Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 20-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Seeker

Painful Heart Chakra

About three years ago I experienced what I can't explain other than to say my heart Chakra opened. I experienced this radiating feeling from my chest, it was slightly painful it was so powerful, but it felt amazing. I had a grin on my face that I couldn't remove if I tried. I felt so intensely and had new connections with people. I knew what they were thinking or feeling- and they seemed to know when I was thinking of them.

Since then there are certain people I've connected to very strongly ( I've been told I have very weak boundaries and pick up people's "stuff") needless to say I can feel different sensations in my chest and emotions linked to various people, and am usually able to tell who. (I've had this shown true as I'm often soon after contacted by them or receive other confirmation).

The point of this though is that after a relationship ended painfully it seems to have left me a bit scarred. I'm aware that I've blocked off a significant amount of emotion and it's been this way for a year or more. However, now when I allow myself to experience actually feeling or connecting with my heart it is THE MOST PAINFUL feeling. I literally feel like my heart is shattered or there are quite literally knives sticking out of it. It aches and it hurts. And really it prevents me from wanting to feel.

BUT that is not what I want. My question is how can I help myself heal this? How can this pain be minimized? I've been in therapy, processed feelings and thoughts, I've tried crystals. Any help would be appreciated :)
Old 20-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Master
my thought is that you might connect to the heart of the planet.
use Gaia's loving energy to heal your pains and ill feelings.
bring that natural healing energy into yourself.
spend some time in nature to get acclimated.
Old 20-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Deactivated Account
RobinDawn, do you feel that there may be some remaining energetic/emotional 'blockages' residing in the heart center and which have not yet been resolved & cleared? Could this be what's responsible for the pain that you're experiencing when you are consciously accessing & connecting with this part of your being?
Old 20-09-2016, 10:20 PM
Seeker

painful heart chakra

Hi Wolfgaze, I would absolutely agree that's part of the issue. Sometimes I even think about how when I would connect to his heart I would sometimes feel this same stabbing hurting sensation. I knew I was feeling his heart. But mine was never like that.

So I'm not sure if part of it could be his...but also my own issues now....not sure if that makes sense.

Any insight in how to clear/process blockages would be helpful.

Many thanks,

Robin
Old 20-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDawn
Hi Wolfgaze, I would absolutely agree that's part of the issue. Sometimes I even think about how when I would connect to his heart I would sometimes feel this same stabbing hurting sensation. I knew I was feeling his heart. But mine was never like that.

So I'm not sure if part of it could be his...but also my own issues now....not sure if that makes sense.

Many thanks,

Robin

My heart has opened over the last year so i know how you feel.The energy and love that radiates is amazing and magical.
When i read about how you feel now i was surprised as I didn't think it would be possible to feel that way again after an opening so I thought about what this could be and I thought maybe you were so open that your heart was connected to your boyfriends heart.....I thought maybe its his pain you are feeling....If this is true then he must heal.I don't know if or how you can help him heal but its the first thing that came into my mind
Old 20-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDawn

Many thanks,

Robin

I noticed in your original post that you said this relationship 'ended painfully'... I am wondering how much of that pain stemming from the relationship was stored in your heart center... Do you feel you've been making significant progress healing from the impact of that relationship? How has the therapy been helping you? Has speaking with someone honestly & openly proved beneficial for you?

I wish that I could tell you to just do X, Y, and Z - but a person's healing/purification/refinement is much more complex than following a set of instructions or engaging in a specific practice. As far as my own personal experience - I was not intentionally planning and plotting my own healing. What I was doing over a number of years was continuing to engage in important inner-work (intensive introspection / self-reflection, deep spiritual contemplation) - and this had the effect of elevating/expanding my state of awarenes over time and altering my internal state of being. The life-changing emotional releases & and the healing then unfolded naturally along the way (when the timing was right). Also, sometimes a certain external 'event' or interaction will come along in your life and it will have the effect of triggering stored emotional energy within you so that it can be stimulated and rise to the surface where it will finally be fully consciously processed & then purged/released. This happened to me for sure.

Something I will recommend to you is to explore the book 'The Untethered Soul' (Michael Singer), which articulately describes the process and nature of emotional release & purification. It's also a book about spiritual awakening. I highly recommend it and when we are dealing with emotional/energetic 'blockages', it's absolutely pertinent. The more aware you become of what's unfolding/transpiring within you - the better position you will be in to facilitate the process and make progress forward..

