Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 01-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Is this acceptable from a therapist?

I won't name the therapy but I did therapy a while ago and had to do a journal

Basically i'd have to write my emotions in and what action i took etc

I sent my notes and this is what I got back and in one of them i said something like i feel negative emotions near my mum and i got this back

'Do you know what it was that made you feel angry near your Mum?

Anyway, well done on what you have done so far. If you send me a reply and perhaps some more notes, I'll see what I can do to advise you'

I replied with

'no i dont know why i feel angry near my mum, i dont know what im supposed to do about it, im not sure if its worth mentioning because ive told people before but it doesnt help really'

After that I got no reply, i did email her back to ask why and I got stonewalled

What do people think?

I get that they want to put the solution in my hands and want me to deal with it but it just seems a bit cold and a bit cruel for me to dig up emotions then get blanked when i do

WOuld this have offended the therapist? i honestly cant work it out
Old 02-09-2017, 12:48 AM
Guide

Having no details of your situation, I can only relate the question to my own experience with therapy.

My therapist had me explore my emotional reactions, my deepest memories, my relationship with parents (especially my mother).

She did not give me answers. She asked me questions. She asked how I felt about my relationship with Mother, if I had felt loved, what my earliest childhood memories were.

She guided, and followed up with additional questions. This seems to be generally what your therapist is doing.

My therapist could not give me answers, simply because every person's reactions, memories, and blockages are different and often caused by things that didn't affect anyone else, not even siblings. The only person who COULD find my answer was ME.

She did hone in on specific areas that seemed to trouble me, that seemed to hold the key to my depression and anxiety issues.

It was painful digging around in the memories I had repressed for all those years, but I HAD to do it. Until I recognized the hurt and pain and DEALT with them, I could not be free.

That process took about a year. I am doing well now, and the ghosts of my past rarely trouble me.

I don't really think your therapist can help much, without you doing the work.

My best wishes to you. I hope you find your answers swiftly :)
Old 06-09-2017, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
lee....any therapist should stay quite close to their clients because they know they are going to open up some stuff during work, and all sorts of reactions can ensue.

But it's hard to read someone via 'distance' communications.
You have no idea for instance....is she in the storm Irma zone and had to evacuate?....has she got some family emergency?....Is her phone line down?....lots of possibilities why she hasn't got back to you.

Sometimes there's a valid reason why we seem to be 'stonewalled' by someone online. And sometimes it's not always because they want to let us down.

But if none of these things apply, and she simply cannot follow up or doesn't care to, then she is NOT a professional therapist!!
Old 06-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Administrator
I am a counselor and never would i ever give advice on a piece of paper.for therapy to work, you have to have total trust,
you would never ask why, you feel a certain way towards a person either. i wouldnt trust this therapist at all

Namaste