a foot square and when tapped it would produce a clear short sustained sound. A large part of the pyramid seemed to be made of this "limestone" as the locals called it, and the result was that as a person descended from the top of the pyramid, on the slightly over-sized steps, they would drop slightly and thus create a huge gonglike sound that would resonate across the courtyard and out into the surrounding area. It was amazing to hear the whole temple resound to a persons footsteps! Well worth the trip for you ear tourists!

Conduct and Internet Search upon...
Acoustic Phenomena
Musing About the Soundscape:
Mayan Ruins and Unexplained Acoustics:

Because there is more

Any thoughts?
Old 16-02-2011, 02:54 AM
Triad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i use to live across the street from a native american store. one day he was weaving and he said that seven is the center number......centrality

What is the present?

Chelsea was home and had been looking at her new clock since early morning.....when suddenly she had an idea.....so she went to the front porch where her Mommy and Daddy were sitting..... and asked her mommy”what is a moment”?..... Mommy said to Chelsea, “ Moments are sometimes called seconds and they also call moments the present”...

So Chelsea then asked, “but what about moments everywhere ? Are moments seconds everywhere? Even in the past and future, just like in the present?”.....Daddy looked up with a smile,”Why do you ask Chelsea,” said Daddy?.....”Because” said Chelsea, “seconds are something we use to count the moments, so the present must be time everywhere in a second?........”Not all moments are seconds” said Mommy to Chelsea, “ Moments can take less time than a second and it still is OK, to call those moments, also a present.

Chelsea now had something new to think about.....

Later in the evening It was time for Chelsea to go to bed and she asked her mommy not to read here a bed time story. “Why,” Asked Mommy. Chelsea said it was because she wanted to dream about the present.

As Chelsea fell asleep she had a dream. She saw the Earth and everything that happened in less than one second. It all seemed to be working very well together, better the faster than a second she went.

When she saw the present as everywhere in a moment she was then sure, that if every moment could be less than a second? Then all the presents, in the past and future? Could not only be seen, to be part of something separate, but also, as something that was the same.

Chelsea wakes up suddenly and see's her Mommy, sitting where she was when Chelsea first went to sleep.

She tells her Mommy about her dream, where all moments now and in the past and future are also a part of a single instant.

Her Mommy looked up at her and said,” Chelsea, you were only asleep for a moment”.

The next day on Chelsea's birthday her Mommy gave her a book. Chelsea was so happy because it helped her realize, that in her dream, she was thinking about singularities.

The End

c^2= (d/t)^2 = d^2/t^2 = (d^2) x (1/t^2)
Old 16-02-2011, 03:19 AM
Triad

Observational Bias = Consciousness

Each of us a peice of a puzzle

And so is the moment now
Old 16-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad
What is the present?

Chelsea was home and had been looking at her new clock since early morning.....when suddenly she had an idea.....so she went to the front porch where her Mommy and Daddy were sitting..... and asked her mommy”what is a moment”?..... Mommy said to Chelsea, “ Moments are sometimes called seconds and they also call moments the present”...

So Chelsea then asked, “but what about moments everywhere ? Are moments seconds everywhere? Even in the past and future, just like in the present?”.....Daddy looked up with a smile,”Why do you ask Chelsea,” said Daddy?.....”Because” said Chelsea, “seconds are something we use to count the moments, so the present must be time everywhere in a second?........”Not all moments are seconds” said Mommy to Chelsea, “ Moments can take less time than a second and it still is OK, to call those moments, also a present.

Chelsea now had something new to think about.....

Later in the evening It was time for Chelsea to go to bed and she asked her mommy not to read here a bed time story. “Why,” Asked Mommy. Chelsea said it was because she wanted to dream about the present.

As Chelsea fell asleep she had a dream. She saw the Earth and everything that happened in less than one second. It all seemed to be working very well together, better the faster than a second she went.

When she saw the present as everywhere in a moment she was then sure, that if every moment could be less than a second? Then all the presents, in the past and future? Could not only be seen, to be part of something separate, but also, as something that was the same.

Chelsea wakes up suddenly and see's her Mommy, sitting where she was when Chelsea first went to sleep.

She tells her Mommy about her dream, where all moments now and in the past and future are also a part of a single instant.

Her Mommy looked up at her and said,” Chelsea, you were only asleep for a moment”.

The next day on Chelsea's birthday her Mommy gave her a book. Chelsea was so happy because it helped her realize, that in her dream, she was thinking about singularities.

The End

c^2= (d/t)^2 = d^2/t^2 = (d^2) x (1/t^2)

nice stroy and math to explain harmony...... awsome
Old 24-02-2011, 04:57 AM
Triad

Another example for a Spectrum or a Rainbow....

We are made of Cells, Molecules, Atoms, Particles, Quarks and Leptons and so on...

Could what we define as the differentiation of our Physical Structures be an expression of Space/Time curvature?

Can Sound be made simpler without Electronics?

http://www.tomzap.com/sounds.html

Last edited by Triad : 24-02-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 26-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Triad

Each of us are a piece of an infinite puzzle
there is a place for which there are no words
the silence within that leads to infinity

There are an infinite number of answers
to the same thing.

Love
Old 26-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Gracey

Fibonacci sequence, SPIRALS, and sacred sites, that was interesting.