One other thing I'll mention - I came across a text not long ago where the author was making the case that engaging in [b]walking[/u] while simultaneously intending to consciously access & process sensitive mental/emotional 'issues' is highly effect. That walking is a form of bilateral therapy because it stimulates the interaction and connection between both hemispheres of the brain and that this serves to facilitate healthy mental/emotional 'processing' and contributes to our healing. So not just walking by itself, but walking as exercise AND consciously engaging the sensitive feelings/emotions that are stored within you and which you need to process/resolve/heal. Walking regularly as a form of exercise also have other physiological benefits as well. So I'm not sure if this is something that you would consider (if you don't already do this) - but it might be another measure you can take to promote your healing/purification and therefore contribute to your well-being. Routine walks a few times a week while putting your guard down a bit and allowing yourself to tap into your most sensitive feelings/emotions. If you could walk somewhere (safely) that's more surrounded by nature, the better... Just an idea/suggestion....
Old 21-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Pathfinder

I totally agree about the walking in nature as posted above: Edgar Cayce also wrote about it as healing & cleansing of the aura

Robindawn I feel for you. Ten years ago a man I truly adored left ...and it totally changed my personality. I shut down. I only started to get better when I started to apply some advice: "if you really love him, love him the way he is, not the way you wanted him to be." In other words, I had to send him tons of love in his new life, in his new state, hundreds of miles away from me.

Oddly enough it was only in sending him love that I started to open up again and enjoy life. Maybe because the emotion had been bottled up with nowhere to go

Of course everyone heals differently, so I don't know if this would work for you too. But I'm offering it to you with sincere wishes for your own healing...
Old 22-09-2016, 07:02 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
I noticed in your original post that you said this relationship 'ended painfully'... I am wondering how much of that pain stemming from the relationship was stored in your heart center... Do you feel you've been making significant progress healing from the impact of that relationship? How has the therapy been helping you? Has speaking with someone honestly & openly proved beneficial for you?

I wish that I could tell you to just do X, Y, and Z - but a person's healing/purification/refinement is much more complex than following a set of instructions or engaging in a specific practice. As far as my own personal experience - I was not intentionally planning and plotting my own healing. What I was doing over a number of years was continuing to engage in important inner-work (intensive introspection / self-reflection, deep spiritual contemplation) - and this had the effect of elevating/expanding my state of awarenes over time and altering my internal state of being. The life-changing emotional releases & and the healing then unfolded naturally along the way (when the timing was right). Also, sometimes a certain external 'event' or interaction will come along in your life and it will have the effect of triggering stored emotional energy within you so that it can be stimulated and rise to the surface where it will finally be fully consciously processed & then purged/released. This happened to me for sure.

Something I will recommend to you is to explore the book 'The Untethered Soul' (Michael Singer), which articulately describes the process and nature of emotional release & purification. It's also a book about spiritual awakening. I highly recommend it and when we are dealing with emotional/energetic 'blockages', it's absolutely pertinent. The more aware you become of what's unfolding/transpiring within you - the better position you will be in to facilitate the process and make progress forward..

One other thing I'll mention - I came across a text not long ago where the author was making the case that engaging in [b]walking[/u] while simultaneously intending to consciously access & process sensitive mental/emotional 'issues' is highly effect. That walking is a form of bilateral therapy because it stimulates the interaction and connection between both hemispheres of the brain and that this serves to facilitate healthy mental/emotional 'processing' and contributes to our healing. So not just walking by itself, but walking as exercise AND consciously engaging the sensitive feelings/emotions that are stored within you and which you need to process/resolve/heal. Walking regularly as a form of exercise also have other physiological benefits as well. So I'm not sure if this is something that you would consider (if you don't already do this) - but it might be another measure you can take to promote your healing/purification and therefore contribute to your well-being. Routine walks a few times a week while putting your guard down a bit and allowing yourself to tap into your most sensitive feelings/emotions. If you could walk somewhere (safely) that's more surrounded by nature, the better... Just an idea/suggestion....

Hi Wolfgaze, I'd really like to say thank you first of all. Your insights and willingness to respond thoroughly are very much appreciated. I think considering the discomfort and a desire to get back to 'where I was' makes it easy to hope for an x, y, z solution. I too did a lot of inner work, and found myself at such a peaceful, loving, joyful place and was able to sit with and feel whatever came up. Again though, this all shifted after the relationship I mentioned.

However, what you said regarding a natural process of healing is something that really resonated and I do know this. I think I'm feeling a bit stuck- as if the emotions are stuck- and I'm unsure how to feel them or process them. I started doing yoga and I stop and start again because it seems to be bringing up the painful feeling in my chest--yet it's just physical pain. Quite frankly so uncomfortable I stop...

