Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 24-03-2014, 03:43 AM
talking crow

"Hey yana ho yana hey" Chant

Hello. I sing my 9 month old daughter to sleep and recently found myself chanting, "hey yana ho yana hey yana ho yana hey," while rocking and nursing her to sleep. I realized that the chant and tune is from a tape I had and listened to when I was a child, I think called "Native Tapestries." I don't know what tribe it was from or if the tape was from a variety of tribes... I do remember the man talking on the tape in a language that sounded a little bit similar to French... Anyway, I am really hoping to learn the meaning behind this chant. It resonates with me, and I love singing it softly to my daughter as she falls asleep. I used to fall asleep listening to it. Thank you for any knowledge or insight you can share.
Old 25-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Experiencer

I know the one you mean as I too have that on Cd.. but it is a copy a friend burned for me and she didn't list the tracks.. It is lovely.. I'd have to go thru my emtire colection to find it again.. All I can remeber is its on a cd from Global journey company they produced lots of NAI/ Spiritual music...The singer is female.. Sorry I cannot be of more help...
Old 26-03-2014, 01:34 AM
talking crow

I found this while googling it: http://lightworkers.org/blog/72801/the-earth-our-mother
This is not the song that I am thinking of, but the chant is very similar. "Hey yana ho yana hey yan yan....The Earth is our Mother, we must take care of her..."
It's different, but I like it.
Old 29-03-2014, 05:40 AM
talking crow

I also found the CD online...it is called "Native Tapestry" by James DeMars and R. Carlos Nikai. I listened to the samples on Amazon and even though I didn't find that particular song, the music clips I heard felt like ... I don't even know how to say it. Beyond nostalgia... like it brought me home to my soul center. I will have to look for that tape and if I can't find it, order the CD. Nikai is of Navajo-Ute heritage. I still want to know the meaning behind the chant...
Old 30-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Experiencer

Its beautiful, what more do you need, honestly... I think there are a few versions of it..
Old 24-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Pathfinder

chant

talking crow: I found the chant on you tube....it is a chant by Libana....hey yana ho yana hey yan yan.

A chant to take care of mother earth.