Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 01-11-2010, 08:37 PM
sidhe_1997

Wicca; My Feelings

Hi! OK, this is my first thread, so here goes.

There are people who don't think witches and witchcraft exists. That's fine; everyone is entitled to their own opinion. (Don't groan, please, I know everyone says that at some point or other when you're contemplating spirituality. Please think why!)

Then, however, when someone asks you what your spirituality is and you reply 'Pagan' or 'Wiccan', or whichever, they're all 'Oh, cool, what's that?' MAny people don't know. A surprising amount. Then you tell them that you believe in a God and Goddess and in Nature. They may be 'Oh, OK, a Goddess is not that different form a God, so I can deal with that, and Nature is fine and whatever'.

But magick? That is not everything. Wicca is knowing that our planet is part of us, as is the UNiverse; aren't we made out of the same matter that came created the sun, and moon, stars, and Earth? Essentially, aren't we made of the same stuff?

Wicca, to me, and so many others, is beautiful. When you find it, and it's right for you, you know why. YOu feel so connected you're 'coming home'. You are so attuned with nature, you love the planet and bide by the Rede...
I love Wicca. Without it, I'd be lost, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm relatively new to the Craft but I know whereof I speak.

These are just some feelings i wanted to share. I hope anyone who feels the same or completely different comments! Blessed Be! )O(
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Administrator
Hello

Welcome first off to SF. Here on SF we really try our very best to respect other's beleifs and feelings and try to understand other's paths.

I have followed many a Spiritual Path and interest and I have been down the path of Craftl, Wiccan, and even the Dark Arts. For a time the path I was on was NOT a possitive one.....but I NEVER hid whom I was. If one's did not respect in the path I was on so be it really.

NOT how one should feel one should care about what other's feel and try to understand in at times why one feels that way.

What speaks to me as far as a Spiritual Path right now well ALL Religions and ALL Faiths. There is a facination in all of IT.

Lynn
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Master
Many people [ myself included ] have found wicca as an entry portal to a spiritual world and then moved on to other paths. At the end of the day, there are a multitude of paths leading to personal spirituality, and that is a strength !
Old 02-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Cosmic Jo

My 8 year old daughter already knows she wants to be wiccan. I've been looking for books for children but there aren't any.... She'll have to wait until she's older to begin.

Its sad how many people judge those that decide to walk a different path.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Master
Jo, you could encourage your daughter down the "green" path - one of the basics in many paths.

Sadly, the judgemental aspect about different paths is rife within wicca itself.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Master
a lot of people unfortunately for them associate wicca with the devil but it's quite the opposite. For me being a wiccan is honoring the earth and celebrating the seasons and the earth.
Spiritlite
Old 02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Master
Wicca = Devil worship ! Now I wonder who put that one about
Old 02-11-2010, 05:28 PM

"Wicca understands that what we perceive to be the difference between the physical
and the non-physical is due to our limitations as materially-based beings."

by Unknown

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
celery

That's because of the 'Hollywood movie' effect. They're so good at brainwashing, or let's say, people are so easily brainwashed.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Cosmic Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Jo, you could encourage your daughter down the "green" path - one of the basics in many paths.

Thats a good idea - any suggestions on how to start?