I would say that overall none of the things I've tried have actually helped in any way. I've needed to let go of many emotions including anger, hurt, loss, grief, so on. That has been the process. And still is. I completely ran in the other direction of the person I was with only to realize after two years that it wasn't solving anything. In fact I'd go as far as to say I made it worse. I have recently welcomed him back into my life which allowed us to have a conversation related to how things ended. to be honest we have a strange and intense connection where we both trigger deep unhealed childhood wounds. I know this is connected. In therapy I'd discovered that much of the emotion I was trying to process had a lot to do with childhood wounds related to abandonment and loss. So essentially it was like a double whammy of emotion.

I'm realizing perhaps a better way of phrasing my question would have been 'how do I let myself feel again' Kind of a sad and scary thing to recognize. I think the issue is I'm not allowing myself to feel it all enough to even process it.

The walking sounds very interesting and I'll try this coupled with what you've suggested. I have most ironically just experienced the engine on my car dying and I've been doing a lot more walking lately! I'll also check out that book, book recommendations are my favorite! Thank you again.
Old 22-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
My heart has opened over the last year so i know how you feel.The energy and love that radiates is amazing and magical.
When i read about how you feel now i was surprised as I didn't think it would be possible to feel that way again after an opening so I thought about what this could be and I thought maybe you were so open that your heart was connected to your boyfriends heart.....I thought maybe its his pain you are feeling....If this is true then he must heal.I don't know if or how you can help him heal but its the first thing that came into my mind

Hi Barrynu, I appreciate your response :) I do know I'm open and tend to connect a little too easily with certain people. He was one. I will say what's confusing for me is I can still feel the happy positive radiation --just depends on the person. So I know I'm still capable of feeling it. But overall if I let myself feel , it is very painful.

After we broke up and I was experiencing a lot of this pain I started getting all these strange and repetitive signs related to California. I'd get random calls from California. I kept meeting people from CA. I'd see a painting in a window I was drawn to.. and it was signed by someone in CA. It was non stop ( and I'm across the country). About a year later it occurred to me that it didn't have to do with me but him. When he was a little boy he lived in CA and unfortunately experienced witnessing a lot of violence, death and gangs. I began to wonder if I was picking up on the fact that he needed to heal that and I had somehow taken on that pain or that lesson which is why I started feeling so drawn to CA. This seems like it sounds very strange, but it's just an overall sense of knowing.

He too is on a journey of healing and I seemed to somehow jump on his bandwagon along with my own personal healing journey. I'm not quite sure if I can 'give this back to him' or how to help him. I sure do hope I don;t have to wait for him to heal before I experience relief...but perhaps I inadvertently signed up for that. I care for him very deeply so I'm working on being my own better person and offering love and forgiveness. <3
Old 22-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubarbrosie
I totally agree about the walking in nature as posted above: Edgar Cayce also wrote about it as healing & cleansing of the aura

Robindawn I feel for you. Ten years ago a man I truly adored left ...and it totally changed my personality. I shut down. I only started to get better when I started to apply some advice: "if you really love him, love him the way he is, not the way you wanted him to be." In other words, I had to send him tons of love in his new life, in his new state, hundreds of miles away from me.

Oddly enough it was only in sending him love that I started to open up again and enjoy life. Maybe because the emotion had been bottled up with nowhere to go

Of course everyone heals differently, so I don't know if this would work for you too. But I'm offering it to you with sincere wishes for your own healing...

Hi rhubarbrosie, I can really relate to your comment here and very much appreciate the response and insights.

I know I've heard and seen that persons name a gazillion times, I'll make sure to look into it! I think what you've said is right on- I had a similar thing happen where I watched myself change. I think shutting down is an accurate way of explaining it. I've been through things ending before- but this was different. It was like part of my being was taken as well.

In time I began to realize that I thought I loved him unconditionally but rather I loved with expectation. I thought I cared endlessly, but only cared if I was getting what I thought I should out of the situation. It took me these last two years to recognize the role I played in everything which allowed for me to recognize I hadn't loved him for him faults, and flaws and unhealed wounds and all. I'm very much trying to now. I feel for you as well. It's difficult to know what solution holds a resolution when we're taught in a way to hold on to our anger toward a person- as if we are to use that to propel us forward. As if holding onto that somehow empowers the person to feel more 'right' and more justly able to move on and let go. I'm not so sure that's how it works :) I think it's amazing you've found a way to let go and love.