Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Experiencer

I refuse to discuss this because as the op herself said it, she doesn't even care, so why should I (or anyone else here)? She doesn't bother to reply to comments and advices, so I cannot take anything she says too seriously. She also said she just wants some fun, so she might be having a good laugh at us all here.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
I refuse to discuss this because as the op herself said it, she doesn't even care, so why should I (or anyone else here)? She doesn't bother to reply to comments and advices, so I cannot take anything she says too seriously. She also said she just wants some fun, so she might be having a good laugh at us all here.

Your only allowed an opinion when it fits in with everyone else - do you think that people here are seeking enlightenment or something?

Take a pew & bow thine head!

P.s don't mention what she's posted on other threads.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 06-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Your only allowed an opinion when it fits in with everyone else - do you think that people here are seeking enlightenment or something?

Take a pew & bow thine head!

P.s don't mention what she's posted on other threads.

If no one ever agreed but still could be friends it would be quite enjoyable.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
If no one ever agreed but still could be friends it would be quite enjoyable.

Apart from choosing restaurants - that would be a nightmare

But yes - different tones & ideas generally fix problems in my experience.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 07-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Master
Paranoid Hippie.

A suggestion that may help with taking care of your unwanted email problem with this individual is to first consider Lorelyn's suggestion where she suggests you filter the individual's emails into your spam box, not only this you can block them as well.

And further a suggestion of my own would be that if you would not like future unwanted emails, by any individual, you may wish to consider on forums to keep your email address in your profile listed under the private option, in this manner it should work that only the forum staff would then be able to contact you by email, as opposed to the general random forum populace. Or at least I think that is how it works.

Hey! If we want to be certain, I have my email set as private here if I remember quickly, if anyone wants to test this by all means.

Seriously though PH. I do not think this is a case too many extremes should be the first way to deal with this.

There is a more practical solution to this problem than running to the authorities- I am not saying your gut instincts are not correct- they very well could be, however Stalker I will agree is a strong term for unwanted emails that can be handled in a variety of ways.

A. Filter them to your spam box, it should only take one.
B. Then block them.
C. Stop showing your email addy to the general online public via forum use.

And D. Stop not only responding to these messages, but if you don't want to do any of the above, at least stop reading them.

Finally I feel the word Stalker is a strong word. That does not mean the individual is in the right, he isn't. He is harassing you via an online feature and anonymously.

Your feelings are valid.

However stalker is a strong term for me personally as it makes me worry about another human being greatly indeed, and possibly unnecessarily with my own stress, anxiety, and medical problems going on.

So while you may feel stressed from this person's emails, I have not heard that he has been anywhere near your house, but in your opening post your wording caused me extreme worry for you until you responded back, and I relaxed when I realized you are indeed for now physically okay. You had me very worried honey.

There are practical steps you can take to help you through this, and ease a lot of your anxiety. Please consider them.

All my very best to you.

Stay at peace, and take care of yourself.
And try and relax.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Master
Saturn - with respect, I don't think blocking someone who won't take no for an answer and is physically in reach of her during the day, is necessarily the best way to deal. It is a head in the sand approach.

What I mean is, it is not direct enough and for some, as Raziel has mentioned on another thread, being ignored is strongly perceived as the greater slight and may cause further outrage on this gent's part. Who is to say how he will react?

I still recommend the email, in writing. Of course courteous if possible, but clear and to the point. There is no misunderstanding and he is not being ignored and left to stew.

If the direct email doesn't work immediately, then she can immediately fwd to sups and HR, and to authorities as needed. It all depends on him and his level and manner of response.

This sort of situation, IMO, needs to be taken out of the grey area and the light needs shined on it. If it is truly that he is "simply" a really, really pushy oaf, then an email in writing should do it and he should apologise and leave you be.

If this is not the response, well then thank God she put it in writing...and she can immed fwd it on.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 07-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Knower

PH - is this someone you work with or are around physically in any way? I got the sense he was on a shared forum and not an IRL acquaintance.

I appreciate SP’s advice.... particularly to remove your public email from such boards/fora where you are likely to be contacted perhaps repeatedly without invitation. Also, I recommend periodically searching your email address to make sure your phone number/address doesn’t connect you physically to your email.

Best of luck!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Knower

So he’s gone. I no longer frequent the sites he frequents. There’s also something I realized that relieves me. At one point he claimed that he showed a bunch of girls my ugly photos and he claimed they all found me attractive. All I could think of was how embarrassed I was and how he ruined my dating life. Now I realized those girls were fake.

I didn’t recognize any of them from a dating site. Like everywhere else the gay community is small, so if someone scraped pictures off a dating site I’m bound to recognize some of them. Even if they were I knew it would be highly unlikely they all want to date me. And they probably wouldn’t talk to a sketchy guy online and all accept it.
He was planning on catfishing whatever girl I chose. He’s asked me many times if I’d love him if he was a girl. After that incident he also took on other fake identities. He’s gone now and I’m free to date whoever I like when I feel ready.