Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Lostgirl

Traditional Witch Craft.

Hi All

So i started off with a really keen interest in Wicca, and i still love it, however i have been really interested in the old ways, the more traditional craft.

However trying to find information on it is an absolute nightmare. I am in the process of joining another forum that is souly dedicated to traditional witch craft but its really hard to join and they seem to frown on people who havent got other Witches in the family - which i dont.

Any advice or any place i can learn or any books would be great! Im starting to feel a little disheartened.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Master
If it's the forum I think it is, you might find a familiar name there

OK - books. Those that I recommended before. Hutton and Wilby.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Lostgirl

Hutton and Wilby have been recommended alot on this forum

Also Artisson...

I shall just have a look and see if you are there.....I have been accepted with limited access...i might be a dodgy character hehe..
Old 05-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Master
"seek to follow the ways of the ancestors and honor the land in accordance with tradition"
Old 05-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Lostgirl

And yes it was you :) Brilliant a friendly face
Old 15-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Enya

I found Rae Beth's Hedgwitch books to be useful.
Old 15-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Master
I must admit that I dont read many books [ apart from Hutton and Wilby of course ] but I have a strong preference for self-discovery. I deliberately chose the Hedge Witch or, to use the older name, the Cunning Folk which is a European shamanic path. This requires a great deal of self-knowledge and discovery in your environment [ my discovery has lasted over 40 years so far !] As my signature indicates, I am sworn to Mother Earth above all else. The knowledge needed for this path is never truly lost, it is all around you waiting to be discovered. No one can teach you this, it is truly experiential !
And getting your hands dirty up to the elbows